Last Game Of The Season Vs Rangers

div

As you seem interested in what Buddies think, div....

Why not correct the heading for this thread to the truth? The final match will NOT be against Rangers.

I realise you don't want to hurt the feelings of sevco fans who are already being lied to by the mainstream Scottish media, the SFA and the SPFL that their team has somehow survived, but how about not lying to us?

This is a new team, cheated into the fourth division despite the alleged rules. It is not operating, and has not operated, on any sort of Financial Fair Play basis whilst it waddled unsteadily through the leagues.

Don't you think that we, Buddies, deserve some sort of honesty amongst ourselves?

Edited by bluto

Why not correct the heading for this thread to the truth? The final match will NOT be against Rangers.

I realise you don't want to hurt the feelings of of sevco fans who are already being lied to by the mainstream Scottish media, the SFA and theSPFL that their team has somehow survived, but how about not lying to us?

This is a new team, cheated into the fourth division despite the alleged rules. It is not operating, and has not operated, on any sort of Financial Fair Play basis whilst it waddled unsteadily through the leagues.

Don't you think that we, Buddies, deserve some sort of honesty amongst ourselves?

Yeah, I find that whole naming argument thing unbelievably tedious so you can count me out of that one I'm afraid.

The official SPFL league table shows them as being called Rangers, and whether or not that is right or not right, I honestly couldn't care less.

I realise you don't want to hurt the feelings of of sevco fans who are already being lied to by the mainstream Scottish media, the SFA and theSPFL that their team has somehow survived, but how about not lying to us?

^^^^^^^^^^^

Relentless quest, quite the Knight for truth and justice. I just wish the kinda settlement you are looking for was universally backed. Sadly , just like the sports bulletins tonight, all this country's journo hacks and administrators are interested in is re uniting two Glasgow clubs in a head to head rivalry.

That, frankly , is what I find tedious tbh. It just drives me away from the Scottish football scene altogether, it is unbelievably parochial.

So it could be a relegation decider then?

I think the standard penalty under the SPFL rules is a 15 point deduction for a club going into administration? Not sure if The Rangers would get an additional Dundee-style penalty for it being a second offence (if you take the view they are the same club rather than a new club). So, I'm guessing if they did go into admin this season they would still be well placed for a play off place behind Falkirk and Hibs.

If my talk of Rangers in administration seems far fetched, it would seem the company providing wifi at Ibrox Stadium have a court case against Rangers at Glasgow Sheriff Court seeking to arrest money from the club for non-payment of their bills:

https://johnjamessite.wordpress.com/2016/01/11/wifi-woes/

http://www.scotzine.com/2016/01/rangers-rival-andy-murray-with-court-time-as-wi-fi-company-takes-action/

Perhaps by the time this game is played TRFC will have been deducted points and their fans will be back to boycotting other clubs and marching to the SFA again :-)

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Totally agree.

If we had the truth then it could have been a new dawn for Scottish football. It could have been a new dawn for Scottish society.

Its more than just a naming debate. Indeed, that is just the very tip of the iceberg.

Unfortunately, most do not care.

They are therefore stuck with the same old and a Scottish football whose basis is defined by bigotry, sectarianism, hatred, violence and cheating.

With all these types of initiatives (giving big opposition supports seating in the West Stand, the Sellic signage scandal etc), we're told that the money will be very useful, it'll help bring in more and possibly better quality players blah blab blah.....

That's all fine in theory, but we've been watching garbage on the park for the past couple of years and there will be lots of fans thinking hard about buying a season ticket for next season - I know that I will be. The money is obviously helpful to the club but I'm not sure that I've ever seen overt signs of the benefits of these initiatives.

If Rangers do have something important hanging on the last game of the season The BoD would have to have a very hard think about what they do, as pissing fans off even more on the last day of the season is unlikely to be a wise move when you've got season tickets to sell.

PS I'm ok to call them Rangers, but in footballing terms, it's clear that they weren't relegated as a punishment, they had to reapply to join the SPFL. That only happens when a club has ceased to exist. Therefore, they are a new club!

If my talk of Rangers in administration seems far fetched, it would seem the company providing wifi at Ibrox Stadium have a court case against Rangers at Glasgow Sheriff Court seeking to arrest money from the club for non-payment of their bills:

https://johnjamessite.wordpress.com/2016/01/11/wifi-woes/

http://www.scotzine.com/2016/01/rangers-rival-andy-murray-with-court-time-as-wi-fi-company-takes-action/

Perhaps by the time this game is played TRFC will have been deducted points and their fans will be back to boycotting other clubs and marching to the SFA again :-)

Yes, things are still, bubbling away , so to speak. I have no doubt that they will lucky to make the end of the season . .

