John Mcginn - Out Of Contract, Away, Farewell, Jacks Grandson Thread.

Nothing about McGinn but....

Connor Newton signs for Cambridge United.

Adam Drury looks like he'll get a deal at Leeds and Callum Ball is on trial at Blackpool yet Conor ends up in League Two. Ridiculous.

Probably says more about the shambles at Leeds and Blackpool.

Agreed, pretty shocked that Connor couldn't find a better club than Cambridge.

The manager at Cambridge used to be the unders coach at Newcastle. One of Connor's former team mates at Newcastle is also at the club . Seems that made it an easier decision to go there, plus he will stand out at that level and wont be taking a massive drop in wages i would imagine.

The manager at Cambridge used to be the unders coach at Newcastle. One of Connor's former team mates at Newcastle is also at the club . Seems that made it an easier decision to go there, plus he will stand out at that level and wont be taking a massive drop in wages i would imagine.

Wondered if that was the case, seem to remember in the BBC preview stuff before Cambridge played Man United last season there was a group of the players living in one big house and at least one (might have been Ryan Donaldson) was ex Newcastle United.

On a similar note (ginger former Newcastle loaness) I see Adam Campbell has ended up at Notts County.