St Mirren V Inverness Caledonian Thistle Scottish Cup 29/11/14

shull

I'm still not going , even if Thommo , Osbourne and McGinn are back tomorrow John's the only one who has played recently , Thommo and Ossy have been out longer term and there is no chance they will be near match fitness i would rather give them 15 or 20 mins and not risk any chance of recurrence , the league should be our main concern .

I'm still not going , even if Thommo , Osbourne and McGinn are back tomorrow John's the only one who has played recently , Thommo and Ossy have been out longer term and there is no chance they will be near match fitness i would rather give them 15 or 20 mins and not risk any chance of recurrence , the league should be our main concern .

The Scottish Cup is something special a one off. The league is important however the cup is something that can be built on if we get a result.

A club with a low budget such as Saints can ill afford it's hard core fans staying away from home games. It's a personal choice of course

Hopefully the players can put the league to one side, treat it as a one off game and just go for it. We may be shite, I may want the manager to bugger off, but I'm still going to sit there wanting a win.

I understand the reasons for those not going, but I can't bring myself to stay away. COYS.

The Scottish Cup is something special a one off. The league is important however the cup is something that can be built on if we get a result.

A club with a low budget such as Saints can ill afford it's hard core fans staying away from home games. It's a personal choice of course

Thats may be the case mate but at the same time if you go to a restaurant every couple of weeks and the food becomes unappealing ,Do you still go and keep paying the money? or Do you decide your not going and keep your money and find something else to spend it on?.

Thats may be the case mate but at the same time if you go to a restaurant every couple of weeks and the food becomes unappealing ,Do you still go and keep paying the money? or Do you decide your not going and keep your money and find something else to spend it on?.

I know you are a die hard fan and as such would love you to attend the game.

The club is a relationship that grows into your heart that's the difference. You are frustrated and hurting like many but at the end of the day St Mirren is above Tommy Craig or anyone else for that matter. It's a Renfrewshire Institution which needs all of us.

The club is a relationship that grows into your heart that's the difference. You are frustrated and hurting like many but at the end of the day St Mirren is above Tommy Craig or anyone else for that matter. It's a Renfrewshire Institution which needs all of us.

I could name many another Institution in which you should all be incarcerated...

A club with a low budget such as Saints can ill afford it's hard core fans staying away from home games.

We don't budget for income from cup games and part of the income goes to ICT who spend it more wisely than us!!!!

its a private company limited by shares :-(

Never missed a cup tie for years but wont be anywhere near the ground until Craig is despatched. In addition to his incompetence and disregard for Scottish football by assuming non league and reserve untried players are good enough for Saints, it appears he also holds our fans in contempt. Bet he wouldnt get away with it at his beloved Celtic. Lol I notice they were taught a lesson last night.

I will be amazed if we win tomorrow but even if we do, there should be no stay of execution.

I fully understand the disillusionment and apathy of other supporters. This post is not intended to be a rallying call. Just how I feel about this game and our club.

Today I bought a ticket for the game. I told the ticket lady that no one individual is bigger than the club, and even though I disagreed with the management appointments, it should not stop me supporting the team. She gave a wry smile.

Staff in the office are as important as the manager. They will be the first to lose their jobs if we go down.

Team needs support. Club will still be there long after TC and JG have left this club.

Both those individuals have dragged St Mirren down in my opinion. I specifically raise the discipline record of JG with BoD last night, and by all accounts he was severely reprimanded and warned of his future conduct.... Whatever that means these days.

In 1987 and 2013 the cup wins papered over the all too evident cracks. Both wins should have allowed reinvestment and rebuilding of the team. Relegation followed the 87 win. Will history repeat itself?

However maybe a run in the SC this year will lift the doom and gloom.

I'm desperately trying to be positive....but nothing TC said last night made any difference to most of those present. He went further down in my estimations.

Lennon and McPherson had their faults, but when they spoke and explained their decisions they were at least believable.

I used to wonder why TC never came out and spoke to media after games to give Lennon a break when we went on losing streaks. Now I know why.

As ever.....

COYS!

TC never appeared after a game because he was too busy upstairs with the board of directors.

I can just imagine these scenarios:

After a loss or a draw - 'listen Mr Gilmour we would have won that if only Danny had listened to my ideas for once'

After a win - ' at last Danny listened to me, we would be winning like that every week if I was picking the team'

No doubt other converstations too, like ' Brian - before you go did I tell that your boy will be captain of Scotland one day?'

and 'I'll save you a fortune on the wage bill due to my superior talent spotting skills identifying monkeys, I mean players, that will play for peanuts'

and so on ...

We budget for one game in each of the cups albeit that the revenue is split.

That wasn't my understanding.

What happens if we get drawn away from home against someone like Albion Rovers and knocked out on our first match... unlikely as that scenario may seem!!!!?

Edited by BuddieinEK

My team; Kello

Nsismith McAusland Tesselar Kelly

. Osbourne

. Teale McLean McGinn Marwood

Thompson

Would go with a similar team, but maybe not start Thommo. We need him fit for the long run, so we should ease him back into it.

Off the bench with a last minute winner would do.

Can't see Kello, Teale or Thompson starting. I imagine and hope we will look something like:

Ridgers

Naismith

McAusland

Tesselaar

Kelly

Drury

Osbourne

McLean

McGinn

Caldwell

Ball

Although, who knows. Perhaps Mallan and/or Baird will retain their place. Perhaps he will start Thommo from nowhere in a cup game, again. I'd certainly hope he's learned his lesson on that one.