Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Saw his goal at Cappielow and even Usain Bolt would have struggled to get out of position in time to miss the opportunity!

It fell right for him, but far too many times in the game he picked the wrong positional run/space when we were on the attack leaving McMullen and the midfielders no one to slide a quick ball or cross to.

That is where we failed to kill the game off, and Morton came back into it.

I think he has "it" but he needs the guile to get the most out of "it"... Like a certain, Jet-Blackhaired teamate in his heyday. Like I said he needs to be "coached/mentored" by someone who did it instinctively.... Do we have any players on the books with thzt pedigree... Hint, hint!

I do also believe he will benefit immensly when Goodwin and whoever is signed in midfield come in. At present Agnew is feckin incapable of distributing the ball forwards, Mallan has good and not so good games, Carswell trudges on. With one or two genuine defensive/holding midfielders Mallan would be freed up to push on, McMullan wouldnt have to collect deep so often, and you could pair Shankland with Thommo as the latter wouldnt be required to run till his arse was gasping for breath in an organised attack minded side.

Murray clearly wasnt getting the best out of him, probably most notably the fact he barely gave him a start. Hes getting more game time now and 3 in 3 under Rae may be proving to be a turning point in his time with us.

Its the market we are in - guys that would not get a game for the team they are currently with.

I just pray every night we can sign Billy but the longer it goes on probably the less the chances of doing so. With the Goal Machine you get effort, workrate, physique, experience and he can play in several positions. However tiny tots are all the rage down Greenhill Rd these days so probably Clarkson fits the bill better :)

Billy Mehmet, an all action midfielder (or four!) in the mould of Steven Thomson and a creative type wide man or central player are all desperately needed. The defence can muddle through 'til the end of the season. Yes it's not very good but lack of chances to score goals are what's killing us as the moment, if we go 1-0 down we know there's probably no chance of salvaging anything.

Billy Mehmet, an all action midfielder (or four!) in the mould of Steven Thomson and a creative type wide man or central player are all desperately needed. The defence can muddle through 'til the end of the season. Yes it's not very good but lack of chances to score goals are what's killing us as the moment, if we go 1-0 down we know there's probably no chance of salvaging anything.

A left back would be nice as well as Sean Kelly shouldn't be allowed on the pitch, he's absolutely murder, awful. The boy Jordan Stewart can not be any worse than him.

I notice you wouldn't put anything belonging to you to get him.

Though..... By your touting him all over the place maybe I'm being presumptuous. It's WHAT you'd be "putting forward" that troubles me.

Well you would be aware that I had said on another thread that I would be willing to make a regular donation to Billy's wages if required. You must have missed that reference to Billy :)

Watching the Scottish cup highlights, Dunfermline seemingly operate in an even harder market than us, yet they can pull an exciting attacking player like El Bakhtoui out the bag.

What I'd give for a player as exciting as him just now.

Its late on a Saturday night , try Tinder ?

:P

Edited by whydowebother

Watching the Scottish cup highlights, Dunfermline seemingly operate in an even harder market than us, yet they can pull an exciting attacking player like El Bakhtoui out the bag.

Great bit of speculating.

He started against us when we pumped them 4-0 a few months back.

That's really the only game we won easy all season. Thought he was hopeless like the rest of them.

He never played professional football before Dunfermline. He was in a team that played beach football in Morocco being a bit of a super star. Jim Jeffries was tipped off that he would be worth having. He spent a year playing on grass before he made any impact. No doubt bigger teams are keeping an eye on him.