Stephane Bahoken

I felt the guy never got a fair whack a couple of sub performances when the team was playing poorly in the dying embers of these games would've been nice to see him get a few games and judge him then

He started against Partick Thistle at home before being hooked at half time. He never showed anything during the chances he did get to suggest he was remotely up to it, and Danny's watching him every day in training too.

This signing has been a mistake, but you do have to give the management credit for how quickly they realised it was a mistake.

I won't call the guy one of our worst ever strikers based on the two starts I seem him in. His major issue seemed to be an inability to stay in the middle of the park where he was needed.

I mean, he certainly wasn't as bad as Jens Paeslack, Scott McLean, Gerry Creaney, Christopher Wreh, Graham Fenton or Moussa Dagnogo.

In fact, he certainly wasn't as bad as about 90% of the utter dross who I've genuinely shut out from my mind from between 2001 and 2005.

Guest somner9

Just pissed myself laughing......

Guy and Parkin were great goal scoring losses to the club...? GTPS

Parkin managed 2

Guy managed 5 in all comps, and has amassed 1 at Carlisle....

aye prolific as f**k

Guest somner9

There'd be a loan fee too. Wasn't that why this signing was delayed due to disagreement over the size of that fee? Just before Danny told us all:

' He's the one we've been waiting for, but I believe he's been worth the wait, we've identified the right one who'll give us exactly what we need '

I was no fan of Guy or Parkin. But when you think we let these experienced proven goal scorers go and replaced them with this guy it's pretty confusing stuff. Also quite concerning that the guy we are apparently replacing Bahoken with was punted out of Lewis Guys new team after a few weeks because he wasn't good enough... Hopefully there's someone else coming in January.

Thommo used to get subbed regularly last season. Parkin and Guy provided ample back up and support. Now he's playing 90 minutes every week because there's simply no one else that can play upfront. Let's hope his ageing frame can hold up till January else it's Darren McGregor upfront!

One more goal FOR THIS SEASON and Thommo will have out scored Parkin and Guy combined for all their games with SMFC....

I agree we should have got a decent striker to cover Thommo, but Parkin and Guy are both pretty rubbish TBH.

The thought of Thommo getting injured and being replaced by Guy or Parkin would scare me more than him getting injured and replaced by Reilly.

Just pissed myself laughing......

Guy and Parkin were great goal scoring losses to the club...? GTPS

Parkin managed 2

Guy managed 5 in all comps, and has amassed 1 at Carlisle....

aye prolific as f**k

Don't know where you're getting your stats from, but you've managed to get them both wrong. Guy scored 6 and Parkin scored 3, 9 goals between them, and the majority came at important times. Not bad for a couple of players who spent the majority of the season out the side.

The point is they lightened the load on Thommos shoulders. When the big man needed a rest we had experienced proven strikers on hand to come on in his stead, or to even start games as they did before the cup final. Parkin came on in the final itself because Thompson was tiring badly. Who can we bring on if he's tiring badly on Saturday?

One more goal FOR THIS SEASON and Thommo will have out scored Parkin and Guy combined for all their games with SMFC....

Incorrect sadly.

I am surprised how much the forum is struggling with the idea of having experienced strikers in reserve. Are you suggesting we just go with Thommo and no one else? Because that's what we have just now.

Edited by Lex

Incorrect sadly.

I am surprised how much the forum is struggling with the idea of having experienced strikers in reserve. Are you suggesting we just go with Thommo and no one else? Because that's what we have just now.

You're right that we need good, proven strikers in reserve, but those two weren't. Guy has never had a good scoring record and Parkin was only prolific in his Swindon days. Yes thay did score a few important goals for us, but proven strikers - I don't think so!

You're right that we need good, proven strikers in reserve, but those two weren't. Guy has never had a good scoring record and Parkin was only prolific in his Swindon days. Yes thay did score a few important goals for us, but proven strikers - I don't think so!

The trouble is that most decent proven strikers probably wouldn't want to warm the bench whilst Sir Thommo struts his stuff.

In the short term, if we can get a highly rated youngster on loan and maybe an experienced journeyman striker in January, then that's probably as good as it gets.

6 goals in 20 starts isn't a bad return from Guy. Like i said at the time, i believed we could do better than Guy and Parkin and i was in favour of them leaving the club. The problem has been who we've replaced them with - no one.

We need a target man in January who can deputise for Thommo incase the big man gets injured, suspended or his form drops. It's not going to be easy finding one certainly, but we can't go through the whole season with only him and a couple of kids.

Don't get me wrong, I won't be losing any sleep over Bahoken leaving. However, if you are capped at under-21 for France it would suggest you have some sort of football pedigree.

He had the odd flash that he had ability but on the whole didn't show much. Whether that was our style, the Scottish game or that he didn't give a sh1t, we may never know.

I hear his mate Goncalves isn't getting a game...

I think it's harsh to overlook Thomas Reilly in the striking stakes. He has a great future ahead of him IMO.

Harkins could also play up front if push came to shove.

It's not ideal only having the Hawk as an "experienced" striker but then again we didn't have an experienced goalkeeper at all yet we managed to get a very good one when we had to and that was with the window closed.

Don't get me wrong, I won't be losing any sleep over Bahoken leaving. However, if you are capped at under-21 for France it would suggest you have some sort of football pedigree.

He had the odd flash that he had ability but on the whole didn't show much. Whether that was our style, the Scottish game or that he didn't give a sh1t, we may never know.

I hear his mate Goncalves isn't getting a game...

I've heard that we are keeping all our games against Celtic in the SPFL pre-split until after the window opens so that we can bring Isma back and take all 9 points off them to give our title push a shot in the arm!

I think it's harsh to overlook Thomas Reilly in the striking stakes. He has a great future ahead of him IMO.

Harkins could also play up front if push came to shove.

It's not ideal only having the Hawk as an "experienced" striker but then again we didn't have an experienced goalkeeper at all yet we managed to get a very good one when we had to and that was with the window closed.

Div you should get yourself along to some under 20 games, Reilly not exactly setting the heather on fire at mo, In those games you expect more from a talented player like him, but its not there this season so far.