Next St Mirren Manager

Bang on , Longwell's there for a reason the U20's are playing well and the guys are stepping up into the 1st team , so what if we are not making money from selling them on but we also need to buy less players.

I know we're nothing like Chelsea but did anyone see the piece yesterday about Ruben Loftus-Cheek, the 18yr.old midfielder who they hope will be the first Chelsea Academy youth player to become a regular first team player since John Terry who has just had his 34th.birthday? I found that quite surprising even though we all know Abramovich's zillions mean that Chelsea in the past haven't had to worry about rearing their own. Fair play rules may change that. Surely Longwell's first priority is to groom our young boys to get them into first team contention and he seems to be doing that quite well. If the lads don't move on from there, is that Longwell's fault? Maybe from now on it might be more relevant depending on who becomes the next permanent (?) manager but the criticism is over the top.

If be happy with Butcher or Calderwood, but my first choice, if possible, would be Murray.

As for Longwell, I don't know where this sudden hatred of him has come from. Should we think about bagging him? I'd be more concerned about having him poached by another club.

We have a decent squad that's been poorly organised recently. We have 6 youth academy graduates regularly starting for us plus a few more on the fringes and none of them often look out of their depth in the Premiership. That's enough to convince me.

As far as getting transfer fees for players, like it or not, that's more up to the players themselves than anyone. They're the ones who can walk away from the club, they can refuse to sign contracts without release clauses or even refuse to sign contracts at all. The power lies with them. All a youth coach can do is get the youngsters to a level where they're ready to play in the first team, Longwell's record for that is exceptional. The rest is up to the players themselves.

I don't want to see Calderwood get the gig. I just don't like him, anyway, but his attitude towards us when he was at the Dung was dismissive at best. A horrible man.

It was his job as manager of the Dung to be dismissive of a rival - it's an attitude required in a siege mentality survival mode. Too much nicey nicey about us for years !

Why do we need an experienced manager anyway?

Looking at our history, the only time we appointed a manager with top flight experience was Davie Hay. I'm too young to remember how his tenure went, perhaps some of our older posters could enlighten me?

There is a huge difference between experienced and top flight experience. What we don't need is a rookie in his 1st job. We also need to stop promoting from within. The whole club is stale and needs a fresh approach - new idea's not a continuation form the previous regime.

I know we're nothing like Chelsea but did anyone see the piece yesterday about Ruben Loftus-Cheek, the 18yr.old midfielder who they hope will be the first Chelsea Academy youth player to become a regular first team player since John Terry who has just had his 34th.birthday? I found that quite surprising even though we all know Abramovich's zillions mean that Chelsea in the past haven't had to worry about rearing their own. Fair play rules may change that. Surely Longwell's first priority is to groom our young boys to get them into first team contention and he seems to be doing that quite well. If the lads don't move on from there, is that Longwell's fault? Maybe from now on it might be more relevant depending on who becomes the next permanent (?) manager but the criticism is over the top.

He is on £10K a week as a youth team player! Staggering

It was his job as manager of the Dung to be dismissive of a rival - it's an attitude required in a siege mentality survival mode. Too much nicey nicey about us for years !

There's the usual mind games which are all part of the job, but he was downright nasty. As I said, a horrible man.

A manager with a track record of bringing in players seems to be what they want. Butcher must be high on the list then.

I think Butcher doesn't want to manage in Scotland anymore (sure there was an interview saying as much) and thats why he knocked back Well.

The idea of Jimmy Calderwood is growing on me...33/1 at McBookie so might stick £10 on!

I would like to see someone who had managed down south or abroad. A man who is used to wheeling and dealing on a shoestring and with contacts throughout the game. I have thought for years that we have been at a disadvantage in the signing market as we have never had the contacts that say Inverness or Motherwell had. A completely new direction for the club

There is a huge difference between experienced and top flight experience. What we don't need is a rookie in his 1st job. We also need to stop promoting from within. The whole club is stale and needs a fresh approach - new idea's not a continuation form the previous regime.

So we don't need a manager with top flight experience, but we do need a manager with experience? Why? Experience of what, the part time leagues?

I don't see anything wrong with promoting from within. It's working fine with Hamilton Accies. Worked fine with us with McPherson. Worked fine at numerous other clubs.

We need to get the right manager. Currently being at the club doesn't make you the wrong manager, as does currently not being make you the right manager. This BOD has never appointed experienced managers before, and I can't see them starting now.

I thought Teale came across really well in his interview last night, I think and hope he will turn us around in the coming weeks. I'm sure we're all hoping the same. By all accounts he's a good coach and well respected in the dressing room.

If he does turn us around, he'll get the job.

Bring back the Jesus looking guy who brought Isma to the Club and left for Northern Ireland Assistants job? Northern Ireland are flying and maybe he can convince Isma to come back? 10 goals between Jan and May might be the difference in staying up.

Divine Intervention may be required.....................