As for the wifi company taking them to court, I'm just surprised that anyone is willing to do business with them given their track record. I think there was a time when one company would always check another companies credit rating before a business transaction took place. .

Totally agree.

If we had the truth then it could have been a new dawn for Scottish football. It could have been a new dawn for Scottish society.

Its more than just a naming debate. Indeed, that is just the very tip of the iceberg.

Unfortunately, most do not care.

They are therefore stuck with the same old and a Scottish football whose basis is defined by bigotry, sectarianism, hatred, violence and cheating.

It was a new dawn for Scottish football. It wiped out debt at most lower league sides and it's set them up for years to come. Bigotry, prejudice and hatred in Scotland wouldn't go away if "Rangers" / Sevco or whatever you want to call them goes away. We can see that clearly from the hordes of ant English SNP voters we have in this country

It was a new dawn for Scottish football. It wiped out debt at most lower league sides and it's set them up for years to come. Bigotry, prejudice and hatred in Scotland wouldn't go away if "Rangers" / Sevco or whatever you want to call them goes away. We can see that clearly from the hordes of ant English SNP voters we have in this country

Sevco fan screaming out of you

It hasnt wiped out debt for the main protagonist!

Unless you live on planet Zog you cant fail to notice that they are borrowing way beyond their means again. As a spokesman for fairness in football, how do you square the circle you have drawn around yourself above?

What ? A couple of league games against the new club in front of a few thousand fans each time has set these clubs up for "years to come" - you have to be joking !

Go tell that to the boards of Clyde or Brechin who are both publicly bemoaning their current financial plight and those are just the two to do it openly. That money will have cleared debts and possibly set these clubs up for a season or two at the most so not exactly the bright new dawn by the saviours of Scottish football you describe. Rangers have done more harm to the Scottish game in the last 10 years than they will ever fix in the next 50. As was stated in the posts before your sounds like a post lifted straight from the rangers media forums !

I think overall it's a good point, the club would benefit for extra cash, however, do we want our stadium polluted with the blue vermin... Probably not!

I decided after the opening night of the season that I would return to Ibrox and listen to their fans spout their pish. Wether or not we give them extra seats they will still sing those songs... Not really sure what the "right" thing to do would be.

Why the debate

Do what we always do

Sevco fans will be in our stands no matter what

We don't make it hard for them to do so.

Down in England if an away team sell out their allocation

Any fan wanting a ticket for the home end have to be in the data base to get a ticket

Doesn't happen here

If the premiership had stadiums as empty as ours I'm sure that would all change. We are a business but fans think from the heart rather than getting cash in when we could do with extra cash for the playing side. That said I respect different opinions in this as supporting a team is a emotional realshinship.

If the premiership had stadiums as empty as ours I'm sure that would all change. We are a business but fans think from the heart rather than getting cash in when we could do with extra cash for the playing side. That said I respect different opinions in this as supporting a team is a emotional realshinship.

The ground i was at was empty as ours in the home end

Wigan v Middlesbourgh

I had to get the programme seller to get me a ticket

He was also a Saints fan that helped

Seems there a few due to the friendly we played there back a few years ago

As others have said, if this is a meaningless game for us and if they are going to win the league and celebrate at our stadium I for one wouldn't want to be anywhere near the place. Give them as many seats as we can at £30 a pop and make a few bob. It would help soften the blow.

The alternative of giving them their usual allocation seems daft for the following reasons.

1. We would lose the chance to earn a few needed pounds.

2. They would be celebrating anyhow and it would be just as pain without gain.

3. There could be a safety issue in that they would buy tickets for our end and cause chaos.

I don't care, I really don't.

If I ever get to see a home win for the not insignificant amount of money I spent on my season ticket then my interest level's may alter but until that time I couldn't give a flying LordPityMe about this.

It is January, we have not won at home in the league (and it's only 2nd tier football now) so I really don't care. Care not do I indeed.

If we made enough money to buy an extra player then I'd take their money, if i didn't have a season ticket i wouldn't go. To sit and listen to the bigoted bile gives me the dry boak... the rare victories against the bigot brothers are the only thing that makes it worth going.