St. Mirren v Dundee (March 2019)

Sweeper07

6 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Since when was Flynn injured? Seemed fine the other night 

Stephen McGinn posted a picture of Magennis back training

I wonder if it's a game too soon for either of McGinn or Magennis? 

Neither McGinn nor Magennis is fit for Saturday. Flynn was taken off (although the best in midfield on Wed night) as he was the sitting midfielder and we were pushing up for an equaliser and brought on the Duck.

I would love to see Popescu play as the sitting midfielder. He attacked more than the rest of the midfield on Wed night. Anton can come in as the CB.

20 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Not sure if McGinn was just messing about but the caption was something like "the saviour"

Might be fairly close to match fit

Even if we can get the 2 of them back for after the split. I just hope we dont lose any ground between now and then. 

5 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Neither McGinn nor Magennis is fit for Saturday. Flynn was taken off (although the best in midfield on Wed night) as he was the sitting midfielder and we were pushing up for an equaliser and brought on the Duck.

I would love to see Popescu play as the sitting midfielder. He attacked more than the rest of the midfield on Wed night. Anton can come in as the CB.

You should be in the dugout mate. 

We struggled with S McGinn in the side for anything resembling a midfield. Without him we cant even muster a struggling midfield. We just dont have a credible attacking or holding midfield capability. Hence long balls punted up to the midget penalty kick f**ker-upper as our only out for the defence.

in games like these we really need the attitude that Rice has instilled at Hamilton of going out to outscore the opposition. If they concede two they are after three or more. When we conceded one we fold, indeed even when we take the lead we are still liable to folding.

Kearney needs to go for goals tomorrow, then park the bus Wednesday, then goals again at Hamilton. Our only way up, and out is to score a lot more goals. Oh for wee Gavin Reilly! 

The momentum we had a few weeks ago seems to have dissipated but we have another chance against Dundee tomorrow and if we aren't in the Last Chance Saloon yet we're certainly in the same street! :guinness

It's one of those games that's gonna be about karaktur and hopefully we show more than them tomorrow!

As ever COYS!

Edited by Bud the Baker

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

Not the worst idea in the world, but I don't fancy relying on Anton against a Dundee counter attack.

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

The momentum we had a few weeks ago seems to have dissipated but we have another chance against Dundee tomorrow and if we aren't in the Last Chance Saloon yet we're certainly in the same street! :guinness

It's one of those games that's gonna be about karaktur and hopefully we show more than them tomorrow!

As ever COYS!

I shall predict 0-0, two teams who will shite themselves and do nothing but help to keep each other in the shite. Accies to grab a 1-1 draw at Killie after Hamilton take the lead.

Hopefully I’m wrong, Saints win 5-0 with Jackson scoring a hat trick to make up for his stupid penalty, and Killie trounce Accies 4-0.

Two of the worst top flight teams in history up against each other today. Four wins all season and we could be off the bottom come 5pm. Remarkable scenes.

Dundee are the only team in the league who haven’t beat us this season, so we have certainly nothing to fear from them. I kept thinking they’d pull away from us but there they still are, 1 point better off.

Both teams deserve to go down if we’re being honest. And regardless of what happens today, I think both teams will go down.

If we lose we are all but assured of 12th. Anything else and we keep ourself in with a shout of 11th and going down in the playoffs.

COYS!!!

Sunderland till I die.  (Stick with us its relevant honest)

OK cards on the table. I was a massive JR fan, but I felt short changed and a little pissed when he left in the manner he did. That aside it’s the guys job and the only loyal section of any football team are the fans, so it was probably a no brainer for Jack and that was that. I didn’t instantly become a Sunderland fan like a few of our number, but I didn’t become anti-Sunderland or anti-Jack either I was just disappointed and a bit deflated after he left.

I was at a loose end on Thursday night and started watching Sunderland till I die. Fecking Netflix struck gold with Sunderland. Either they are the world’s greatest match fixers or have the midas touch. No one could ever have expected Sunderland to get relegated from the Championship straight after they had come down from the premier. It made a nice little fly on the wall drama and as a fan who has never played football at any level it gave me a bit of an insight into how players, managers, staff, owners and employees feel about their jobs.

The stars of the show are without a doubt the fans. I really felt for them having to suffer defeat after defeat and watch their team go down again. A bit like us this season, it was heart breaking.

I don’t do much TV, but I’ll be tuning in for season 2 when it comes along. Stewart Donald comes across as a genuine guy, but I’m not sure about his side kick.

Having  watched the series I now have a wee bit of a soft spot for the Black Cats fans and on Sunday I’ll get my Saints top on and head for my local, which incidentally is run by a Sunderland fan, and give his team some moral support for their cup-final.

