jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

Jesus wept. What an eye blisteringly wearisome mess this thread has become.

It appears to be a common trend across most threads Drew, regardless of the topic.
I’m all for differences in opinion etc, but some folk really need to give it a rest.

1 hour ago, pod said:

Due you think this will be big enough...

• Image result for a gigantic cap picture

Very much doubt it as his his head would appear to be huge. 

One thing he can't work out however is how to get to Paisley for a Home Game. 

Strange for someone who thinks they know it all. 

On 9/29/2018 at 11:16 AM, Russian Saint said:

It appears to be a common trend across most threads Drew, regardless of the topic.
I’m all for differences in opinion etc, but some folk really need to give it a rest.

Aye and you and Drew could help by not polluting an already shite thread with your own version of pish. :blink:

If McGugan and Hammill are both fit enough to come into the team in the next few weeks, then I reckon we'll try and sign both of them.

Both have shown throughout their careers that they're capable of playing at a decent level.

21 minutes ago, JM1 said:

If McGugan and Hammill are both fit enough to come into the team in the next few weeks, then I reckon we'll try and sign both of them.

Both have shown throughout their careers that they're capable of playing at a decent level.

I think this will be the last wave of trialists now. Makes you think that a ‘pay as you play’ deal until January could be the way forward for both.

3 hours ago, JM1 said:

Christ... Oran and his team will need a shepherd and two dugs to take training soon if the squad gets much bigger

1 hour ago, Russian Saint said:

Hmmmmmm. If stating a fact is “Pish” then that’s fine by me chap.

Oh your opinion has now become fact has it?

OK fair enough. :D

You can't walk on to a thread, post pish which doesn't contribute to anything and then complain about how the thread has become full of pish.

Just swipe past the posts you don't like.

It's not brain surgery.

Edited by oaksoft

55 minutes ago, Drew said:

To be honest mate, I wouldn't be dignifying his post with a response.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I am pretty sure nobody gives a flying f**k how you personally would respond to someone who wasn't addressing you. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

49 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Christ... Oran and his team will need a shepherd and two dugs to take training soon if the squad gets much bigger

Shame we can't cut loose the large amount of dead wood that we know has been left by the previous regime. 

Just now, St.Ricky said:

That will happen. 

Likely not anytime soon and for a considerable cost given most are on two year contracts. Looking back it's actually staggering some of the decisions he made in signing players. 

NBM - Two failed loan moves already and Birmingham winding down his contract

Kepkawa - Six clubs in four seasons and less than 40 first team appearances

Cody Cooke -Bang average player for a semi-professional sixth tier English club

Jeff King - Played for 10 different clubs by the age of 22, seemingly failed at every one

How depressing. 

As i see it, The issue we have as far as Stubbs singings is many fold 

1. Any deemed not good enough or surplus to requirements will require some sort of pay off as i find it extremely unlikely their services will be in demand elsewhere.

2. Everyone of them who remains , takes a wage we could be using elsewhere, therefore tying up scarce resources.

3. We simply dont know the terms of the loanees, can we send them back ? perhaps stuck with them for a season or till jan.

4 . IF we can shift some,most or all of them , which target players will want to come in and potentially be in a relegation fight .

5. anyone have a time machine we could use ?

26 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

As i see it, The issue we have as far as Stubbs singings is many fold 

1. Any deemed not good enough or surplus to requirements will require some sort of pay off as i find it extremely unlikely their services will be in demand elsewhere.

2. Everyone of them who remains , takes a wage we could be using elsewhere, therefore tying up scarce resources.

3. We simply dont know the terms of the loanees, can we send them back ? perhaps stuck with them for a season or till jan.

4 . IF we can shift some,most or all of them , which target players will want to come in and potentially be in a relegation fight .

5. anyone have a time machine we could use ?

CG.  items 1 and 2 are financial and can be sorted.  Item 3.....I agree,  we don't.  Item 4.. Targets and potential relegation.. Just a fact of life Item 5 Time Machine.. No thanks.  This is life in the raw.  To enjoy the good times fully there need to be down times.  Look at our two big spending clubs... Stuck in the middle. Not what they expected. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

CG.  items 1 and 2 are financial and can be sorted.  Item 3.....I agree,  we don't.  Item 4.. Targets and potential relegation.. Just a fact of life Item 5 Time Machine.. No thanks.  This is life in the raw.  To enjoy the good times fully there need to be down times.  Look at our two big spending clubs... Stuck in the middle. Not what they expected. 

A tad flippant Ricky. I doubt we can pay off all the deadwood and then set about a rebuilding of the squad. We simply don't have the money. A club our size can't just have the attitude "it can be sorted" when it comes to money !