Never Mind The Morton, Here's The Championship!

So tuned in to BBC Shortbread to cast an eye over Hibs, trying to gauge how we might fair against them if they miss out on the play off spot. Feck me, never mind the Hibees! Could we live with Livvy if they stay up?

Then it struck me, they play as a team, and this season certainly post TC we look anything like a collective trying to pull together, and the departures this week speak volumes for where we are! Even injured players are willing to cut their losses and go.

So tuned in to BBC Shortbread to cast an eye over Hibs, trying to gauge how we might fair against them if they miss out on the play off spot. Feck me, never mind the Hibees! Could we live with Livvy if they stay up?

Then it struck me, they play as a team, and this season certainly post TC we look anything like a collective trying to pull together, and the departures this week speak volumes for where we are! Even injured players are willing to cut their losses and go.

The likes of Livingston would horse this current St.mirren team, if we keep likes of Reilly and Kelly with Teale still in charge then I can see us getting relegated from the championship as well, all aboard.

Don't write us off before we know who we have and who we will play against next season. Livingston could very easily be the relegated club from the championship and their players could be up for grabs, so not only could we not be playing them we could have their best players.

Having said that, i also watched part of the game on that foreign language channel and was impressed with their teamwork.

Don't write us off before we know who we have and who we will play against next season. Livingston could very easily be the relegated club from the championship and their players could be up for grabs, so not only could we not be playing them we could have their best players.

Having said that, i also watched part of the game on that foreign language channel and was impressed with their teamwork.

Unfortunately, we're now in a horrible situation where we're getting excited about cherry picking the bottom team in division one's best players.

Folk were pissed off when we were doing it with the likes of Dundee and Hamilton....but Livingston FFS?

Unfortunately, we're now in a horrible situation where we're getting excited about cherry picking the bottom team in division one's best players.

Folk were pissed off when we were doing it with the likes of Dundee and Hamilton....but Livingston FFS?

One person saying we COULD take some of their better players is hardly a sign of getting excited FFS.

Talk about mountains and molehills?bangin.gif

The likes of Livingston would horse this current St.mirren team, if we keep likes of Reilly and Kelly with Teale still in charge then I can see us getting relegated from the championship as well, all aboard.

Of course you can see us getting relegated.

Can you ever see anything else?

Personally I'd prefer to wait and see what board, manager, players and opponents we'll be facing and then seeing how the first 15 to 20 matches go before making a judgement.

I know that doesn't fit in with your self-beating obsession but there you go.

Of course you can see us getting relegated.

Can you ever see anything else?

Personally I'd prefer to wait and see what board, manager, players and opponents we'll be facing and then seeing how the first 15 to 20 matches go before making a judgement.

I know that doesn't fit in with your self-beating obsession but there you go.

Waiting until we know if we have a new board, manager, players, opponents, and waiting until you've seen up to twenty matches before making a judgement? Pretty sure by then none of us will be making judgements, the picture will be clear for all to see.

Go on, take a punt. Make a guess, offer a gut feeling, say what you feel lies ahead. Based on where we are as a club, and what is in the Championship.

I've already posted my gut reaction - I'm sticking a tenner on us to finish fifth. Behind Sevco/Hibs/Falkirk/Queens/Motherwell/Ross County.... Take your pick from any four of them depending on playoff results. Raith Rovers might even be in with a shout of finishing above us too.

What's your feeling? Don't wait until twenty matches in, by then, we'll know.

Waiting until we know if we have a new board, manager, players, opponents, and waiting until you've seen up to twenty matches before making a judgement? Pretty sure by then none of us will be making judgements, the picture will be clear for all to see.

Go on, take a punt. Make a guess, offer a gut feeling, say what you feel lies ahead. Based on where we are as a club, and what is in the Championship.

I've already posted my gut reaction - I'm sticking a tenner on us to finish fifth. Behind Sevco/Hibs/Falkirk/Queens/Motherwell/Ross County.... Take your pick from any four of them depending on playoff results. Raith Rovers might even be in with a shout of finishing above us too.

I agree with every word of this we will be lucky to Finnish in the top six maybe worse .

I agree with every word of this we will be lucky to Finnish in the top six maybe worse

Why don't we wait until we see who our manager and squad are plus who is in the division with us? We may struggle but equally if we get the right players in then we may surprise some. Trying to predict without knowing certain factors is pointless (much like us in most matches).

Why don't we wait until we see who our manager and squad are plus who is in the division with us? We may struggle but equally if we get the right players in then we may surprise some. Trying to predict without knowing certain factors is pointless (much like us in most matches).

If we get the right players it'll bloody well surprise me!

No idea. Absolutely none.

I don't know what players we'll have or what manager we'll have or even what teams we'll be playing.

At the very least let me get to that stage before asking me for a prediction.

I don't know what players we'll have or what manager we'll have or even what teams we'll be playing.

Ok who predicted that we would have 21points, 22 goals, a top goal scorer at club of 3, Teale be manager and us finishing bottom relegated in April?

Snow easy this predicting pash

I predict next season we will get beaten, not win a cup, not have any TV games unless Gers stay down and generally be a mid table no thrills dross side

Fair enough. However, without knowing anything much, I fancy Celtic to win the Premiership next season.

Ha! Bookmark that, give Paddy Power a call now for odds.... Change my name by deed poll to Nostradamus...

Edited by pozbaird

BBC Alba cover live plenty of Lower League matches, not involving The Newcunto F. C..

This Saturday...

Stranraer v Morton.

5.30 pm

COME ON THE TON!

Forfar drop points,Stranraer win and it's an open top bus round town.

Common sense alert.

We and most of the teams in that league will have a very different squad of players in 4 months time when we kick off the season.

Budget wise we will around 3rd or 4th I'd imagine, behind two of Rangers, Hibs and/or 11th placed team in the top flight and perhaps Falkirk due to their cup run. Given that's pretty much the only relevant info we have now the best guess would be we will finish 3rd or 4th.