Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

33 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Amazing player. I would be absolutely gutted if he left. Take his wage off our hands and pay us loads for the privilege and I'll get over it. emoji12.png

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Amazing player that doesn’t track back plus can’t tackle a fish supper.

He’s had too many chances, punt him.

Just now, munoz said:

Not a great deal if true. I know he's out of contract in the summer but 150k seems very low.

Would be happy enough with Gogic signing. 

Especially since they've just pocketed £3 million for Boyle.

I'd hope we stiff them for as much as we can.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Especially since they've just pocketed £3 million for Boyle.

I'd hope we stiff them for as much as we can.

Exactly. If the figures reported are accurate, we would be as well keeping him till the summer. He could be the difference of a couple placings in the table come the end of the season. 

On 1/29/2022 at 12:55 PM, billyg said:

PCA with Wigan I think , but may well see the season out with us . 

Wigan have made him an offer of a PCA , but he hasn't signed it , plus they're offering buttons. He's waiting to see if there's a better offer for him , and we're looking at getting a better deal ! Aberdeen and Hibs know the deal on the table from Wigan !

If you only offer short contracts you're on a hiding to nothing.  If anyone who wants McGrath can convince him to sign a PCA they can bide their time and get him for nothing in four months time.  I doubt we will ever be able to fund 3 or 4 year contracts let alone convince players to sign them.  Sadly, these days football clubs need a  Sugar Daddy and it ain't SMISA nor Kibble.

26 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

If you only offer short contracts you're on a hiding to nothing.  If anyone who wants McGrath can convince him to sign a PCA they can bide their time and get him for nothing in four months time.  I doubt we will ever be able to fund 3 or 4 year contracts let alone convince players to sign them.  Sadly, these days football clubs need a  Sugar Daddy and it ain't SMISA nor Kibble.

Unfortunately or not, there has been no sign of a sugar daddy coming forward to pump millions into Saints and given that the previous board were desperate to sell or get inward investment for years, I think the chance of one surfacing now is unlikely .

Mind you, with the appalling  record of some of those types involved with clubs down south , maybe we don’t want one .

39 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

Brophy was signed on a 3 year contract.

It was one of the main factors in persuading him to join us.