Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

“It was either St Mirren or Queen of the South and I chose here because I thought they were better. They still are but the score-line didn’t say that. The boys have been brand new and made me feel welcome. It’s a great set-up.”

Despite all his nonsense patter, I assume he went to QoS because he thought he'd have more chance of getting a game. Shankland, Thommo and Gallagher would all be ahead of him in the queue with us.

Get him asked why he was talking such blatant pish, Stu!?

Aye, had to laugh at it when I saw it in the system. I see he's quoted elsewhere saying he felt their style of play suited him better.

Central midfielder and he is from paisley as well is he not?

Andy Murdoch played with Everton's boys club and should have been on Saints radar as he was a total stand out in that team. Rangers signed him and the rest is history. So much for our scouting system! ......Paisley lad as well

I had a chat with Callum Gallagher last week who is a good mate of Andy Murdoch as they went through the ranks together at Ibrox. He was even surprised that he had gone to Cowdenbeath rather than a team on the Championship. Worth keeping an eye on his progress as I think he might come available next season .........

When either of the bigot brothers or the arabs drop a hint we don't get a look in. Parents are swayed by the rolling pound signs they think will come their way. Kids at Ibrox got two huge kit issues every year and parents got a cheap holiday at Easter with oldco. Still probably do.

The lure of the gruesome two some affects every club in Scotland. It's obviously not tapping whistling.gif but parents are obviously swayed by a trip to the training ground, meeting the manager and a tour of the stadium.

In the early 70's I was quite pally with a lad who later played for Scotland. In those days you were in your mid-teens when the big clubs came knocking. All the scouts came to convince his parents that they were the club to sign for. The biggest name in football scouting visited three times and after his final visit they found £1000 in an envelope stuffed down the arm of a chair. Now his dad was a religious man and he phoned the scout who denied all knowlege of the cash. It was returned to the club chairman with a very nasty letter and the threat that if the scout ever darkened their doorstep again it would the press they went to. Needless to say he signed elsewhere.

In the early 70's I was quite pally with a lad who later played for Scotland. In those days you were in your mid-teens when the big clubs came knocking. All the scouts came to convince his parents that they were the club to sign for. The biggest name in football scouting visited three times and after his final visit they found £1000 in an envelope stuffed down the arm of a chair. Now his dad was a religious man and he phoned the scout who denied all knowlege of the cash. It was returned to the club chairman with a very nasty letter and the threat that if the scout ever darkened their doorstep again it would the press they went to. Needless to say he signed elsewhere.

Dad was a Celt*c supporter and the scout work for the Govan mob. whistling.gif