Dannys Contract Renewal

BREAKING NEWS! Danny's contract will not be renewed and he is aware of this! His replacement is lined up and has agreed terms in principle, it's none other than Big Maxy himself Ian Maxwell!!! On top of that the club is very close to being sold and we will have a complete change from top to bottom by the start of pre season. Exciting times ahead my buddie friends!

Note due to ECHR and The Human Rights Act Article 8 I cannot reveal my source!

Step away from the bong!

'no one is bigger critic of Danny Lennon than Danny Lennon' . says Danny Lennon. No one is a bigger twat says I.

I'd rather have one Danny Lennon than five of you.

The man displays class and dignity in quantities which you can't even begin to grasp and will leave our club a hero in the summer.

I wonder how history will view your contribution to the world?

BREAKING NEWS! Danny's contract will not be renewed and he is aware of this! His replacement is lined up and has agreed terms in principle, it's none other than Big Maxy himself Ian Maxwell!!! On top of that the club is very close to being sold and we will have a complete change from top to bottom by the start of pre season. Exciting times ahead my buddie friends!

You're funny.

Note due to ECHR and The Human Rights Act Article 8 I cannot reveal my sauce, ok it's Jack Daniels.. " hic "

Fixed shuriken.gif

You need to stop smoking the waccy baccy

Decent effort. Not quite there though.

So the club is "nearly" sold with changes from top to bottom. Yet the old board are going to appoint a new untried manager. Eh aye ok.

even if this is even close to being remotely true i for one will NOT be excited i will be bricking it whoever if and when we do get new owners

the first 6 to 12 months will be scary as hell constantly wondering if the new owners will be washing our club down the pan

That was my first words when i was told! The new owner/s have approved the appointment of Maxwell! This shouldn't surprise any St Mirren fan as we have a history of going for the cheap option which in the past has worked (T.Hendrie) and failed (Coughlin).

Hmm....

Who told you this, and have been been taking your medication as prescribed?

People should be careful what they wish for. It's the easiest thing to sit and type wishes/demands/abuse in an online forum ( most of which wouldn't dare be done face to face by many) but for those wishing the new owners 'splash the cash' that could be catastrophic for a well run , generally prudent club like ours living within it's means.

Mr Gilmour and the board are the very reason we have the club and facilities that we currently have which will be their lasting legacy.

We have a limited fanbase domestically , limited resources , limited business potential.

What we need is a Saints supporting owner , who in real terms will be giving us pretty much the same as we are being served up now.

New owners could equal new problems.

The new owners prefer Alex Rae.

My sources tell me that they are in advanced discussions with Robbie Winters' people with a view to him replacing Kenny McLean in the squad.

Charlie Miller rumours, however, appear to be fanciful at best.

Anyone who thinks new owners will splash cash must be "NUTS" and a dreamer ! SG has said on numerous occasions the club will only be sold to safe hands. The board have had three offers and nocked them back as they were seen as NOT SAFE HANDS. So think it will be a case of balance the books while trying to keep the club in the top flight of football. Personally it will be a very sad day to see the cure t boArd stand down what they have archived is nothing short of remarkable

Anyone who thinks new owners will splash cash must be "NUTS" and a dreamer ! SG has said on numerous occasions the club will only be sold to safe hands. The board have had three offers and nocked them back as they were seen as NOT SAFE HANDS. So think it will be a case of balance the books while trying to keep the club in the top flight of football. Personally it will be a very sad day to see the cure t boArd stand down what they have archived is nothing short of remarkable

The only remarkable thing is the lack of ambition by the current board.

Poor funding of the manager season after season meaning weakened squads and allowing similar sized clubs to outbid us for players eg Rankin, Harte.

A decent investment this season would in my opinion have taken us up the league challenging for europe and bringing larger crowds and income.

We have not played a competitve game in europe since 1987 which for a town the size of Paisley in a league of as poor quality as ours is a disgrace.

This season we were the cup holders and had a great opportunity to use this as a springboard to promote the club and progress.but alas the failure to invest has seen us again languishing at the bottom of the worst league for years.

safe hands indeed

The only remarkable thing is the lack of ambition by the current board.

Poor funding of the manager season after season meaning weakened squads and allowing similar sized clubs to outbid us for players eg Rankin, Harte.

A decent investment this season would in my opinion have taken us up the league challenging for europe and bringing larger crowds and income.

We have not played a competitve game in europe since 1987 which for a town the size of Paisley in a league of as poor quality as ours is a disgrace.

This season we were the cup holders and had a great opportunity to use this as a springboard to promote the club and progress.but alas the failure to invest has seen us again languishing at the bottom of the worst league for years.

safe hands indeed

Do you genuinely believe that the clubs who 'outbid' us for Rankin and Harte are similarly sized?

Another issue I'd take with what you say is your contention that the BoD have given managers 'poor funding'. What are you basing this on? Your expectations, or an informed analysis of revenue and expenditure streams?

I'm not trying to pick a fight here, by the way. Nor am I an apologist for the current BoD - far from it - but I think a degree of perspective and realism is required.

Edited by Drew

Do you genuinely believe that the clubs who 'outbid' us for Rankin and Harte are similarly sized?

Another issue I'd take with what you say is your contention that the BoD have given managers 'poor funding'. What are you basing this on? Your expectations, or an informed analysis of revenue and expenditure streams?

I'm not trying to pick a fight here, by the way. Nor am I an apologist for the current BoD - far from it - but I think a degree of perspective and realism is required.

Exactly as without these figures it's an easy statement to throw into the mix.

Suppose it's a fine line, invest with no guarantee that you will earn extra to justify the investment because you won't make much more though attendances, it would have to be through winning a cup or a high league position, both of which are difficult to achieve.

We just have to learn to live with it, get the odd “decent” season and survive as getting into debt isn’t a route we want to take............................although winning hundred of games would be fun, wouldn’t it? thumbup2.gif