Saints v sevco Oct 6th

HSS

8 minutes ago, elvis said:

The problem I have is what the f**k does he see in Olasanya he's f**king hopeless the Israeli  boys got pace what's he got to do to get a game.

Wasn’t an easy time for Nahmani to come on but noticed he wasn’t putting a  shift in. Couple of times he just jogged and watched as a Sevco player was moving forward with the ball 5 yards from him. He’s quick and can finish but maybe needs to prove himself more to Robinson. 

8 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Forever 

get used to it and be grateful it’s them and not you 

I will never get used to it.

The only people who are apparently "used to it" are the Scottish authorities.

It is a diifferent story when the 2 sectarian clubs play in Europe.

They have both been fined for the behaviour of their fans on several occasions by the European authorities.

That Rangers team might’ve gone above us in GD today, but I’ve got a damn sight more confidence that we’ll go on a winning run than they will. They are f**kin honkin and got a massively needed helping hand today. 
Spot on they are a team full of £million bought players and internationals if Goldson,Butland & Tav had Scottish grannies they would be full internationals too.

They look no better than the rest of the league.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

Reading the wankers on here Str a in should be taken out and shot. We must be the only support who automatically accept we are in the wrong and that our side is crap. I have not seen the penalty , as I was at the match , but did it need to be a red card?  Would a ye!low not have sufficed? Also none of you asking why the diving wee cheat who went off injured did not get a second yellow for diving . I am afraid most of our supporters who watch on TV are absolute wankers. Anyway for the few who actual!y care see you in Dingwall 

Well beaten today, looked nervous from the start and after losing the player the team rather fell apart. Rangers are the first decent team we’ve played so far and they caught us out. Admittedly they have spent millions to do so, and are hardly world beaters. I think this result has been coming for a few weeks as we’ve not really been playing well recently. I agree with Olusanya being hopeless and think he should be dropped immediately. Whilst I cringe at some of the Rangers song sheet, their fans got behind the team throughout. ( wonder what happened to their banner, lol ) 

2 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

Agree with you about Miller but Chris Boyd is another kettle of fish and another of the Sky pundits was sat in the Sevco dugout this afternoon.

The broadcasting companies in general (including BBC) taylor their output to appeal to the 2 big sectarian clubs in Scotland.

95% of their coverage is targeted at them.

On a more philosophical note we were followed by a goalless draw between 2 teams who are fairly dire.

There’s a long way to go and with a break prior to the County game it gives us the ideal opportunity to come back rejuvenated.

2 hours ago, guinness said:

Reading the wankers on here Str a in should be taken out and shot. We must be the only support who automatically accept we are in the wrong and that our side is crap. I have not seen the penalty , as I was at the match , but did it need to be a red card?  Would a ye!low not have sufficed? Also none of you asking why the diving wee cheat who went off injured did not get a second yellow for diving . I am afraid most of our supporters who watch on TV are absolute wankers. Anyway for the few who actual!y care see you in Dingwall 

To be fair mate, this is a horrendous post. 
Not one person has posted anything remotely like “Strain should be taken out and shot”. All people have said is that he was f**king stupid and he was. Maybe once you (the superfan who pure goes to every game) has seen it on telly you’ll agree. 
I live in Jersey and when I come up for the St. Johnstone game at the end of the month, it’ll be my 5th game of the season. Does that make me a worse fan than you coz I watch most games on telly? 
You have come across like a total bellend here mate and no mistake. 

25 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

We just never got going today. Yes, the sending off and penalty pretty much defined the outcome but we were pretty poor. What has happened to O'Hara ? Olusanya tried hard but couldn't make the ball stick. Mandron looked like he couldn't be arsed doing anything. Not an enjoyable afternoon.

Disagree with this mate.

I thought we were doing just fine before the penalty. It was at the very least a 50/50 game and we’d created a few decent wee openings.

Not just that, but in the second half I thought even with 10 men we still had a few moments and caused Rangers a few problems. 
I’m pretty confident that without that incident we’d definitely have got something from the game. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Not one person has posted anything remotely like “Strain should be taken out and shot”. All people have said is that he was f**king stupid and he was. Maybe once you (the superfan who pure goes to every game) has seen it on telly you’ll agree. 
I live in Jersey and when I come up for the St. Johnstone game at the end of the month, it’ll be my 5th game of the season. Does that make me a worse fan than you coz I watch most games on telly? 

Totally agree, I’m in Inverness and already been at 2 home games.  I was one of the ‘Wankers’ watching on the box today.

Unbelievably I’ll be in Dingwall in a couple of weeks.

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Pssst! Some folk have spent a few post-match hours in the pub, I suspect. I think we've all been there. 🤪

I never played much 11 a-side footy, but I remember doing exactly what Strain did today following a corner. I just stuck out my hand to stop a certain goal. It would've been a half-decent save if I was the keeper. It was totally instinctive, just a reaction. Strain's a pro of course, and should be held to a higher standard, but it's not something he had time to think about. 

It was ALWAYS likely to be a difficult game, despite what people have been saying. Though I will be very tempted to go to Ibrox in December to see if we can get something there.

15 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Well beaten today, looked nervous from the start and after losing the player the team rather fell apart. Rangers are the first decent team we’ve played so far and they caught us out. Admittedly they have spent millions to do so, and are hardly world beaters. I think this result has been coming for a few weeks as we’ve not really been playing well recently. I agree with Olusanya being hopeless and think he should be dropped immediately. Whilst I cringe at some of the Rangers song sheet, their fans got behind the team throughout. ( wonder what happened to their banner, lol ) 

We were looking as if we were going to take control just before the penalty 

but we were wasteful in front of their goal before that and should have been ahead

It was a penalty, and a sending off. My thoughts on it though are, due to the fact it was fleeting and, if anything, actually directed the ball more to the player's foot, I would hazard a guess that VAR would have let it slide if it had happened to be a sevco player at the other end of the park.

Edited by stlucifer

20 hours ago, W6er said:

Pssst! Some folk have spent a few post-match hours in the pub, I suspect. I think we've all been there. 🤪

IF that was the case most sensible people would have appeared, and he has been on the forum since, and made some sort of apology. 

Edited by faraway saint

The result was a major disappointment especially as I had a wee flutter on us to win ☹️

Brilliant to see around 10 Mechelen fans who were having a ball in the Court Bar after the game 🇧🇪 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

IF that was the case most sensible people would have appeared, and he has been on the forum since, and made some sort of apology. 

I perhaps expressed myself carelessly but some of the criticism of Strain was over th e top. One guy suggested his good work for th e season was undone by one silly mistake. I still think St Mirren have more moaning and easily upset supporters than most clubs. 

19 minutes ago, guinness said:

I perhaps expressed myself carelessly but some of the criticism of Strain was over th e top. One guy suggested his good work for th e season was undone by one silly mistake. I still think St Mirren have more moaning and easily upset supporters than most clubs. 

No perhaps about it, calling people wankers who weren't there, who are as entitled to their opinion as you, was more than careless. 

As for the last bit, maybe if you read some other forums you'd see that's not the case.