I wish the black cats well and hope their fans enjoy the day.

That’s the plan for Sunday. Today I’ll concentrate on my own team and our plight. 

I'm up for this game. Feck this relegation pish.

Don't forget guys n gals we're the stars of this show. The players are there working for us.

COYS let’s get out there in numbers and get into this Dundee mob. We have a game of Cup Final proportions today

SMTID.

7 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Sunderland till I die.  (Stick with us its relevant honest)

OK cards on the table. I was a massive JR fan, but I felt short changed and a little pissed when he left in the manner he did. That aside it’s the guys job and the only loyal section of any football team are the fans, so it was probably a no brainer for Jack and that was that. I didn’t instantly become a Sunderland fan like a few of our number, but I didn’t become anti-Sunderland or anti-Jack either I was just disappointed and a bit deflated after he left.

I was at a loose end on Thursday night and started watching Sunderland till I die. Fecking Netflix struck gold with Sunderland. Either they are the world’s greatest match fixers or have the midas touch. No one could ever have expected Sunderland to get relegated from the Championship straight after they had come down from the premier. It made a nice little fly on the wall drama and as a fan who has never played football at any level it gave me a bit of an insight into how players, managers, staff, owners and employees feel about their jobs.

The stars of the show are without a doubt the fans. I really felt for them having to suffer defeat after defeat and watch their team go down again. A bit like us this season, it was heart breaking.

I don’t do much TV, but I’ll be tuning in for season 2 when it comes along. Stewart Donald comes across as a genuine guy, but I’m not sure about his side kick.

Having  watched the series I now have a wee bit of a soft spot for the Black Cats fans and on Sunday I’ll get my Saints top on and head for my local, which incidentally is run by a Sunderland fan, and give his team some moral support for their cup-final.

I wish the black cats well and hope their fans enjoy the day.

That’s the plan for Sunday. Today I’ll concentrate on my own team and our plight. 

I'm up for this game. Feck this relegation pish.

Don't forget guys n gals we're the stars of this show. The players are there working for us.

COYS let’s get out there in numbers and get into this Dundee mob. We have a game of Cup Final proportions today

SMTID.

Off to the SoL tomorrow to watch the live beamback with the inlaws.

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

Two of the worst top flight teams in history up against each other today. Four wins all season and we could be off the bottom come 5pm. Remarkable scenes.

Dundee are the only team in the league who haven’t beat us this season, so we have certainly nothing to fear from them. I kept thinking they’d pull away from us but there they still are, 1 point better off.

Both teams deserve to go down if we’re being honest. And regardless of what happens today, I think both teams will go down.

If we lose we are all but assured of 12th. Anything else and we keep ourself in with a shout of 11th and going down in the playoffs.

COYS!!!

Obviously you are too young to remember Davie Hay as manager. Thank yourself lucky man. 

7 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Hospitality today, so on the 8:50 train from Aberdeen this morning. Early start but worth it as really up for this match. 15yr old son with me and he's up for it too. Think this is the first home game we've made this season so got to be a win
COYS !!

Good effort! 

Obviously you are too young to remember Davie Hay as manager. Thank yourself lucky man. 

The 91/92 team never even finished bottom. That was when Scottish football was good too, Rangers were one of the best teams in Europe back then.

This current team is bottom in a much weaker league.

So yeah, this is worse.

11 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I shall predict 0-0, two teams who will shite themselves and do nothing but help to keep each other in the shite. Accies to grab a 1-1 draw at Killie after Hamilton take the lead.

Hopefully I’m wrong, Saints win 5-0 with Jackson scoring a hat trick to make up for his stupid penalty, and Killie trounce Accies 4-0.

Personnally, if there is a choice, I'd take your 2nd option please . . . :bounce2

It’s definitely one of those games where a draw is the most likely outcome.

A loss would be a disaster for both of us. It will be cagey and tight and if it’s still a draw after about an hour both teams will play it safe.

Draw helps neither of us really, just kicks the can down the road a bit.

32 minutes ago, TopCat said:

The 91/92 team never even finished bottom. That was when Scottish football was good too, Rangers were one of the best teams in Europe back then.

This current team is bottom in a much weaker league.

So yeah, this is worse.

Davie Hay spent a shitload of money and had very good players  in his squad

Made a pigs ear of it and considering the success he had at all his other clubs it seemed he didn't gave a shit

Remember he wasn't sacked and he walked away to another job

Davie Hay spent a shitload of money and had very good players  in his squad
Made a pigs ear of it and considering the success he had at all his other clubs it seemed he didn't gave a shit
Remember he wasn't sacked and he walked away to another job

There’s certainly no ‘very good players’ in our current squad.