Top 6, game 3, Celtic v St Mirren, 20/5/23

• faraway saint changed the title to Top 6, game 3, Celtic v St Mirren, 20/5/23

Be very surprised at anything other than a heavy defeat as usual. Our achievement in reaching the top six without a forward line is commendable but the late season collapse could see us quite easily have just one point from the final 21.  Maybe we should try next term with some forwards, who knows what we could achieve. 😁

2 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Be very surprised at anything other than a heavy defeat as usual. Our achievement in reaching the top six without a forward line is commendable but the late season collapse could see us quite easily have just one point from the final 21.  Maybe we should try next term with some forwards, who knows what we could achieve. 😁

The manager has taken the first step which was, IMO, to make us difficult to defeat. The next is arguably more difficult and that is to add one or maybe two 12-15 goals a season strikers without changing the shape of the team too much. 

We will probably keep it reasonably tight up to about 70 minutes when they will bring on three  fresh international players who will run the legs off us and score another 3 or 4. All this seasons  Celtic and Rangers games  away have gone like that . 

Edited by guinness

1 hour ago, StanleySaint said:

I think if we are all honest we're all Elvis this weekend.

I'm not. A shite Motherwell team managed a draw there the other week.  

Difficult, but you never know. 

18 minutes ago, munoz said:

I'm not. A shite Motherwell team managed a draw there the other week.  

Difficult, but you never know. 

I don't agree Motherwell are "shite".

They have been on a great run over the last umpteen games.

Add in they have a "real" striker and I'd say they are a better team than any of the bottom 6, and possibly a couple of the top 6 teams over a short spell of the season. 

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Add in they have a "real" striker and I'd say they are a better team than any of the bottom 6, and possibly a couple of the top 6 teams over a short spell of the season. 

Sounds reasonable. Van Veen has really started playing and that has benefited the whole unit.

Kettlewell has done well for Well but can he do it long term? Doubtful 

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Agreed. Motherwell went through a terrible spell under Hammill that saw him get his jotters. 
However, their record since Kettlewell came in has been pretty impressive for the most part. 
I was certainly glad we didn’t have to play them again this season. 

Love nothing more than to sneak a point but even with a full squad we have no right to beat a team with 40 times our turnover.... but seen with my own eyes in 90 so its possible....  100% with elvis this week and he only got it wrong 21 times out of 35 so far....

On 5/15/2023 at 7:44 PM, elvis said:

Will be the usual 4 or 5.

Was expecting a few more than that from you E.. I'm taking that as a positive  👍

Probably getting them at the worse possible time, their first home game since they won the title,  a full house in attendance baying for blood 

With Big Ange in the centre circle 

Gladiator GIF