Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

People suggesting Jeffries or Levein as replacements are deluded...both would delight in our situation and do their utmost to help their big club...Hearts.

What a strange thing to say. Both Jeffries and Levein have recorded several victories over Hearts whilst managing other clubs. Levein is a proven success at this level and i think he'd love to take our job, because he's not going to get a better one. Dundee United, Hearts, and Aberdeen could all have had him this year and all chose not to. Therefore to get back into management he'll need to take a job from a club a step down the rung, and that's a club like us.

Back OT. The squad is in such a mess just now, even when compared with last season. Last year we had Guy and Parkin in reserve in the striking department. Whatever is said about them, they are two experienced strikers with proven goal scoring records at this level. As you'd expect from experienced strikers, both of them chipped in with important goals at important times and both lightened the load on the Hawks shoulders.

Fast forward a few months. Both have been released and Thommo's a year older. Those two experienced proven strikers have been replaced by one inexperienced striker, a punt on a kid from France who (so far) looks nowhere near good enough. How this has been allowed to happen is simply beyond me. I supported the release of Guy and Parkin as i naively believed they would be replaced like for like by other experienced strikers.

Reilly will be a good player but i believe he will develop as a wide player as opposed to a striker. Therefore our striking options at the moment are an out of form ageing Thommo and a kid who has looked so far out of his depth in his minimal game time so far it's frightening.

Compare our bench from our 2-2 game at Fir Park in April to the one yesterday:

• 16 Adam
  • 05 Mair
  • 08 Robertson
  • 11 Carey
  • 19 Parkin
  • 27 Guy
  • 29 J McGinn
  • Dilo
  • 02 van Zanten
  • 05 Mair
  • 07 McGinn
  • 11 McLean
  • 16 Caprice
  • 17 Reilly

On the bench in April we had Carey who can change a game and experienced strikers Parkin and Guy. Ironically Guy came on in that game and scored. Our attacking options yesterday were scarily limited. A couple of defenders, a couple of central mids, and a couple of unproven kids.

The vandalism of our squad over the last few months has been unforgivable, it's no wonder we find ourselves in the current mess we do. Why has this been allowed to happen?

Why so many questions?

Thought you had ALL the answers?

Valid questions that contribute well to the matter under discussion.

Your question and subsequent statement contributes nothing. In this debate you have lost hopelessly with your opening statement. You capitulate easier than a Daniel Lennon picked back four.

Lex has summed up the issues that have led to our footballing freefall quite succinctly.

Our beloved team are in a real mess at the moment. It is a real shame as I genuinely wanted to see Dan the manager man and wee Tommy do well, mostly because I just want my team to do well but additionally because I quite like the pair of them.

As it stands I worry greatly for our immediate future.

Maybe not the correct thread to post this, but if the manager is desperately trying to keep his job and we need a result - when we get a free kick dead centre, 22 yards out, last kick of the ball..... Why the fcuk does Jim Goodwin take his second shite free kick of the game? We had Newton, McLean, Teale and Gowser on the park.

Shambles. Time up.

Maybe not the correct thread to post this, but if the manager is desperately trying to keep his job and we need a result - when we get a free kick dead centre, 22 yards out, last kick of the ball..... Why the fcuk does Jim Goodwin take his second shite free kick of the game? We had Newton, McLean, Teale and Gowser on the park.

Shambles. Time up.

More importantly why didn't Jim just blast the fecking ball as he has a good dig on him instead of a shitey floaty effort

Valid questions that contribute well to the matter under discussion.

Your question and subsequent statement contributes nothing. In this debate you have lost hopelessly with your opening statement. You capitulate easier than a Daniel Lennon picked back four.

Lex has summed up the issues that have led to our footballing freefall quite succinctly.

Our beloved team are in a real mess at the moment. It is a real shame as I genuinely wanted to see Dan the manager man and wee Tommy do well, mostly because I just want my team to do well but additionally because I quite like the pair of them.

As it stands I worry greatly for our immediate future.

You don't half talk some shite.

Thanks for your weary contribution.............................snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

Is Danny on a one year rolling contract from October to October? Might be the reason why he is still here. Also with Kilmarnock being just as bad as us, the board may still be clinging on to the fact that we can go on a wee run, like we did after our losing streak last year.

Not saying its justified, but maybe a reason.

FWIW I was fine with Danny being given til yesterday but now believe his tea is oot.

How many chances does he get. Better Managers than him have had the sack for better results. Its obvious he can't turn it around no matter how hard he tries. If he had feelings for the club like he said he would jack it in. He has a full squad at his disposal and no excuses can be made. Time to go Mr Chairman before Hearts catch us.

Go to the nut house he is talking more and more about himself in the third person!!!

The last person I saw do that a lot was....

Saddam Hussain in his court case.

