Next St Mirren Manager

Not a bad shout, could help our leaking defence, and would hopefully have us climbing the ladder and

take the club to a higher level..

Aye, but didn't he have to leave his last club as the baw was well and truly on the slates?

People who want Teale as manager need their head examined, he was part of the diabolical Tommy Craig manager partnership and should have gone along with TC.

The club needs to appoint a manager who currently isn't involved with St Mirren.

You do realize that an assistant manager is there as a supporting role to the manager ?

That an assistant manager does not make the decisions shall follow the instructions of the manager , hence you are seeing the team play a wee bit different under Teale

We brought in a new head chef to run the kitchen , unfortunately after a few weeks it was clear standards had fallen. After the trial period we let the new head chef go and promoted the second chef. ( assistant head chef ) Quality went back to a good standard because he ( assistant chef ) had his own ideas - Get where I'm coming from.

How do you know they "have done nothing"?

Who is "we"? I'm not sure everyone is asking for an "experienced " manager... just confirmation of the way forward.

Ok what u asking for ... another inexperienced manager. We is us who actually care, pay money and want to see a SMFC that like county will at least fight. You got a prob with any of that?? Or you think that so much is hiding behind the scenes. For record Saints have lost 17 times in 24 matches , us real fans find that a concern

Edited by DougJamie

Ok what u asking for ... another inexperienced manager. We is us who actually care, pay money and want to see a SMFC that like county will at least fight. You got a prob with any of that?? Or you think that so much is hiding behind the scenes. For record Saints have lost 17 times in 24 matches , us real fans find that a concern

Oh right...

Good for you "real" fans then.

Glad you care more than the rest of us.

Experienced managers can also fail spectacularly.

@bawarmy: Also heard a completely left field rumour that Stuart McCall could yet take over as manager, with Gary Teale assisting. Sounds unlikely !

From Twitter. Unlikely but ideal!!

So 'if " this goes through we are saved - oh thank thee lord. Here was me thinking Stuart McCall was struggling with a depleted Motherwell and throw in the towel because he could not turn the corner ?

Can I ask what he will bring that Gary Teale wont ? Just curious steve

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

What a ridiculous post.

So 'if " this goes through we are saved - oh thank thee lord. Here was me thinking Stuart McCall was struggling with a depleted Motherwell and throw in the towel because he could not turn the corner ?

> Can I ask what he will bring that Gary Teale wont ?

Stuart McCall has 40 International caps, considerable experience as a coach (Bradford City and Sheffield United), and over 6 years as a Manager (Bradford City and Motherwell). His achievements at Motherwell are well documented. Clearly in this, his fifth season at the Steel Men, he ran out of steam, but had the good grace and decency to walk away without compensation.

Gary, whom I have a great deal of respect for, has 13 International caps, and was promoted to his first coaching role in May of 2014.

So, he has 7 months of coaching experience, and to date 1 month of Managerial experience.

His record, at 5 o'clock on Saturday, will likely (top verses = bottom) read Played 6, Won 1, Lost 5.

Additionally, he is still a player at St Mirren.

This is not a post to bring down GT, nor is it a post to big up McCall, simply a response to your question 'Can I ask what he will bring that Gary Teale wont'.

> Can I ask what he will bring that Gary Teale wont ?

Stuart McCall has 40 International caps, considerable experience as a coach (Bradford City and Sheffield United), and over 6 years as a Manager (Bradford City and Motherwell). His achievements at Motherwell are well documented. Clearly in this, his fifth season at the Steel Men, he ran out of steam, but had the good grace and decency to walk away without compensation.

Gary, whom I have a great deal of respect for, has 13 International caps, and was promoted to his first coaching role in May of 2014.

So, he has 7 months of coaching experience, and to date 1 month of Managerial experience.

His record, at 5 o'clock on Saturday, will likely (top verses = bottom) read Played 6, Won 1, Lost 5.

Additionally, he is still a player at St Mirren.

This is not a post to bring down GT, nor is it a post to big up McCall, simply a response to your question 'Can I ask what he will bring that Gary Teale wont'.

The biggest thing a guy like McCall would bring would be no prior alliegiance to any player, group of players, or clique of players that may / may not exist within the club. There simply has to be an existing relationship between Teale and the guys he has shared the drssing room and training ground with.

McCall would have no favourites, pals, drinking buddies, golf partners...

Think you must have read another post before replying to mine.

Where did I say McCall would "save" us???

Obviously you must have a very short memory if you think McCall struggled with Motherwell. Look at what he achieved at his time at the club ffs!

What can McCall bring to the table that Teale doesn't have.... Experience!!

Edited by Stevie88