Sign in to follow this  
Dibbles old paperboy

Celtic v St Mirren - 23rd January 2019 (with thanks to Eric Arthur Blair)

4 minutes ago, shull said:

And for the double. 

Match of the night. 

HELLO HELLO THEY ARE THE KILLIEBOYS  2  SEVCO2012 SCUM 0.

What a night it could be. 

I agree with the desired outcomes, if not your way of expressing it. 

COYS

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

Everyone thinking we'll go 5 across the back? I don't think we'll do that, OK was quoted saying Lyons can play in front of the midfield or behind the midfield. I reckon we might go with..

Hladky

P.McGinn Baird Popescu Erhahon

Lyons 

McAllister McGinn Tansey MacPherson

Jackson

Lyons providing a bit of dig so that the 4 midfielders ahead of him can fight for the middle of the park. Of course at times we'll be pinned back but McAllister, Macpherson and Jackson capable of causing them problems on the counter

I would love to think that we are that brave  - but doubt it a bit.

I also think Ferdinand will play if he is fit. . . .

Personally I would play MacPherson in with S McGinn but not sure he will be in the first 11 unless Tansey is dropped . .

Also doubt that Hodson will be dropped - but we will soon see . 

Would love to take something from this game other than a thumping and minuses on the goal difference. If we can frustrate them and take something that would be fab . . :)

18 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I would love to think that we are that brave  - but doubt it a bit.

I also think Ferdinand will play if he is fit. . . .

Personally I would play MacPherson in with S McGinn but not sure he will be in the first 11 unless Tansey is dropped . .

Also doubt that Hodson will be dropped - but we will soon see . 

Would love to take something from this game other than a thumping and minuses on the goal difference. If we can frustrate them and take something that would be fab . . :)

Yeah if Ferdinand is fit I would play him ahead of Baird, doubt he will be risked if he's not fully fit though, especially against a Celtic side with as much pace as they have...

I think we've got to pick either Hodson or McGinn and stick with it, can't keep shoehorning them both in

24 minutes ago, elvis said:

Fear young Ethan is going to get a roasting tonight. 

Maybe not, if we play with three central defenders and Kyle McAllister on the left hand side. Will be interesting how well this team can defend, if the flood the midfield. Also be a good idea to stick a bit of height in the team so we can cause problems at set pieces. 

7 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Just seen the starting line up fearing the worst now.

I would have started Jackson, Mcallister and Ferdinand.

IMG_6454.jpg

Have to agree. Team shows how short of quality we have.

McAllister didn't look particularly match fit at the weekend so not surprised that he starts.

Ferdinand must have a slight knock to miss both games, is that why he's still here?

The lineup gives me the fear, shows the amount of work left to do in this transfer window. Erhahon at left back and Flynn being in the team give me the fear.

If the midfield two track back the way they did Saturday we're going to get torn to bits even if Celtic have an off night.