TediousTom is concerned that his beloved team are in freefall

TediousTom thinks that his beloved team are in a mess and a change of management is needed

TediousTom is sorry that it has not worked our for wee Dan the manager man

TediousTom will be sorry to see him leave

TediousTom thinks however that the time has well and truly come for wee Dan the manager man to move on

TediousTom does not like talking in the third person

TediousTom will not do this again

TediousTom worries for the mental health of people who normally talk like this

TediousTom over and out

There has been a number of people on here, myself included, who have made lighthearted comments about Danny referring to himself in the third person. However Im really beginning to think that he is trying to detach himself from responsibility when he does this. That asks questions regarding his mental and emotional state. Look at the last few saints managers and they all appear to have lost the plot at some point towards the end of their tenure. It would seem the same thing is happening to poor Danny. Time to get help wee man and surrender the reins before it's too late. I personally hate to see anyone become unwell through the stress of work.

The dismantling of the squad in the summer seemed like a good idea at the time but we simply didn't address the issues it left behind and we're still suffering as a result.

We let an experience keeper to and replaced him with an untried kid. Fail.

We replaced our own loan left back with Grainger. I thought that was a good deal. Not Lennon's fault he's playing poorly.

We allowed two left sided midfielders (Carey/Imrie) move on and still haven't replaced them. Fail.

Two strikers left and have been replaced with a panic buy, untried kid from France. Fail.

We brought in Harkins when we patently didn't need him and could've spent the money elsewhere. Fail.

We brought in Caprice. (See above) Fail.

We brought back Newton. Good deal.

We didn't address the right back position, or centre back which has been an Achilles heel for some time and, even now, the striking options are limited despite having months to sort the problem.

The real question I've got here is who is accountable for that? If Lennon has identified targets and the club couldn't close the deals then I'm willing to cut him some slack. If the budget has been slashed significantly to the point where we simply couldn't afford more players then I'm willing to cut him some slack. However, if he hasn't spent all his budget and this is on him then he should be held accountable for the mess we're in right now and dismissed.

If it's not on Lennon then the right thing for the BOD to do would be to come out and say so as otherwise they are selling him down the river.

We finished last season with the nucleus of a good squad and that has not been built upon at all leaving us in an almighty mess. The table doesn't lie. We are the worst team in the league right now and unless something changes we are almost a certainty to be in a play off, or worse, at the end of the season.

Perhaps the most concerning stat of all today is the home support. It was down 855 from the Thistle game a fortnight ago. That's an astonishing drop of 21%.

That means the club is thousands of pounds out of pocket due to lack of support. Those people who said they wouldn't be back till Lennon goes really are voting with their feet, and its hitting the football club square in the finances.

How much longer? How many more thousands will he cost the club?

Up to you BoD.

I think if anything happens this week its very much this statistic that will be cause off it. If thats about 15 grand of missing fans in one week, it doesnt take a huge amount of persuading to the board that even paying off the manager would pay back pretty quickly if someone turned it about.

I still think he should get to the end of 11 games and then decide - as it stands with killie and county having almost as bad starts as us then there is not the same pressure as there would be if we were stranded at the bottom.

The dismantling of the squad in the summer seemed like a good idea at the time but we simply didn't address the issues it left behind and we're still suffering as a result.

We let an experience keeper to and replaced him with an untried kid. Fail.

We replaced our own loan left back with Grainger. I thought that was a good deal. Not Lennon's fault he's playing poorly.

We allowed two left sided midfielders (Carey/Imrie) move on and still haven't replaced them. Fail.

Two strikers left and have been replaced with a panic buy, untried kid from France. Fail.

We brought in Harkins when we patently didn't need him and could've spent the money elsewhere. Fail.

We brought in Caprice. (See above) Fail.

We brought back Newton. Good deal.

We didn't address the right back position, or centre back which has been an Achilles heel for some time and, even now, the striking options are limited despite having months to sort the problem.

The real question I've got here is who is accountable for that? If Lennon has identified targets and the club couldn't close the deals then I'm willing to cut him some slack. If the budget has been slashed significantly to the point where we simply couldn't afford more players then I'm willing to cut him some slack. However, if he hasn't spent all his budget and this is on him then he should be held accountable for the mess we're in right now and dismissed.

If it's not on Lennon then the right thing for the BOD to do would be to come out and say so as otherwise they are selling him down the river.

We finished last season with the nucleus of a good squad and that has not been built upon at all leaving us in an almighty mess. The table doesn't lie. We are the worst team in the league right now and unless something changes we are almost a certainty to be in a play off, or worse, at the end of the season.

I actually quite like Cornell...cant say that I've noticed a drop in quality from Samson.

But I do agree with you about accountability.

I think everyone can agree that there is no way Danny has full control over our transfer policy. In fact in many prior seasons the praise has went to the others involved in these deals and not Danny himself ie Teale, Isma, Newton, Dummett

We clearly have an imbalanced squad, and questions have to be asked as to how that happened. If Danny really went to the board at the end of the season with a shopping list of only Cornell, Dillo, Grainger and Harkins, why did nobody pull him aside and say "no strikers, no left wingers, no centre halfs, we suggest you rethink this!". I find it had to believe that's the case.

I think its far more likely that players were released with the expectation of replacements, which then fell through. Again you have to ask why? I refuse to believe Danny has free reign to do what he wants in negotiations, and should shoulder all the blame. Others must have been involved in these deals after Danny had identified the targets.

Regardless of who the manager is, if we as a club line up signings, sanction the release of 4 under contract players, then fail to secure our own deals we have big problems behind the scenes, above and beyond Danny Lennon.