Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

20 minutes ago, pod said:

Still think it could happen if Glentoran accepts our offer. But mean while Robbo will carry on looking elsewhere. Balls in their court.

We’ll be playing a game of bluff with Glentoran 

7 hours ago, Oldfellow said:

That may well happen but we can't hold on to every player just in case. We'd have a squad of hundreds and huge debt !!!

The value of a good manager is not just deciding who to bring in but who to let go. He is in a better position than you or I to make an informed decision and minimise the risk

And the manager stands or falls on his judgement. 

Did he ever do that against his old club when he played for us. :unsure:
Did he get a chance to do that??? 1 season Killie weren't in same league as us and this season his only start ironically was at Rugby Park(Had £10 on him for first goal) where Erahon's stupidity resulted in Brophy being subbed after 10 minutes.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, magnus said:

It would be good to get some confirmation from the Club on the development fee received for Jay Henderson.

"We have protected the club and managed to get a good fee for Jay with a potential sell-on. We thank Jay for his service to St Mirren and wish him the best in his future career." 

Quote from the manager, a good fee, seems a fair statement to make and no need to go into detail.

6 minutes ago, alanb said:

"We have protected the club and managed to get a good fee for Jay with a potential sell-on. We thank Jay for his service to St Mirren and wish him the best in his future career." 

Quote from the manager, a good fee, seems a fair statement to make and no need to go into detail.

Why keep it vague?

Neither Jay nor Brophy were threatening the Managers first XI..

With a 6 figure sum plus off the wage bill for EB and a useful development fee for Jay then from the outside it appears good business ...

I wish them both well but if 2 players had to hit the exit then these aren't the biggest losses 

25 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I think we should publicly announce to the last penny what we get from every transfer . 

It’s only fair that the employers & agents of any potential targets know exactly how much spare dosh we have when negotiating . 🙄.   

I think it's pretty well established we are perpetually skint. 

1 hour ago, magnus said:

I think it's pretty well established we are perpetually skint. 

I can assure you we are not, you would be surprised.

Do you think Robinson would of signed a new deal had he not been promised funds being made available, we are sitting nice just now.