The Frank McGarvey Tribute Match Saints v Hearts 7/1/23

shull

1 minute ago, saint in exile said:

Beeb has it down as violent conduct. 2 or 3 match ban?

What he said below, poor decision. 

1 minute ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Terrible VAR decision, yes he catches him but he is hurdling and landing no way was that deliberate violent conduct and then how did they get the free kick when the whistle had already gone for a foul on our player. Poor referee and poor from VAR

Exactly what I said to my disinterested wife. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

2 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Terrible VAR decision, yes he catches him but he is hurdling and landing no way was that deliberate violent conduct and then how did they get the free kick when the whistle had already gone for a foul on our player. Poor referee and poor from VAR

Surely an appeal then.

Is the VAR official not the same guy that gave a penalty against Craig Gordon??? All because Steven Fletcher snapped his leg in two places.

That one incident tells you everything you need to know about referees in Scotland.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

The foot that landed on the hearts boy clipped olusanyas arse as he went over him as well. Pretty poor. Can see an appeal getting thrown out because his legs moved in that direction, but as I said he's jumped and his legs clipped his own teammates arse, not much he could do.

It shows how far we've come to be disappointed today and be sitting 6th with games in hand.
image.thumb.png.c27a859c995295724afea64cfa39c94c.png
Robinson was right in yesterday's press conference that we probably should have had more points than what we actually have(was a similar story last season).

Think only Kilmarnock at home did we deserve to get beat it evens itself out with Motherwell at home performance.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

Just back at my mates house but really enjoyed the game if not the result.

Not too much I can add after reading through the posts, we were looking dangerous on the break in the first half and even although they had lots of possession we completely snuffed them out.

As me and my pals expected they came out in the second half with more determination but it was a massive slice of luck for them to equalise.

I'd expect both managers will be ok with a point and really disappointed for Fraser as he didn't deserve that sending off and I'm not sure why the referee took 4 minutes to come to that decision. 

I certainly got my monies worth, action for the whole 90 minutes although the lack of quality was evident for both teams up front. 

I’m a bit unhappy with that today. I’m not saying Hearts didn’t deserve a point in the end, but the point is they shouldn’t have had a chance to. We should’ve been out of sight by half time. 
@faraway saint you made a couple of points in previous posts.

The quality of our shooting is standard for Scottish football. Sorry I don’t agree. Ours is particularly bad I think. I don’t know if there’s any stats for chances created to goals scored, but I’d be stunned if we weren’t champions of that league.

Hearts goalie never had many saves to make. Aye, only because our finishing is so rank. 

I’m firmly adding that game to Motherwell (0-1), St. Johnstone (2-2) and Rangers (1-1) as games we should’ve won and didn’t.

I genuinely believe if we can’t improve at least to some extent in that department, we won’t finish in the top six this season. 
Only upside for me today is that we didn’t lose and there were a good few incredible shifts put in. 

It could’ve been over by ht with us bossing it but Hearts had the better of the 2nd half. Team dug in well as we expect now  

Suspensions and injuries starting to kick in. Hopefully Strain’s strain is a minor one that won’t keep him out of the next game, although Flynn did well. . Don’t know the word on Gallagher’s injury, although Shaughnessy played well too and Ayunga injured. EE and Fraser suspended.  Hopefully no more reds or injuries ahead. Big ask at Tynecastle but not impossible to grab a win. 

Lots of positives today. Thought Gogic was man of the match - brilliant in midfield. Should have had the game out of sight by half time. Fraser's red card was a total farce and it was our free kick anyway regardless of the Fraser sending off. Hope we appeal.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Lots of positives today. Thought Gogic was man of the match - brilliant in midfield. Should have had the game out of sight by half time. Fraser's red card was a total farce and it was our free kick anyway regardless of the Fraser sending off. Hope we appeal.

You’re right Sonny, Gogic was immense today. I thought at one point in the second half he was running out of steam, but he came storming back again. 

25 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Brothy should have been brought on he’s a better option than Olusanya in a game that’s tight. Ref was a total clown ,where do they find these idiots?

I’m wondering if Brophy might have said something out of line when he was subbed against Killie that’s pissed  Robinson off and he’s teaching him a lesson. Brophy certainly wasn’t happy. 
Just think with Ayunga still injured my assumption was that Brophy would start (as he did last week) and I was surprised to see Greive in the starting line up. 

15 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

Ref had a cracking game i thought.

What game were you watching every time a St Mirren player went in for a tackle he was giving them a free kick we got very little of of him.was surprised he never played longer at the end so Hearts would score.

16 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

O'Hara was my MOTM today. His box-to-box workrate is brilliant. He's 8/10 every week.

Everyone should be enjoying this season, we are a good side. It's great to look round and see the stands full. Long may it continue.

It was quite funny there fans singing what a shittey home support when the ground was almost full.

1 hour ago, StanleySaint said:

To be fair Greive had just travelled back from New Zealand last week so I don't think he would have started in any case. By all accounts he did well today so justifies his start.

He had two glaring  misses and probably single-handedly cost us two points.

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

I don't think we'd win an appeal and I don't think the club will try.