Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

The rumours about us being in for Sule and Bowie have been with us for a bit and I,m thinking that business  has  already been done . 

Hoping we are in for Lewis Strapp to play left back , also hope we keep Shaunessy.  

Look forward to seeing who Foyle has scouted in the lower leagues in England. 

The rumours about us being in for Sule and Bowie have been with us for a bit and I,m thinking that business  has  already been done . 
Hoping we are in for Lewis Strapp to play left back , also hope we keep Shaunessy.  
Look forward to seeing who Foyle has scouted in the lower leagues in England. 

That's good if they are in early. On the Facebook group someone suggested that Adam Montgomery is going to us on a transfer. 5'8" LWB/LB.

So Sule would fill the role maybe left by Erhahon?
Bowie fill the role from Watt?
Montgomery fill the role from Small?
The potential signing of Bedeau fill the role left by Dunne?

What else do we need? Cover at RWB for Strain as there is no extension chat about Tait and for me I don't like Flynn there.
Maybe cover if Shaughnessy doesn't stay and if Main doesn't sign on another striker?
I have to say I hope Main stays. His best football has been with Robo. Any time he has been with anyone else it's been poor. I hope he stays as he has had 9 goals I think all from open play. Not bad for our budget. We are not a club that can sign an out and out 20 goals a season player, we need to take a punt.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

On 5/25/2023 at 12:24 AM, linwood buddie said:

Wonder where Arfield will pop up next , be a decent player for us if we could afford him IMO.

Arfield could be as good as Mbappe and willing to play for free and I'd still want nothing to do with the wee c*nt. His face annoys me, and don't get me started on that saluting pish. The devil's work.

2 hours ago, st jock said:

Arfield could be as good as Mbappe and willing to play for free and I'd still want nothing to do with the wee c*nt. His face annoys me, and don't get me started on that saluting pish. The devil's work.

That's why your not our manager

7 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Just moved my Club calendar on to June - can someone remind me what happened to Dylan Reid - did he head down south ? Did we receive any money ? 
How’s getting on ?

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/announcement/crystal-palace-sign-dylan-reid

Playing for u18s I believe. Hope he makes it as there will be add ons if he makes first team and beyond.

Remember there was a point that we beat Aberdeen to Brophy's signature. Koiki from what I know is like 6'0 and very quick.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, elvis said:

Dj chapsticks over on PnB saying signing very close but doesn't know who it is.

I've heard that there's going to be some movement this week. Expect 1 or 2.  But as you said, no names.

If I was going to guess though (and a total guess is all it is) I'd say Bedeau and/or Sule. I'd be massively happy with the former and hope Sule can adapt to the higher level of football.

Bear in mind the transfer window in England doesn't open until this Wednesday (14th June) so I'd be surprised if we announce any signings from down south who still have a club before then. Particularly as Robinson has already gone on record to say we are looking at players under contract elsewhere.

Any out of contract players are under contract with their clubs until June 30th but I dare say they could join up with us for training and preseason before contract starts.

Everything is a really tight ship within the club nowadays which isn't bad at all. A few years back I'd have been told of the Robinson extension a few days before but nothing, or very little, gets out nowadays.

Edited by djchapsticks

I am reliably informed that we will be linked with a player, few will have heard off  he will be googled extensively until experts are then able to tell us in their infinite wisdom why he is better/no better than Junior Morais/ Jack Baird. Delete as applicable and nobody get on the bandwagon because I randomly picked 2 players 👍

I am reliably informed that we will be linked with a player, few will have heard off  he will be googled extensively until experts are then able to tell us in their infinite wisdom why he is better/no better than Junior Morais/ Jack Baird. Delete as applicable and nobody get on the bandwagon because I randomly picked 2 players [emoji106]
As long as they're better than me, I can't really complain.

3 minutes ago, Slarti said:
21 minutes ago, alwaystrue said:
I am reliably informed that we will be linked with a player, few will have heard off  he will be googled extensively until experts are then able to tell us in their infinite wisdom why he is better/no better than Junior Morais/ Jack Baird. Delete as applicable and nobody get on the bandwagon because I randomly picked 2 players emoji106.png

As long as they're better than me, I can't really complain.

@Slarti my nemesis  they will obviously be better than you, judging by your pic you could have been in 58/59 team if not the 25/26 team. You are ancient 😁👍😁

[mention=15951]Slarti[/mention] my nemesis  they will obviously be better than you, judging by your pic you could have been in 58/59 team if not the 25/26 team. You are ancient [emoji16][emoji106][emoji16]
I am. I designed the Norwegian fjords when the earth was being created. The picture, however, was taken after the earth was destroyed by the Vogons to make way for an interstellar bypass. You're just so slow that you haven't realised that's happened yet. [emoji16]

19 minutes ago, Slarti said:

I am. I designed the Norwegian fjords when the earth was being created. The picture, however, was taken after the earth was destroyed by the Vogons to make way for an interstellar bypass. You're just so slow that you haven't realised that's happened yet. emoji16.png