New kit for 22/23

9 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Stop F%&kin about with the black n white stripes.  We were the first football team in the world to wear this strip we are the originals.. a slight tweak every year is all that's required for our strip

A tweak may only need to be a change of sponsor.

On 5/24/2022 at 9:46 PM, Cookie Monster said:
On 5/24/2022 at 4:05 PM, stlucifer said:
I wouldn't be surprised. Merely the least worst as the other two were almost identical and even more horrendous than option 2. The stripes at the front will be almost obliterated by the Digby Brown logo so effectively no stripes. Who the feck do these people who leave us with those option actually support? It certainly isn't Saint Mirren.

I take it you want the sponsor going vertically along a stripe.

I want the stripes on the back and would prefer no sponsor if I were buying one.

• 2 weeks later...

I know the home one's supposed to be the kit with the white shorts, but does anyone have any insider info on the away kit? Any idea when they will be released? Presumably it has to be before the Northern Ireland games?

On 5/23/2022 at 10:02 PM, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Option 2 is slightly less horrific than 1 or 3 (which are essentially the same bar the socks) but having no stripes on the back is pish.

https://www.smisa.net/component/sppagebuilder/?view=page&id=101&fbclid=IwAR0AyboDrQmg6ooBAGZNXoL2GdaK1UpZO89jYWOTG6krt2er6X8lytOriiY

I prefer Option 2 by far.

See no sign of stripes on the back for any of the versions.

SMISA November members update

Maybe some can take the time to read the article from the SMiSA website which was provided before on Page 1 of this thread. Specifically  "Members vote on 2022/23 home strip" and the line...

After the initial designs went out to the vote, the SPFL confirmed to the clubs red numbers would be allowed next season. This let Joma change the initial samples and – in line with member feedback – they have now incorporated stripes on the sleeves and on the back of the winning design.

Hope this helps

20 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

I see Morton are now with Joma and have both kits out for sale. Yet nothing from us. Now I never buy them but someone was asking me when they were coming out, anyone any idea. And why are we always last fir new strip release.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Morton's contract with Joma is off-the-shelf for the first season and bespoke afterwards. This is the reason they are out so quickly.

Same with our first year with Joma, they were out pretty rapid as they weren't bespoke, just adding a badge and sponsor to a template.

None of the teams supplied by Joma in the top flight (us, Hibs, Livi, Ross County) have had new kits for 22/23 unveiled yet.

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

When are they likely to be out? My son keeps asking as other clubs 22/23 shirts are on sale.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

I got an email from SMISA this morning, which included the following paragraphs about the kit:

Home Strip 2022/23 

Members were given the chance late last year to choose the St Mirren home strip for next season, with Joma presenting three options and members asked to vote on their favourite one that will be put into production. 

Two members of the SMISA committee, Jim Cumming and Kenny Lang, are in regular close contact with manufacturers Joma and retailer Provan Sports and the winning strip will be unveiled shortly.

So to answer you question - 'shortly'. How SIMSA define shortly, I cannot say though. :lol: Clearly they don't want to provide an exact time frame. We're due to play in Belfast in less than three weeks, so I'm think a week, maybe two? 

If you really wanted to know, you could try phoning Provan Sports, maybe? I believe this is their website: https://pitchproretail.com/our-history/ They're based in Hillington.

Their Twitter account has zero tweets: 

48 minutes ago, W6er said:

I got an email from SMISA this morning, which included the following paragraphs about the kit:

So to answer you question - 'shortly'. How SIMSA define shortly, I cannot say though. :lol: Clearly they don't want to provide an exact time frame. We're due to play in Belfast in less than three weeks, so I'm think a week, maybe two? 

If you really wanted to know, you could try phoning Provan Sports, maybe? I believe this is their website: https://pitchproretail.com/our-history/ They're based in Hillington.

Their Twitter account has zero tweets: 

When the boat arrives  from China

On 5/24/2022 at 1:37 PM, W6er said:

Option 2 won it, apparently. 

5 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

The club kitman recently changed his twitter profile picture to an image of option 2, ie the version with the Paisley Pattern on the white stripes.

Oh, aye. It's option 2 that won it - could it have been anything else, given that option 1 & 3 were identical, apart from the socks?

The away kit is the 'surprise', I have been told that it's "really unusual" but I wasn't sure whether he was being ironic or not, and when I asked he just laughed. Sometimes I find the smug, ITK folks really annoying. Anyone on here got any idea? PM me if you don't want to put it on the forum. I'm sworn to secrecy. :)

4 hours ago, W6er said:

Oh, aye. It's option 2 that won it - could it have been anything else, given that option 1 & 3 were identical, apart from the socks?

The away kit is the 'surprise', I have been told that it's "really unusual" but I wasn't sure whether he was being ironic or not, and when I asked he just laughed. Sometimes I find the smug, ITK folks really annoying. Anyone on here got any idea? PM me if you don't want to put it on the forum. I'm sworn to secrecy. :)

17 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

It would look cool by the beach...or maybe not.

Anyway, it can be purchased here...

https://usalast.com/cross/st-mirren-f-c-parrot-hawaiian-shirt/

Sizes up to 5XL, and that's American sizes which to us would normally come with poles and guy ropes.

I’ll pass on those thanks