Danny Says No More Signings

Has Danny Grainger been signed by anyone?

The former Ross County left back is also highly rated, and would be a good acquisition by all accounts.

Grainger played as a trialist for Sheffield United against Morton the other day, don't think he's signed for them yet, though.

Agree that Ikonomou(?) would be a cracking signing!

Read the Paisley Daily Express everyday  same message from mr lennon & mr Gilmore all about young boys comin through , its no youth we need its experience splash the cash mr Gilmore or we will be in the keech again.Posted Image

We have Thommo, Teale, Goodwin, Van Zanten, Mair and Harkins all either very late 20s or in their 30s. Cheesy, Barron, McLean, Gowser have all played 50-100 SPL games. I wouldn't say we are short on experience. We just need a couple of better players, whether they are 20 or 33 is irrelevant

I kind of wonder if they aren't splashing cash for any other reason. Could a buyer be in the offing and Gilmour saving his cash?

Probably just that financial meltdown is crippling our game to the very core...to be fair I'm quite content with SMFC playing the prudent card until the game has a brighter outlook across the board...I would even go so far as to say that I'd rather see us struggle for a few seasons if it means we will have a team to watch thereafter.

I should add...I don't necessarily think we will struggle, I think we have a decent squad in relation to our competition this year. My point is that I'd much rather be us than Kilmarnock...

There will be a struggle to bring in one additional striker as well as a left back, that's how tight the budget position is.

Most SPL teams outside Celtic will, like us, have strong starting XI's but will have to rely on young players when injuries and suspensions occur,

Personally I am concerned about what might happen if Thommo gets injured but the only way we will be able to afford a new striker is if we sell more season tickets, simple as that.

Read the Paisley Daily Express everyday same message from mr lennon & mr Gilmore all about young boys comin through , its no youth we need its experience splash the cash mr Gilmore or we will be in the keech again.Posted Image

Do not splash the cash or else we will be in keech again !

There will be a struggle to bring in one additional striker as well as a left back, that's how tight the budget position is.Most SPL teams outside Celtic will, like us, have strong starting XI's but will have to rely on young players when injuries and suspensions occur,Personally I am concerned about what might happen if Thommo gets injured but the only way we will be able to afford a new striker is if we sell more season tickets, simple as that.

Another option would be to get a striker in on loan from Newcastle or if not another club.

There will be a struggle to bring in one additional striker as well as a left back, that's how tight the budget position is.Most SPL teams outside Celtic will, like us, have strong starting XI's but will have to rely on young players when injuries and suspensions occur,Personally I am concerned about what might happen if Thommo gets injured but the only way we will be able to afford a new striker is if we sell more season tickets, simple as that.

'Splashing the cash' is the last thing I would advocate, but there's running a tight ship, and there's running a ship that's clearly way too bloody tight. Going into the new season with Thompson and Reilly as the 'only game in town' is surely taking things too far. Last season we had Parkin - he simply must be replaced! Selling STs? By my reckoning we'd need to shift 273.8612 STs to afford a new striker on our approximate wage structure.

Parkin and Guy have gone. Reilly is young, inexperienced and coming back from injury.

Not my style - but here goes. In this instance - gie's a signing!

Read the Paisley Daily Express everyday same message from mr lennon & mr Gilmore all about young boys comin through , its no youth we need its experience splash the cash mr Gilmore or we will be in the keech again.:clapping

"Splash the cash"?

I thought the "Get yer wallet oot" brigade had learned their lesson.

Seemingly not.

We've let go half a team and brought in 3 players, I'm sure there is money to bring in a striker without relying on the fans as usual!

If we do not strengthen then we are in for one horrible season . Should thompsons goals dry up or worse he gets injured are we really going to go with Reilly and a kid. The team has no debt yes budgets are tight but we won a cup and had some good revenue made last year that we did not budget for. Please tell me this is nonsense and that we will be seeing a few come in? If not forget your extra season tickets and stuff cos I'm struggling to get up for this season coming never mind your casual punter. Kilmarnock signed Samson and reguro two number ones we sign two kids , caley and Ross county have strengthened , Aberdeen have added well and will be ten times better under Derek Mc. Harkins great but please we're grubbed with this wafer thin squad

Edited by norrie82

Parkin, Carey, Adam, Imrie, guy, all were our players now if we can't replace them or had to pay them off then what were we doing? They are all first team players and if we paid them off then we should have kept them if we now can't replace them. Div after these guys left and all the loaners are you seriously telling me we can't afford to bring in another striker to help Thompson ? If so we are doomed