Jump to content

Eric Arthur Blair

St. Mirren v Sunderland, friendly 21/7/18

Recommended Posts

Apart from talking down the players who won the Championship last season have you got anything balanced to say about the new manager's own signings. * days ago you raved about how they were all better than what we might have signed from other premiership clubs...

 

I haven’t even passed judgement on any of the signings, let alone raves about them. I hadn’t even seen them play!

 

I leave it to folk like you to judge players they’ve never seen play!

 

I’m quite happy to talk down the championship winning side. Without Lewis Morgan they are nowhere near good enough to keep us up.

 

7 of them started today. If you are happy with that then keep on happy clapping!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

I've a way of sorting this out.

We give all the programmes to Shull for nowt and block the entire fiasco from our brains.

This game was what might be described as embarrassing.

Always on your mind. :wub: :byebye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, and only me and my opinion, this game should never have taken place. This was an opportunity for a man to strut his ego and say GIRUY St Mirren as I can make so much more now that I got you promoted and a little bit excited.
I wasn’t there today but I travelled up to the championship winning day to hear a man on the microphone speak to an adoring and passionate support saying ‘we are on our way’....... the only person on their way was him and the sheep that followed.
He was a lucky man to have the game changing talent of Lewis Morgan who did much to bring that passion and excitement back to St Mirren. But that lad didn’t profess to be ‘on our way’. He gave his all and appreciated what St Mirren did for him as much as he did for them.
We now have a new manager who now has to take the mantle on of taking this side into the top division of Scottish football but with the added task of maintaining a feel good factor that everyone bought into with the now departed egotistical manager. A manager who, in my view, brought nothing more than Tom Hendrie, Gus MacPherson or Danny Lennon brought to our club.
I’m no advocate of Stubbs but we need to understand that the previous manager used us and the new one has to pick up the pieces. I’m not sure he can but I hope he does.
This game today has done nothing, absolutely nothing for St Mirren Football Club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
7 of them started today. If you are happy with that then keep on happy clapping!


Only 5 (Samson, Baird, McGinn, Smith and Mullen) started today and Smith and Mullen were played out of position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BanburyBud said:

For me, and only me and my opinion, this game should never have taken place. This was an opportunity for a man to strut his ego and say GIRUY St Mirren as I can make so much more now that I got you promoted and a little bit excited.
I wasn’t there today but I travelled up to the championship winning day to hear a man on the microphone speak to an adoring and passionate support saying ‘we are on our way’....... the only person on their way was him and the sheep that followed.
He was a lucky man to have the game changing talent of Lewis Morgan who did much to bring that passion and excitement back to St Mirren. But that lad didn’t profess to be ‘on our way’. He gave his all and appreciated what St Mirren did for him as much as he did for them.
We now have a new manager who now has to take the mantle on of taking this side into the top division of Scottish football but with the added task of maintaining a feel good factor that everyone bought into with the now departed egotistical manager. A manager who, in my view, brought nothing more than Tom Hendrie, Gus MacPherson or Danny Lennon brought to our club.
I’m no advocate of Stubbs but we need to understand that the previous manager used us and the new one has to pick up the pieces. I’m not sure he can but I hope he does.
This game today has done nothing, absolutely nothing for St Mirren Football Club.

:blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BanburyBud said:

For me, and only me and my opinion, this game should never have taken place. This was an opportunity for a man to strut his ego and say GIRUY St Mirren as I can make so much more now that I got you promoted and a little bit excited.
I wasn’t there today but I travelled up to the championship winning day to hear a man on the microphone speak to an adoring and passionate support saying ‘we are on our way’....... the only person on their way was him and the sheep that followed.
He was a lucky man to have the game changing talent of Lewis Morgan who did much to bring that passion and excitement back to St Mirren. But that lad didn’t profess to be ‘on our way’. He gave his all and appreciated what St Mirren did for him as much as he did for them.
We now have a new manager who now has to take the mantle on of taking this side into the top division of Scottish football but with the added task of maintaining a feel good factor that everyone bought into with the now departed egotistical manager. A manager who, in my view, brought nothing more than Tom Hendrie, Gus MacPherson or Danny Lennon brought to our club.
I’m no advocate of Stubbs but we need to understand that the previous manager used us and the new one has to pick up the pieces. I’m not sure he can but I hope he does.
This game today has done nothing, absolutely nothing for St Mirren Football Club.

