Stephen McGinn

Sonny

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

This has been a pretty astonishing window, and it isn't closed yet.

I'm very happy with the signing of McGinn. Welcome back to the best club in the world, Stephen.

Despite Naismith going and a young promising player leaving after 18 games and 1 goal (against a true diddy team too), at least Jack and the BoD have been very busy trying to build a new-look SMFC. A lot of hard work I imagine, dealing with agents, waiting on calls, getting paperwork fixed up... best of luck to all the new signings and the management.

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Despite Naismith going and a young promising player leaving after 18 games and 1 goal (against a true diddy team too), at least Jack and the BoD have been very busy trying to build a new-look SMFC. A lot of hard work I imagine, dealing with agents, waiting on calls, getting paperwork fixed up... best of luck to all the new signings and the management.

Has the much maligned (and respected) TF had much to do with facilitating the whole process I wonder - along with the encouragement of GLS?

It can't be said that we haven't tried to make drastic changes. Tough decisions have been made, necks have been stuck out and, undoubtedly, risks have been taken. Fingers crossed that the gamble pays off.

One things for certain though, before we made these moves, we were only heading one way. At least now we can say we've thrown everything at it. Time will tell whether we've been duped by diddies or unearthed some hidden gems. But, for now, the excitement is back, I'm looking forward to the challenge that the rest of the season holds, rather than dreading what was looking more and more like an inevitable, slow procession towards League 1.

Can't wait for tomorrow! COYS!

2 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Has the much maligned (and respected) TF had much to do with facilitating the whole process I wonder - along with the encouragement of GLS?

Good point. I would expect that Tony has been heavily involved and ought to be congratulated for his part in what looks like a great transfer window.

8 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Tony is a legend, and a hero to any true Saints fan. He would do anything possible to make us a success, and I've no doubt he was heavily involved in all our dealings.

No idea why elvis popped up ? Absolutely delighted Stephen is back this is two way. We get an experienced former player who understands the club. Secondly Stephen gets to kick start his potential in Scottish football, win win. Stephen give us your all mate. We Need You. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Part of me is delighted. By far the most cultured of the McGinns to play for us, however his recent injury history doesn't fill me with confidence.

It'll be interesting to see how Ross fits all these players into the team. I'd assume we'll be playing very narrow in midfield, with two sitting and three behind Sutton.

Part of me is delighted. By far the most cultured of the McGinns to play for us, however his recent injury history doesn't fill me with confidence.

It'll be interesting to see how Ross fits all these players into the team. I'd assume we'll be playing very narrow in midfield, with two sitting and three behind Sutton.

5 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

What stands out about this is the 18 month deal. The only one of the new men guaranteed to be here beyond May? Even if we go down and Mallan's away then we should have a bit of quality in the heart of the team.

I'd be tempted to give him the armband.....

Indeed, thought of that also. If playing, give it to him today and let him lead Team out.