Next St Mirren Manager

Based on what?

Based on the reason SG gave for sacking TC - "we're in a results driven business". http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30395673

Now I know it's impractical to sack GT at this point but it's also difficult to justify making his appointment permanent based on results since he's taken over and we can't afford a new manager without eating into the player budget in addition GT's apparent retirement as a player reduces the squad by one more - perhaps he should offer to take a wage cut if he wants the managers gig on a permanent basis.

ROCK St. Mirren HARD PLACE

Based on what?

Based on the fact that he undoubtably will have some sort of pals act in place with many of the existing first team squad, who patently aren't good enough, and the results are still shite, and he is / would be another lazy 'keep it amongst pals' appointment, which I don't think we need. The entire place is in stupor with the current incumbents.

Has Teale been dealt a duff hand? Yes. Was Tommy Craig a useless chunt? Yes. No matter - we could be going down. Get a decent outsider in NOW. Give them a chance to assess the current squad with what's left of this season, and IF they can save us, great, but if they don't - they'll have an idea of what they have in the dressing room well, well, in advance of the summer window and life in the Championship.

This is St Mirren though, and a silent BoD who have been ring-fencing the shares while Rome burns - any sort of activity, in any area, would now have me saying 'fcuk sake, the BoD aren't actually deid' after all' - I expect Teale to be allowed to limp on - like the club itself.

Edited by pozbaird

A decision needs to be made. Either GT or someone else. The selling of the club should not affect the day to day running of the club and it's clear it is.

Yup. End the uncertainty. Said for months before Craig got the boot we'd end up with some combination of Teale, Thompson and Goodwin as it's the cheap option so they might as well appoint him and be done with it.

Not at all convinced he is the right man for the job. I appreciate there is only so much he can do with what he has (and the budget when it comes to signing) but not starting a striker, regardless of how pish Ball is, in the last two games is a bit silly. So too is not changing things today until there were 20 minutes left.

You can point to the red cards and hard games against Celtic and Aberdeen but as Bud the Baker says it's a results business and we're not getting them.

Based on the reason SG gave for sacking TC - "we're in a results driven business". http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30395673

Now I know it's impractical to sack GT at this point but it's also difficult to justify making his appointment permanent based on results since he's taken over and we can't afford a new manager without eating into the player budget in addition GT's apparent retirement as a player reduces the squad by one more - perhaps he should offer to take a wage cut if he wants the managers gig on a permanent basis.

ROCK St. Mirren HARD PLACE

Agree - as I said last week it would be utter lunacy to give Teale the job (wage cut or not) and today's result only reinforces that. If we give the job to a caretaker who has played 6, won 1, lost 5 (is that right?) that would be ridiculous.

Then again, at St Mirren and with the current BOD it wouldn't surprise me as it doesn't appear that they give a f**king care in the world about our performances, win rate or league position.

Pissed off.

Based on the fact that he undoubtably will have some sort of pals act in place with many of the existing first team squad, who patently aren't good enough, and the results are still shite, and he is / would be another lazy 'keep it amongst pals' appointment, which I don't think we need. The entire place is in stupor with the current incumbents.

Has Teale been dealt a duff hand? Yes. Was Tommy Craig a useless chunt? Yes. No matter - we could be going down. Get a decent outsider in NOW. Give them a chance to assess the current squad with what's left of this season, and IF they can save us, great, but if they don't - they'll have an idea of what they have in the dressing room well, well, in advance of the summer window and life in the Championship.

This is St Mirren though, and a silent BoD who have been ring-fencing the shares while Rome burns - any sort of activity, in any area, would now have me saying 'fcuk sake, the BoD aren't actually deid' after all' - I expect Teale to be allowed to limp on - like the club itself.

Promotion from within has worked out how for Partick Thistle and Accies?

I stuck up for Teale giving what he has to work with

But today showed he shouldn't be given the job

Ball should have been on at half time as we were already 2-0 down and had fallen out the game

Aberdeen's keeper barely touched the ball in the second until he changed things about 20 mins left

I rather we had a go instead of limping out

Not good enough

I think the board were hoping we'd be sold by now. Also hoping GT would have won a couple more games so it would have made the managerial appointment an easy one.

It's either a case of sell up take the risk and let someone else run the club or appoint the new manager and steer us out of this shit storm we are in.

Financially, if Teale was appointed, we'd have no extra managerial wage to pay and therefore more money to get in new players.

If we were to appoint a new manager, then we'd have at least one (if not two) sizeable wages to finance and therefore less to spend on new players.

The BoD have painted themselves into a corner and, if they're going to hang about, then they've and incredibly difficult decision to make, which will determine whether we surrender meekly and wave goodbye to the top league or we fight tooth and nail to give ourselves a chance of reaching 10th place.

'Well and Ross County are equally as shite as we are. Will be interesting to see who they bring on board before the window closes.

By getting rid of Tommy Craigs signings and chosing his own captain. Aye. Whatever.

Captain Thompson is injured, vice-captain McAusland was suspended. Never heard of a manager being given the gig based on who in the current squad would be made captain. PS did Teale not want to offend the BoD by making cup-winning captain Jim Goodwin captain today?

Captain Thompson is injured, vice-captain McAusland was suspended. Never heard of a manager being given the gig based on who in the current squad would be made captain. PS did Teale not want to offend the BoD by making cup-winning captain Jim Goodwin captain today?

or was he being his own man and stamping his authority on the squad.

Possibly, or maybe Goodwin really is welcome to leave in this window?

It's an unusual choice to make a striker captain, especially when your striker is a 22 year old midfielder being played as a makeshift striker.

I fecking hope not

I felt sorry at times for Goody today as he battled to keep score down today

He's our best centre half and central midfielder at the club and if allowed to leave this month it would tell us what we need know about our club presently

Possibly, or maybe Goodwin really is welcome to leave in this window?

It's an unusual choice to make a striker captain, especially when your striker is a 22 year old midfielder being played as a makeshift striker.

Definitely unusual... but Kenny is nearly 5 years older than Fitzy was when SAF made him captain over a lot of senior players... worked out not too bad! I have no idea what the reasoning was, but at a push I would guess it was more Gary being his own man rather than bowing to influence from above.