Welcome Jack Ross

That's a few moments of my life il never get back! Watching JR traning session seemed to me to be a bunch of highly paid sportsmen half heartily doing passive stretches - and half pace shuttle runs.

then we move on to the technical skill section which involved a short shuttle pass - switch feet - and change direction of the ball - I reckon that's about page 8 of the shit coaches lazy drills manual ( if our professional players need coaching on using both feet and passing the ball on quickly no wonder Scottish football is fxxked)

come on Jack - raise the bar - increase the tempo and skill level - get some 5v3 high intensity keep ball going - mini games exploiting opponents territory - conditioned drills taking players out of their comfort zone and widening their understanding of the different roles on the pitch - FFS even a simple pass and move where you have to name the player you pass to to develop communication.

Jack - we are pinning our hopes on you - we want an improved product on the park and a training session from the 1970's doesn't cut it!

That's a few moments of my life il never get back! Watching JR traning session seemed to me to be a bunch of highly paid sportsmen half heartily doing passive stretches - and half pace shuttle runs.

then we move on to the technical skill section which involved a short shuttle pass - switch feet - and change direction of the ball - I reckon that's about page 8 of the shit coaches lazy drills manual ( if our professional players need coaching on using both feet and passing the ball on quickly no wonder Scottish football is fxxked)

come on Jack - raise the bar - increase the tempo and skill level - get some 5v3 high intensity keep ball going - mini games exploiting opponents territory - conditioned drills taking players out of their comfort zone and widening their understanding of the different roles on the pitch - FFS even a simple pass and move where you have to name the player you pass to to develop communication.

Jack - we are pinning our hopes on you - we want an improved product on the park and a training session from the 1970's doesn't cut it!

A team is never going to reveal its complete training methods on camera, that would just be silly in terms of having other teams spy on the club methods.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Bud said:

Stevie Mallan says in his interview on the OS that JR had the squad doing new things during training, so presumably Alex Rae's approach was from the 1950s.

FFS!

2 hours ago, Liverpool Bud said:

Didn't realise we'd seen the entire days training there.

Jesus, total luxury for footballers these days, into Ralston for 3 mins then home. 

1 hour ago, kevo_smfc said:

A team is never going to reveal its complete training methods on camera, that would just be silly in terms of having other teams spy on the club methods.

That would explain why we've been playing lousy, wouldn't want the opposition seeing how well we really play. :whistle

3 hours ago, Liverpool Bud said:

In fairness Liverpool Bud, when you take over a football team that are bottom of the league, low on confidence and struggling to play cohesive football, the right place to start is with the basics.

21 hours ago, Liverpool Bud said:

Spot on - we'll get nowhere if we're only having 3 minute training sessions. Bloody modern training methods!!!

Edited by Soctty