Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

On Facebook someone's said we're signing a right sided midfielder tomorrow with a striker to follow, also nothing doing on managerial front til Stewart Gilmour gets back from holiday. Did he not say on the radio that he was a contactable there as he is in Paisley due to e-mail, skype etc??? Very disappointing if true. How many other company bosses would go away for a 6 week holiday and leave the company floundering

On Facebook someone's said we're signing a right sided midfielder tomorrow with a striker to follow, also nothing doing on managerial front til Stewart Gilmour gets back from holiday. Did he not say on the radio that he was a contactable there as he is in Paisley due to e-mail, skype etc??? Very disappointing if true. How many other company bosses would go away for a 6 week holiday and leave the company floundering

If you want to believe someone on Facebook who was "apparently" quoting someone else fill your boots, personally I would trust what SG had to say on whether he is contactable and available for club business.

We're interested in Paul Heffernan, according to a Hibs fan on P&B.

Heffernan may have been the answer 3 or 4 years ago , not now ,he's done. Even at his best he needs chances set up on a plate for him , and when have we ever had the players to do that . Hopefully a non-starter !

If you want to believe someone on Facebook who was "apparently" quoting someone else fill your boots, personally I would trust what SG had to say on whether he is contactable and available for club business.

Did I say I believed it?I was only passing on what someone's said as it is the speculation thread!!!! Waiting for your wee dig at ulysses for commenting on someone on P&B mentioning we;re after Heffernan!!!!

Did I say I believed it?I was only passing on what someone's said as it is the speculation thread!!!! Waiting for your wee dig at ulysses for commenting on someone on P&B mentioning we;re after Heffernan!!!!

Did I say you believed it, at least you're not defensive or anything!! Neither was there a "wee dig" at anything just stating that I would sooner believe what I heard directly in an interview on the radio than some shite someone wants to spread on Facebook.

Having re-read your post I do notice that you were prepared to speculate right enough " Very disappointing if true. How many other company bosses would go away for a 6 week holiday and leave the company floundering" but as you say it's the speculation thread.

Heffernan may have been the answer 3 or 4 years ago , not now ,he's done. Even at his best he needs chances set up on a plate for him , and when have we ever had the players to do that . Hopefully a non-starter !

Correct

His last game on our park he lasted 10 mins and had to go off with hamstring problems

We need a durable type player who at least will be fit for selection

Heffernan scores 5 goals in 30 apperances for Hibernian while Jason Scotland scored 10 goals in 20 apperances for Hamilton.

I would be happy if we signed both on deals until the end of the season , and also maybe try and get Conner Newton on loan . That's three affordable options that will improve us , and will at least show that we are making an effort to stay up .

errrrrr.... no no no no!

McGregor... Moshni... McCulloch...

The foreign one that was whinging to the press.... no thanks.

As well as 7 goalkeepers in their 1st team squad, Rangers have 19 defenders listed and Moshni listed as one of their 18 midfielders. Zaliukas is one of their defenders not getting much in the way of game time.

Is that a f**king wind up? Shiels who can't get in the The Rangers team and McFadden who got sent off at the weekend.

No its not a wind up both would be far better options than what we currently have. Shiels career has stalled at the dead club but imo he could do a job for us.You wouldn't sign McFadden because he got sent off? Who would you like us to sign? Messi and Ronaldo?

Ex-Gretna Fabian Yantorno linked with us today in The Sun - it's rumoured he might come in if the Argentinian takeover group takes control of the club.

Danny Swanson was another rumour I'd heard - but, like the above player, I doubt that'd happen.

Yantorno looks like one of those nomadic types who doesn't settle at a club for more than a season. Also, do we really need a 32 year old midfielder just now?

Swanson sounds like a laughable suggestion.

I don't think Swanson's done particularly great at Coventry this season & he has been an unused substitute in their last 3 games.

I'm guessing those & the fact he's Scottish is enough to link him to an SPFL club though.

I don't think Swanson's done particularly great at Coventry this season & he has been an unused substitute in their last 3 games.

I'm guessing those & the fact he's Scottish is enough to link him to an SPFL club though.

Fair enough. I don't follow the English game, right enough, so probably not qualified to comment either way. That's never stopped me in the past, however....

Ex-Gretna Fabian Yantorno linked with us today in The Sun - it's rumoured he might come in if the Argentinian takeover group takes control of the club.

Danny Swanson was another rumour I'd heard - but, like the above player, I doubt that'd happen.

Struck me as lazy journalism.

South American consortium interested in buying the club. Find the last South American to play in Scotland and create a link.