Hibernian v St Mirren Premiership 23/12/20

shull

57 minutes ago, God of war said:

I don't think i ever got over the 9-man cup final, seriously haunts me to this day. One of the worst moments of my life.

It was and it was also after the point in my life where I thought football couldn’t get me like that again. Horrendous day. But character building GoW. 

50 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

I survived Hammerby, everything after that has been a piece of cake 

oh my god omg GIF by CBC

I was at the Hammerby game but to young to be affected like i was in the final. I could still greet thinking about it. My son was 9 at the time and the hurt on his face ill never forget. Remember 2 Rangers fans walking infront of me at end of game outside and they had not waited for trophy presentation. They couldn't have given a feck they had won. Eleven years later it's as raw to me as the day it happened. Its prob why i always expect worst and never get my hopes up with Saints.

3 hours ago, God of war said:

I was at the Hammerby game but to young to be affected like i was in the final. I could still greet thinking about it. My son was 9 at the time and the hurt on his face ill never forget. Remember 2 Rangers fans walking infront of me at end of game outside and they had not waited for trophy presentation. They couldn't have given a feck they had won. Eleven years later it's as raw to me as the day it happened. Its prob why i always expect worst and never get my hopes up with Saints.

No doubting it was a sore one, and made worse as I sitting next to the scumbags, but there's a saying,  "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" and that makes the good times even sweeter, did we not give them a good boot in the Haw Maws last week how sweet was that 

I was at both the Hammarby & 9-man-Cup-Final games and neither of them depressed me as much as the numerous defeats to the likes of Dumbarton & Stirling Albion we used to regularly rack up in the second tier. I remember a 3-0 defeat when IIRC we had 3 players sent off at Boghead in the 90s.

For me 9-man-Cup-Final was put to bed 9 years ago almost to the day when we beat another 9 man Rangers 2-1, doubly so after we beat them in the next H2H LC tie last week. 

I wonder if we'll ever play Hammarby again any or if any of their fans remember a dramatic injury time comeback in the away leg of a UEFA cup tie 35 years ago? 

Edited by Bud the Baker

10 hours ago, God of war said:

Disappointed with the loss against Hammarby, like every loss, but no big deal.

2010 was very disappointing especially as family had come over specially from Donegal. We were over it by the time we reached the Chippy in Barrhead.  It was unsurprising and funny to see hundreds upon hundreds of bigots leaving Hampden before the Trophy presentation.

The major loss for me was in 2006 down at fecking Gretna.

That could have been our Year to win the Cup.

So angry and upset driving up the M74 after that shocker.

Calm and cleansed presently. :)

17/3/13 trumped everything in 5 decades. :thumbsup

Edited by shull

47 minutes ago, shull said:

Disappointed with the loss against Hammarby, like every loss, but no big deal.

2010 was very disappointing especially as family had come over specially from Donegal. We were over it by the time we reached the Chippy in Barrhead.  It was unsurprising and funny to see hundreds upon hundreds of bigots leaving Hampden before the Trophy presentation.

The major loss for me was in 2006 down at fecking Gretna.

That could have been our Year to win the Cup.

So angry and upset driving up the M74 after that shocker.

Calm and cleansed presently. :)

17/3/13 trumped everything in 5 decades. :thumbsup

Feel your pain Shull but being 13 years old when we won cup in 87 will never ever be beaten.. Ian Ferguson remains my hero to this day...

1 hour ago, munoz said:

The last time we won 3 consecutive top flight games was December 2008. Hopefully this record is smashed tonight. 

That was actually 4 consecutive games culminating in Dargo's winner v Hamilton.

I had to tell this to Tommy Craig when he did a Q&A in the Main Stand, he thought it was sometime in the 60s.

2 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

That was actually 4 consecutive games culminating in Dargo's winner v Hamilton.

I had to tell this to Tommy Craig when he did a Q&A in the Main Stand, he thought it was sometime in the 60s.

I was waiting till after we've dispatched Hibs tonight before I mentioned the 4 games record. 

2 minutes ago, God of war said:

Huge loss JDH being out, his work at the back and passing is exceptional. Hoped for a win with same team as before but honestly can't see it without him.

Up to the rest of the team to step up to the mark. He will be a loss but Cammy is an able deputy.