St Mirren V Kilmarnock Premiership 25/4/15

shull

Full time Saints 4-1 Killie

Again, a fair score line. An easy win for us. Not sure if we were really good or Killie were really bad, I suspect it was a bit both.

Killie reminded me of the Hibs team that came here this time last year with a big support. A pretty disgraceful performance from them all in all, Pasquale in particular. How past it is he? :lol:

Before the Motherwell game last night I thought we'd be relegated today. I thought they'd win and we'd lose and it would be goodnight Vienna.... Now instead of the 13 point gap I anticipated it's 7 points with 4 games to go, if we could get that to 4 next week things could get a little interesting.

But anyway, so many positives from us today. That was Kelly's best game in a Saints jersey. For some reason he's been singled out for abuse on this forum recently ( by one poster in particular, who I suspect we won't see post tonight ) but he was immense today. 3 goals and 2 assists for him now this season, not bad for a defender who hasn't played many minutes. Also thought Reilly and Baird were excellent.

We almost certainly will go down but a few more performances like that and we will go down with a bit of fight and momentum behind us.

good grief, all the Saturdays this season we hoped, craved and desired a win and performance like that, all the times I went out running and hoped to come back to us leading or even scoring a goal and just NOTHING......and there it is today....most probably far too late but nice to get it though....very nice.

It's the Motherwell collapse that's intriguing me most.

Their last two games were Thistle and Accies, I thought they'd get 4 points minimum from those 2 games and our results would be irrelevant. They got zero.

They've got County next week and we are at Thistle, a ground we've already won at twice this season.

If that gap goes to 4...

Outstanding performance especially from our young players, Mallam, Reilly, Baird, Sadlier, all outstanding even Greg Wylde had a brill game, his best in a Saints shirt, But Sean Kelly take a bow young man absolutely superb, Playing in his natural position he was easily the man of the match, But today no negatives, And special mention to THE LEGEND STEVEN THOMPSON 51 goals for ST,MIRREN, ,

Cannot believe how easy that was. Just as well Killie have points on the board as their defence is woeful. First half we should have easily been 3 or four up. Thommo right through and falls down when it looked easier to score and Wylde (true!) hits two crosses across the face of the goal with one being hit away for a corner with Samson beaten. Killie better in second half but we still should have had another penalty and Malln (?) crashed a shot off the bar in the last minute.

Well done everyone but special praise to Kelly and Baird who were immense and our back four looked the strongest it has been all season. Tess and Naismeith were also great as was Mallan but they all had pass marks today - even Wylde!

Edited by Sonny

From my grandson, and myself, THANK YOU TO ALL THE PLAYERS!

They did what I asked. They gave what I pleaded. Everyone of them to a man left that pitch victorious and shattered.

What a shame that fight, determination and skill wasn't apparent in the last two fixtures in particular.

We thoroughly deserved the margin of the win today,]. There was a gulf between the sides and it was the very opposite from what myself and many on here expected.

More of the same and we might yet give Murderwell's fans a fright if they aren't already "kackin' it"!!!!

Great shift from the team today. Kelly was immense, Mallan had a great game disrupted Killie at every turn & sadlier ran himself into the ground. I thought Reilly had a good game too, i have been critical of him elsewhere on the forum but today he deserved praise.

Very poor Killie team but lets not take anything away from the lads today . Well done.

Well, I mocked the notion of attending the game today. More fool me (again....). That matters little, though, and hopefully that win is a sign of some pride and passion being restored at the club. Of course it is now too late to save us, but, on the day, the players could have done little else.

I'm also glad for all those who went along today. Fair play to you, and I trust you will enjoy your evening.

Brilliant from us today however my good mood is tinged with annoyance at the players not playing like that in either of the last two games. If they had done that we'd have a fighting chance of staying up.

I felt before hand we'd start to close the gap to Motherwell over the next few games. We've been on the other end of it before with the likes of Dundee, Hamilton and Dunfermline suddenly inching but ultimately finishing bottom. This season we're the ones doing the chasing and ultimately I think we'll see the same - a few good results but ultimately we'll come up short.

That annoyance aside it was a great performance from us and a shocking one from Killie. Can't believe folk wanted us to appoint Locke - and they gave him a three year deal :lol: Kelly was superb for us and Baird did well alongside him, one of Wylde's better games and no real failures.

We're going down but at least we had one more moment of joy - like a dying man who just wants to see the sun come up one last time.

Well that was enjoyable, well done boys.

Special praise to Sean Kelly who's had a difficult season, he was outstanding at centre half today. Man of the match just ahead of Mallan IMO.

Well deserved 3 points.

Edited by davidg