Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

22 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Liam Donnelly linked now. 

Not for me. Lad is either constantly injured or a bit of a headless chicken. He wouldn't improve our starting XI.

If this is the calibre of player we are looking at it could be a long season ahead

FlareyBob has contacted me and said there's definitely 2 signings being made next week with another 2 cooking away in the background... he's refusing to reveal the names untill he has received at least 10 apologies from 10 posters on here.. (yous know who you are he said) they'll be no more exclusives until his demands are met....  

19 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

FlareyBob has contacted me and said there's definitely 2 signings being made next week with another 2 cooking away in the background... he's refusing to reveal the names untill he has received at least 10 apologies from 10 posters on here.. (yous know who you are he said) they'll be no more exclusives until his demands are met....  

cooking away??

Are you sure they wurnae bubbling away??

10 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I had hoped we might have made a move for Morton Full backs Liam Grimshaw and Lewis Strapp .

Grimshaw, absolutely not. Glad he's at Utd.

Strapp would be a good option at left back as backup if we had someone established there.

As it stands, we should be looking at a first choice LB and making Tanser the backup and I'm not sure Strapp is that person.

19 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I see the option to buy is set at £250000 . That’ll be a season loan then 😂

We are not exctly following the model of signing to develop & sell on

But it's the Record so very possibly bollocks, they have Gogic as an exaple of our international scouting set up

Edited by beyond our ken

2 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Really? With this being how we are signing one player? We could be signing to develop and sell on with the rest? One option for one player doesn't it be a model to follow, does it?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

£ 250K?  Before we even talk about salary?

I thought the model was to sign a low or no upfront cost and then make a profit

It's interesting , because by agreeing an option to buy , we will have first shout on him.  Meaning , if he tears this league up and the OF or any English Championship club try to pinch him, as usual , we'll be holding the cards !

17 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

£ 250K?  Before we even talk about salary?

I thought the model was to sign a low or no upfront cost and then make a profit

He's 20 years old.

If we sign him on a season long loan and he scores 15 goals next season, we have the option to make that permanent for £250k. In that scenario, we'd splash the money then move him on for significantly more than that.

Several sides in England's championship are well aware of the lad and have been watching him so we've essentially been given a foot up here and if he's good enough to move south, we've already agreed we can get him for significantly more than his transfer value.

IF that is all true though, I see elsewhere he's out of contract and we'd be able to get him for a development fee.