I must admit I am glad it's over. Jack was the winner today and no one else. His wee wave to the Sunderland fans when they were chanting his name got right on my tits tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DLBud said:

 


Only 5 (Samson, Baird, McGinn, Smith and Mullen) started today and Smith and Mullen were played out of position.
 

 

And Sammy was also out of position for most of his 45 minutes although in fairness I found myself longing for him in the second half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
For me, and only me and my opinion, this game should never have taken place. This was an opportunity for a man to strut his ego and say GIRUY St Mirren as I can make so much more now that I got you promoted and a little bit excited.
I wasn’t there today but I travelled up to the championship winning day to hear a man on the microphone speak to an adoring and passionate support saying ‘we are on our way’....... the only person on their way was him and the sheep that followed.
He was a lucky man to have the game changing talent of Lewis Morgan who did much to bring that passion and excitement back to St Mirren. But that lad didn’t profess to be ‘on our way’. He gave his all and appreciated what St Mirren did for him as much as he did for them.
We now have a new manager who now has to take the mantle on of taking this side into the top division of Scottish football but with the added task of maintaining a feel good factor that everyone bought into with the now departed egotistical manager. A manager who, in my view, brought nothing more than Tom Hendrie, Gus MacPherson or Danny Lennon brought to our club.
I’m no advocate of Stubbs but we need to understand that the previous manager used us and the new one has to pick up the pieces. I’m not sure he can but I hope he does.
This game today has done nothing, absolutely nothing for St Mirren Football Club.

For me maybe only me and only my opinion is

Your a wank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Jeezus, why do so many of you act like f**king jilted schoolgirls when it comes to Jack?

He was great for us and we gave him a platform to be more successful and make more money. It worked out for us both.

Good luck to him.

So a 6-0 defeat worked out for our club and fans today?? Not from what I’m reading.

I never said Jack wasn’t good for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's frustrating is that we've lost our position of being several weeks ahead of the competition in our preparations for this season. We sealed promotion on 14th April and it wasn't until 5 weeks later the season officially ended with the Livi-Thistle play-off. The same week the Jack Ross cavalcade began....

All planning was ripped up and we weren't even back to square one because, after Stubbs came in on June 12th, he had to quickly assess everyone at the club before considering recruitment.

If JR was still the manager then I think the squad would be pretty much settled by now, but that's football. The upheaval of the managerial change has meant we're much further behind with the squad than we would like to be. Fortunately, there's still the best part of 6 weeks until the transfer window closes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BanburyBud said:


Your emoji says what, Drew?

It means I'm a bit baffled.

Watching that game today has only reinforced just how much we benefitted from having Jack Ross as our manager. Your rant seems pretty OTT, to be honest.

Edited by Drew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gordon Urquhart said:

Think the brief feelgood factor has officially gone. Normal Saints service and suffering returns. 

I am afraid you are correct Gordon. We have a long season ahead and currently it looks pretty grim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many players were not fit enough and overweight, and that includes S McGinn.  It's all very well to say we haven't got players who may not have the skill level we'd like but there is no excuse for lack of fitness.  Too many of the newcomers and trialists didn't have the desire, motivation and drive to warrant a contract.  

Now, having said that, the acid test will be against Dundee and AS will be under some pressure.  I think we'll do OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Drew said:

It means I'm a bit baffled.

Watching that game today has only reinforced just hoe much we benefitted from having Jack Ross as our manager. Your rant seems pretty OTT, to be honest.

Alex Ferguson's legacy lasted till 1987.

Ross's didnae even begin and wont.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Too many players were not fit enough and overweight, and that includes S McGinn.  It's all very well to say we haven't got players who may not have the skill level we'd like but there is no excuse for lack of fitness.  Too many of the newcomers and trialists didn't have the desire, motivation and drive to warrant a contract.  

Now, having said that, the acid test will be against Dundee and AS will be under some pressure.  I think we'll do OK.

Too many tight shorts. We look fat and slow. That wee Sunderland winger moved at warp factor 9 compared to us. How do we get fit in a couple of weeks? If we could do that forget the footy we can make millions selling the diet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...