Hibernian V St Mirren 18/1/2014

faraway saint

The Hibs goals weren't well worked at all though, it was school boy defending from us. Leaving someone with that much space in the box is shocking, yet we seem to be guilty of it most weeks, we fail to make it difficult for the opposition when defending such plays, our tactic is hope that the ball goes near Thompson.

It's no wonder that our goal difference is standing at -15, when we have failed to address a constant weakness. It's almost as if we don't bother practicing set-pieces, attacking or defending.

Read the whole post carefully.

Dearie me. bye1.gif

Just finished reading this wonderful thread .

Brilliant performance by the Team yesterday by the sound of it.

Looking forward to sitting down with a Curry tonight to watch Sportscene.

Cannae wait for next week, bring on the Jags !

Dundee Unt Win

Killie/Hearts

THIS ^

Make it count

What it meant was After a great and slightly unexpected 3 pts v Utd we then put in 2 poor performances losing 5 points to teams we'd realistically hope to get something more.

No point winning at Easter Road if we don't now follow up with a win v Thistle.

Edited by WirralSaint

Goodys booking looked soft, looked like he just tried to hold the player off.

All 3 goals were sexy. Brilliant football from us. Adam Campbell is a great signing, fast as f**k and his finishing is sharp.

Our first goal was Goodwins fault, he totally left his man and gave him a free header. Newton comes off the near post and almost gets there.

2nd McGregor plays everyone onside.

But, 3 points is 3 points and it's a brilliant result.

McGregor plays people onside every week , his pace recovers a lot, makes him look good ,but its him that caises the problem in the first place

There is a tendency from some to focus on the 2 goals we lost.blink.png

Obviously these can't be discounted but the first half performance seems to be getting pushed to the background, strange eh? whistling.gif

Saints are the kind of team that usually do well when they score first . The team have proven that they don't usually comeback from behind to win a game but if we can get the goals first. .9iRimL5.gif

All things considered , that was a fantastic result yesterday and yes , Butcher is a shite manager. . 1eye.gif

Saints are the kind of team that usually do well when they score first . The team have proven that they don't usually comeback from behind to win a game but if we can get the goals first. .9iRimL5.gif

All things considered , that was a fantastic result yesterday and yes , Butcher is a shite manager. . 1eye.gif

Why do people say Butcher is a shite manager when he's clearly not? Now if you said DL I might of agreed with you. All about opinions.

Well done Buds!Yet another manager bleating about how bad their team was, after being outplayed by The Buddies.As much as I like Darren McGregor, he will need to stop dropping back 2 or 3 yeards behind the defensive line when crosses come in. Hibs would have had three men offside at their second goal if Darren had kept the line. He did it on other crosses during the game and at Killie

I don't think anyone would have been offside for Hibs, it was Thommo who headered the ball. Therefore they would all be onside.

I don't think anyone would have been offside for Hibs, it was Thommo who headered the ball. Therefore they would all be onside.

Good point. Obviously not on the Peroni today.

It is an example of how McGregor plays though, he had no idea who was winning that header when he dropped deep.

Indeed.

For people who profess to "support" the club, they just can't wait to slabber their inane drivel, win, lose or draw.

I don't buy that , and I'm surprised so many do. General concern in the week to week happenings at the club , particularly with what's been going on on the pitch for most of this season is just an alternative type of support to the shallow and inane happy clappers.

Who gives a f**k if we don't have a player in the team of the day? We won, Hibs lost. The opinion of a Sunday Mail journo doesn't carry any actual weight. Out of interest, did he mention Goodwin in his match report?

Team of the day makes no sense anyway. Unless the same person has watched all 90 minutes in every game then I don't give two shiney shites who is selected for the team of the day because there is no set criteria. How can they choose any one player for a position over any other without the same person compiling the team watching all of the games?

Pointless shite.

Edited by Lanarkshire_Bud

Who gives a f**k if we don't have a player in the team of the day? We won, Hibs lost. The opinion of a Sunday Mail journo doesn't carry any actual weight. Out of interest, did he mention Goodwin in his match report?

Team of the day makes no sense anyeay. Unless the same person has matched all 90 minutes in every game then I don't give two shiney shites who is selected for the team of the day because there is no set criteria. How can they choose any one player for a position over any other without the same person compiling the team watching all of the games?

Pointless shite.

Agreed, now go lie down in a dark room for an hour or two. :)

Team of the day makes no sense anyway. Unless the same person has watched all 90 minutes in every game then I don't give two shiney shites who is selected for the team of the day because there is no set criteria. How can they choose any one player for a position over any other without the same person compiling the team watching all of the games?

Pointless shite.

^^^^ This! Big time. Means hee-haw what some 'ersepiece journo' makes up off the top of their head in between supping their Bovril and munching another bite of mince pie.

In regard to our defensive performance for their goals, I think Hibs first one is a belter - cross whipped in at pace and a bullet header. If we'd scored that with Campbell crossing for Thommo' we'd be salivating over it. I would credit Hibs for a good goal, rather than be too hard on our defence.

Edited by pozbaird

^^^^ This! Big time. Means hee-haw what some 'ersepiece journo' makes up off the top of their head in between supping their Bovril and munching another bite of mince pie.

In regard to our defensive performance for their goals, I think Hibs first one is a belter - cross whipped in at pace and a bullet header. If we'd scored that with Campbell crossing for Thommo' we'd be salivating over it. I would credit Hibs for a good goal, rather than be too hard on our defence.

were you at the game poz? how did wylde play?

were you at the game poz? how did wylde play?

Wasn't at the game - was in bed suffering from a shoulder injury, propped up with pillows, ice pack applied, and drugged up to the eyeballs with painkillers, anti-imflammatory tablets, and the radio on.

Fcuking onset of old age. Falling apart at the seams!