The Danny Lennon and Tommy Craig Appreciation Thread

Our recent record is 4 wins from 5. Been saying for last couple of seasons if we could do that we could do a St Johnstone & maybe get to Europe. Started our good run with too few points to achieve this though. Can someone confirm these last 5 games is our best ever run of games in SPL? Think it definitely is.

You could argue we had our bad run at the best time of the season (August / September) as we had plenty games left before the split to make up the lost ground. Far better having 27 games left to catch up on the pack after an awful first 6 games than be on the verge of top 6 and then have a honking run of results in March. At least one top 6 team will have a bad run before the split, last year Aberdeen and Hibs both got off to flying starts and looked good for finishing 2nd and 3rd based on where they were in October / November before plummeting out the top 6 by the time of the split. I think this season Motherwell are a bit weaker than previous years, St Johnstone aren't great but do have good strikers who are in form, ICT have lost Butcher and Malpas. Its looking like Dundee United havethe makings of a great young and exciting squad. I wouldn't be massively surprised if Aberdeen, ICT or St Johnstone all had bad runs and the gap narrowed between ourselves and them... and I don't expect our good run to last indefinitely.

If Butcher sorts out Hibs they may break into top 6 by the time of the split... but i don't see Hearts, Ross County, or Kilmarnock making a challenge for the top 6 this season, and I think Partick Thistle will be happy to play well and finish well away from the relegation fight without breaking into the top 6.

• 1 month later...

Shocking decision making! Cost us the game. Sorry DL, but same as at Motherwell a couple of weeks back and many other games in the past, your inability to spot weaknesses or have a plan b, or make changes (when there are simple options on the bench) has cost us a lot of points this season!

Really pissed off with it.

DL has brought in good players mad good footy but his own lack of plan b & tactical nonsense is holding us back!

Edited by spankin_panda

Aye DL made a rip roaring James Hunt of it at half time.

Lee Mair was told to a right warm up by the coach

When the players came out Goodwin told Vanzy get stripped you're now coming on.

No warm up and Vanzie fecks 3 times in a row and we lost a goal.

We 3 changes to the team who were very comfortable in the first half

All it took like for like with Mair on for Cheesy.

We would lost that game if it wasn't for Kello

I made my mind up during the 2nd half that I was going to start a thread tonight under the heading of "Worst Substitution in Living Memory " , I've calmed it a bit now , but it really was a shocker.

Every time Danny's got to think then we're f**ked. Fingers crossed for no new contract !

Danny screwed it up today big time. Utterly shambolic and we the fans can see it. Why though cant the management see it. It was obvious the team were playing well and then he moves three players and puts vanzy in centre mid. Shocking and our inability to win a couple of games on the spin is becoming a joke. I know he won a cup but really apart from united the other day is he taking us anywhere. Do we have consistency do we beat teams we should at home. No we don't and I'm unsure Danny is going to be manager next term

Danny screwed it up today big time. Utterly shambolic and we the fans can see it. Why though cant the management see it. It was obvious the team were playing well and then he moves three players and puts vanzy in centre mid. Shocking and our inability to win a couple of games on the spin is becoming a joke. I know he won a cup but really apart from united the other day is he taking us anywhere. Do we have consistency do we beat teams we should at home. No we don't and I'm unsure Danny is going to be manager next term

We are sitting 8th in the league, 4 teams sit below us and we are now 8 games unbeaten at home.

One Danny Lennon!

We are sitting 8th in the league, 4 teams sit below us and we are now 8 games unbeaten at home.

One Danny Lennon!

We're above a hearts team who are rank and will be gone as they have had -15 points to start with. We are above county who are equally as bad . We lead killie by two points but that's it we are not making in roads to the top six and that's fact. I'm not saying sack the guy but if we're all wanting progress then winning a run of games is necessary and we never do that. Motherwell have taken 12 from 15 that's progress. If we are happy in the bottom half fine I just hope that one day what Inverness and stjohnstone are doing could be us in league football. Edited by norrie82

One Danny Lennon!

Still in the Scottish Cup as well.

There are none so blind as those who will not see ! He is a clueless oaf !

That's your opinion...he stated facts.

This is the best St Mirren have been for a generation. Thanks to Danny.

We're above a hearts team who are rank and will be gone as they have had -15 points to start with. We are above county who are equally as bad . We lead killie by two points but that's it we are not making in roads to the top six and that's fact. I'm not saying sack the guy but if we're all wanting progress then winning a run of games is necessary and we never do that. Motherwell have taken 12 from 15 that's progress. If we are happy in the bottom half fine I just hope that one day what Inverness and stjohnstone are doing could be us in league football.

5 points off the top 6...we right in the hunt providing we keep up decent form.

Did we not take 13 pts from 18 just a month ago, and if we win on Thursday its 7 from 9. Progress?

We are ticking along nicely. Yes today's result and performance wasn't ideal, but there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic for the second half of the season!

Erm... we have "won a couple on the spin" twice this season up till now. So it seems we are able, but don't let that stop you making a fool of yourself again... The jokes on you mate.

5 points off the top 6...we right in the hunt providing we keep up decent form.

Did we not take 13 pts from 18 just a month ago, and if we win on Thursday its 7 from 9. Progress?

We are ticking along nicely. Yes today's result and performance wasn't ideal, but there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic for the second half of the season!

Always see this type of post around this time of year.

The points required to make the Top Six is generally in the low 40's - currently St. Johnstone are on target for 45/46. Say 45 points to make the Top Six, that's 25 from 15 games, 3 of which will be against Celtic. I'm not going to be drawn into any bets on whether we'll make it or not but I reckon our chances are slim - a more realistic target is maintaining 8th place.

Still if history is anything to go by yours wont be the last cry for glory and who knows it might even be a better attitude than my gloomy old Eeyore stance on the matter.

• 3 weeks later...