The Danny Lennon and Tommy Craig Appreciation Thread

Absolute nonsense Danny has to go. How many games have we won since last march. So we are having a run of good luck well thats fab but why because all of a sudden does the team want to play and put in a shift??? Thankfully they are but it is because in the championship they would be looking at being out of a job. Also they want to impress any new manager. Danny good luck to him and I hope he learned from his mistakes. Pre season was a disaster yes Morton relegated and beat us comfortably. No he needs more experience before SPL management again.

Absolute nonsense Danny has to go. How many games have we won since last march. So we are having a run of good luck well thats fab but why because all of a sudden does the team want to play and put in a shift??? Thankfully they are but it is because in the championship they would be looking at being out of a job. Also they want to impress any new manager. Danny good luck to him and I hope he learned from his mistakes. Pre season was a disaster yes Morton relegated and beat us comfortably. No he needs more experience before SPL management again.

Can we bring back the system of red dots for this post?

The team are now putting in "a shift" in the same way they have in many games that they lost/drew earlier in the season - we are just having a bit more of the rub of the green in recent games and the hard work, growing tactical awareness and good use of substitutions (learned by DL through bitter experience) is paying off. The players are NOT currently playing to impress any new manager; every new manager comes in and assesses his inherited squad over a period of weeks of close scrutiny before making changes as required. I doubt any decisions would be made based on how a player performs for a manager on his way out. Pre-season matches matter not a jot.They are purely a way to get players match fit and try out various formations. They in no way resemble what will happen in the heat of a league campaign - hence the huge number of substitutions allowed.

Danny deserves at least a 12 month contract as he is clearly maturing into a decent manager.

Edited by erskinebud

It shows how good a budget we actually have to work with. The amount of f**k ups in signings, pay offs and still paying wages to players who he signed then let go and we still muster together a squad with some real quality.

If he could handle his budget better he could have us a top 6 side IMHO.

Tactically he can set a team up, I like his style of play and I like what he's trying to do.

Just the man management side if things he needs to work on.

Edited by davidg

It shows how good a budget we actually have to work with. The amount of f**k ups in signings, pay offs and still paying wages to players who he signed then let go and we still muster together a squad with some real quality.

Tactically he can set a team up, I like his style of play and I like what he's trying to do.

At least he is starting off from a decent position. I would not like an inexperienced manager come in and we have to start the learning curve all over again. This one has been painful enough.

I am usually the last to give up hope and agree that it is time to change... and I HAD given up on Danny.

However... in the last month or so he seems to have re-invented himself and with results too.

He has shown an ability and a willingness to learn and to change... and there have been enough encouraging signs for me to keep faith in him and support him getting a further 12 month contract.

Johnston was on fire at Queens... Killie fans want him binned.
Butcher did well at Well and ICT... Hibs fans want him out already.
I wanted Adams when we appointed Lennon... I'm so glad I was wrong.
People were touting Sheils at Christmas... how did that work out for Mor10?

Better the devil you know... especially when there are signs of growth and development!

Silly comment, you have no idea what the budget is never mind how it is spent.

Silly comment, you have no idea what the budget is never mind how it is spent.

Is it really a silly comment given we are still paying wages of several players playing elsewhere......?

No reason not to believe the person who told me this.

Edited by davidg

8th place again.

Yes mistakes were made last summer, and I'd like to like that they would be learned from this summer if given the opportunity and wouldn't be repeated. Danny may well have come out of this season and his adversity as a better manager, certainly the last 6 weeks indicate that.

Hopefully this isn't the end.

lennondanny_1693716a.jpg

Legend regardless!

8th place again.

Yes mistakes were made last summer, and I'd like to like that they would be learned from this summer if given the opportunity and wouldn't be repeated. Danny may well have come out of this season and his adversity as a better manager, certainly the last 6 weeks indicate that.

Hopefully this isn't the end.

lennondanny_1693716a.jpg

Legend regardless!

DL & TC thumbup2.gif

8th place on goal difference, out the cups early, 14 points behind st Johnstone, 15 behind ict I.e. Light years away from top 6.

We will be in the dog fight again next year under Danny and tommy, we will have "marquee" signings who turn out to be hopeless - all this happens under their guidance.

8th place on goal difference, out the cups early, 14 points behind st Johnstone, 15 behind ict I.e. Light years away from top 6.

We will be in the dog fight again next year under Danny and tommy, we will have "marquee" signings who turn out to be hopeless - all this happens under their guidance.

I think you are in the wrong thread mate.

I'm sure their must be other threads more suitable for your comments.

1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif

I think you are in the wrong thread mate.

I'm sure their must be other threads more suitable for your comments.

He's in the wrang Forum.

He should join a Hibs yin if he's that grumpy.