Next St Mirren Manager

it's hardly a cycle, one permanent and one temporary appointment don't represent a pattern

Coughlin was an internal appointment after Hendrie

Gus was an internal appointment after Coughlin

Millen was offered the job once Gus left but declined it so we got Danny

Craig was an internal appointment after Danny left

If that isn't a pattern of preferring internal appointments I'm not sure what is !

Coughlin was an internal appointment after Hendrie

Gus was an internal appointment after Coughlin

Millen was offered the job once Gus left but declined it so we got Danny

Craig was an internal appointment after Danny left

If that isn't a pattern of preferring internal appointments I'm not sure what is !

I said it in an earlier post, the internal appointments have been mostly a bit sketchy, at least Gus got us promoted then made us hard to break down, although he lost me when he started playing wee Dargo up front on his own and ( unless his instructions were disobeyed week after week ) having long balls pumped up to him with two CH's on his back the whole time.

What we now need is a manager who will tighten our defence as his first priority, give the existing players a shape in both attack and defence, and let them know that anything less than a 100% effort at all times is unacceptable.

There will always be a " comfort zone " if any of the incumbents are sourced from within.

A new man, with new idea's, and a work ethic that demands the same from the whole squad, is absolutely essential IMHO

Will be very interesting to see Teales first line up this weekend. TCs signings have taken a battering since they arrived but could it be that he didnt know how to get the best out of them? Listening to SG interview, he was very magnanimous towards TC emphasising his coaching skills with the youngsters. It may be that he just can't manage the big boys. Were now in a nothing to lose position as we were pretty much heading for relegation or at best a play off place. Teale should be setting out to have a right go at C****c as most folk predict a humiliation anyway. Why not set our stall out early doors and go and hump them?

We can but dream.

Good development , what about all the comments on Thommo not wanting because of tv work etc.

I could understand Thommo not wanting the gig preseason. He thought he'd another good year playing and why rush into management. As it happens, this season has been tough on him. Rushed back in a desperate throw of the dice and he's broken down twice. Now might seem like the right time for him and the opportunity is there for him. He said last nt on bbc if offered it-d be hard to turn down.

To me he seems like gaffer material. He won't settle for laziness and no fight.

That said Garry teale will get my full backing. He's been around the top flight long enough to have picked up some good ideas you'd hope and been working with David Longwell with the youth setup.

Overall this is progress. The season starts again. I was utterly disenchanted. Now I'm back all in. Come on our saints.

If you actualy look at stats jimmy calderwoods record is fantastic and has a good win percentage. In comparison billy stark has done nothing sbd he is exactly what we don't need another danny Lennon type manager

We need someone to fire them up like a Hartley , lomas billy Davies figure that will get the players going we don't

Need another manager that struggles to motivate

If you actualy look at stats jimmy calderwoods record is fantastic and has a good win percentage.

Calderwood's successes were at clubs where he was given unsustainable amounts of money to spend. Any mug can outperform other managers of similar sized clubs if they have a soft-touch for a chairman. Given a level playing field Calderwood would have been no more successful than the rest. Also he is a buffoon and a joke figure with a perma-tan.

I agree, Jimmy Calderwood got Dunfermline up to 4th, Aberdeen to 3rd and regularly in Europe and saved Kilmarnock and Ross County from the drop.

I find it bizzare his name is always rubbished. He may have a massive orange bawheid but he is a good manager!

Calderwood's successes were at clubs where he was given unsustainable amounts of money to spend. Any mug can outperform other managers of similar sized clubs if they have a soft-touch for a chairman. Given a level playing field Calderwood would have been no more successful than the rest. Also he is a buffoon and a joke figure with a perma-tan.

Agreed. He did not remotely consider staying at Kilmarnock. He mocked their budget and was adamant he was moving. Same thing even back at Aberdeen , was always defaulting to blaming a lack of finance. It was actaully laughable how he continually moaned about having no resources to develop a team. He plunged Dunfermline into financial chaos, spent 'unsustainably' at Aberdeen. I think he spent five or six months at Killie , then even less time at Ross county.................pattern quickly emerges

That and his continual denigration of the game here when compared to the wonders of the game in Holland were utterly tiresome. That bloke, he is soooo yesterday ..............

I agree, Jimmy Calderwood got Dunfermline up to 4th, Aberdeen to 3rd and regularly in Europe and saved Kilmarnock and Ross County from the drop.

Kemp, I think you have just proved my point by naming those clubs. Dunfermline ended up in administration due to over-spending, Stewart Milne got tired of chucking away £ millions, Jamie Moffat wrote off £ millions of Killie debt owed to his family and Roy McGregor is a multi-millionnaire sugar daddy. On a level playing field Calderwood is unproven (at best).

What I heard last night was SG saying that they know they need to find a gem, any money will go on his ( or hers- see Stirling) salary, which means they are looking for a proven maestro at wheeling and dealing, which gives a new appt a bit of time to get to see club, players and then go to work in Jan. No pay offs no compensations, no Barry Smiths, for me their is one obvious choice

Terry B