Next St Mirren Manager

The fact there are so many things to complain about just highlights the fact we need action taken now!

A sense of perspective mate. It is a game of football and for all my 47 years of supporting the club, I have had far more downs than ups. That is the way of our club and has always been the case. Disappointing when we lose and over the moon when we win. Today 12 people lost their lives in France and that puts football and many other things into perspective. My thoughts today are with the families and not the St Mirren BOD.

Why even consider relegation for a second time? If we went down then without knowing our squad or strength of other teams/who are your competitors, how can you assume anything. I know you are hurting mate but just remember the TH championship winning season after the previous fare before he was appointed. Look at how well Hearts are doing with a lot of their kids. We can do likewise.

I don't think we would do like Hearts have done, not at all. Under normal circumstances I could easily see us spending five to ten years outside the top flight before a new team puts together a season good enough to win promotion back to the top flight. By 'normal circumstances' I mean the club being run in the same manner, by the same board, who for all their faults, have been through the good times of cup wins and promotions, and the bad times of relegation and rebuilding.

If we go down, we go down into a new landscape - one initially that definitely has either the Rangers or Hibs in it, and possibly a Ross County with Uncle Roy's money backing up a bid for an instant return. Queen of the South already ripped us a new arse in a not so distant cup defeat, and going to the likes of Falkirk is never easy.

Go down, and I reckon we'd be just like Falkirk. A decent 'Div 1' team, but no more. I would stick my neck out and predict a lot of our talented players leaving, a lot of cost cutting, a lot of lower gates and commercial income, and at best a fifth place finish.

Now for the biggie - throw in possible new owners cut from who-knows-what kind of cloth, in charge for the first time of a fizzy pop league St Mirren?....

...excuse me while I go clart in my nappy.

The fact there are so many things to complain about just highlights the fact we need action taken now!

The list was longer than that when we were at Love Street, nobody took any notice then and some of our first team players used to do some of the maintenance.

Why even consider relegation for a second time? If we went down then without knowing our squad or strength of other teams/who are your competitors, how can you assume anything. I know you are hurting mate but just remember the TH championship winning season after the previous fare before he was appointed. Look at how well Hearts are doing with a lot of their kids. We can do likewise.

I'm considering it because right now we'd struggle to beat every team in div 1

I think a wee update would be appropriate .( even via Div )

Have we interviewed anybody for the managers job?

Are we still talking to potential buyers ?

How many players are we looking to bring in ?

And maybe a wee thank you to the fans for their support during these difficult times would be nice.

I think a wee update would be appropriate .( even via Div )...Over to you Div

Have we interviewed anybody for the managers job?..... No

Are we still talking to potential buyers ?..............................Yes

How many players are we looking to bring in ?....................11

And maybe a wee thank you to the fans for their support during these difficult times would be nice.......Thank you guy's

mate you are needing to chill out a wee bit. Everyone of us is frustrated , however it's important we back the team on Saturday cheer them on they are the only ones that can get us out of this.

Seriously? Just cannot agree. The teams in div 1 are so good a reasonably good Hearts are storming the league. It is competitive below Hearts between Scumgers, Hibs and QOS. I also caught the Edinburgh derby and Hearts were no great shakes on the day. Without knowing who our squad will be how can you predict relegation? Every club will cut its cloth but out with a handful of games we have competed well in the SPL and thanks to the inadequacies of TC we have nothing going forward and problems in defence. Rather than speculating on how we WILL go down IF we are relegated this season, concentrate on the fact we have 18 games to play which is 54 points. If we get a decent forward and centre half then we should be stronger whether under GT or someone else.

mate you are needing to chill out a wee bit. Everyone of us is frustrated , however it's important we back the team on Saturday cheer them on they are the only ones that can get us out of this.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQD4wNz6qu3dfudpXRlmNkx7Ezv2FcGnTQNo2if8EcI2KZ5wtGpNA What about this mob?

I agree that bringing in a good CH and forward would improve the team but do you really think we will? We've been looking for the defence to get sorted for about 5 years now! This is my point, we've done enough hanging around hoping on things, now is the time as fans to take action

Edited by Big Yards

This would be a great thread to book mark and revisit IF by some quirk of fate we get outa this mess.

Can you imagine , what a laugh , toilet humour discounted of course

No I'll tell you from experience exactly what will happen.

The whining bastards will use phrases like "papering over the cracks" and "everyone else was shite". Someone else will mention that this was a non-Rangers non-Hearts non-Hibs year and the whining will continue.

It's exactly what happened after we won the League Cup.

Negative people are like poison. Best avoided.

That's not to say we should all be happy clappers but endlessly negative people need to be avoided.

They poison everything.

Edited by oaksoft

No I'll tell you from experience exactly what will happen.

The whining bastards will use phrases like "papering over the cracks" and "everyone else was shite". Someone else will mention that this was a non-Rangers non-Hearts non-Hibs year and the whining will continue.

It's exactly what happened after we won the League Cup.

Negative people are like poison. Best avoided.

That's not to say we should all be happy clappers but endlessly negative people need to be avoided.

They poison everything.

I think you'll find nothing happened after we won the League Cup...which was the real problem. I don't see much whining this season, aside from you really. You and your whining about the fact you log on and are confronted by discussion from fans all showing varying levels of concern or knowledge of aspects of what is going on. Yes we have some trumpets, but why not put them on ignore instead of these self important spells of being a keyboard ballerina.

bollocks,,the board can see we are putting in better performances ,aye except for the defence ,what part of 3 points from 15 is it he isn't seeing,losing 4/5 games is relegation form ,performances might have picked up a bit but that would not have been hard ,so he is basically saying the team didn't try for craig, shocking

No surprise Cheesy wants Tealezo and Daviezo to get the gig. I'm not suggesting he's alone in this, but why would he want an outsider coming in, with no pals act built up over a few seasons, and tell a few of them they are surplus to requirements.

Too incestuous by far now. Get someone in who has no existing agenda and who doesn't stand for any matey-matey pish.

bollocks,,the board can see we are putting in better performances ,aye except for the defence ,what part of 3 points from 15 is it he isn't seeing,losing 4/5 games is relegation form ,performances might have picked up a bit but that would not have been hard ,so he is basically saying the team didn't try for craig, shocking

Yes looks like an admission of trying harder now under Teale, then again i could see the lack of ambition under Craig, but for a self confessed saints fan to actually admit he is trying harder for a different boss is a slap in the face for saints fans who paid his wage when admittedly he wasnt trying for half a fecking season, i'd be interested to hear what his team mates think of it.

Kenny hit the bar in the second half did he Marc ? i saw him hit the bar in the first half - must have been sleeping when he did it again in the second half

Edited by buddiecat

No surprise Cheesy wants Tealezo and Daviezo to get the gig. I'm not suggesting he's alone in this, but why would he want an outsider coming in, with no pals act built up over a few seasons, and tell a few of them they are surplus to requirements.

Too incestuous by far now. Get someone in who has no existing agenda and who doesn't stand for any matey-matey pish.

Agreed. As I've said before there are only 4/5 members of our playing squad who are actually good enough - the rest can bugger off and we need widespread changes IF we have any desire to improve.

What are we protesting about?

Manky seats?

Dug shit on Murray Street?

The food and prices at the hospitality?

Snotters in the toilet?

Six week holidays to South Africa?

No hot water?

We're St Mirren we don't do protest's, we just moan like f**k...thumbup2.gif

Idiotic posts from Big Yards ????

Looks like Cheesy needs a smaller pair of socks too.

It's also not like there are a lot of other centre half options for Gary-y / Tealey to try out other than McAuslandy other than Bairdy