Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

On 1/12/2023 at 5:25 PM, billyg said:

I see talk that Joe is leaving at the end of the window for an Irish club , staying for now until injury suspension situ is resolved !

On 1/12/2023 at 5:32 PM, elvis said:

Be very sad to see him go one of my favourite players at the club.

On 1/12/2023 at 5:33 PM, fmckinn said:

I like big Joe , would love him to stay

I'd prefer Big Joe to stay also.  I think he's been terrific for us while here.  Yes, he's had the odd mistake here and there but for our size of club and level, he's a tremendous asset to have and I've been very happy that he's been able to get back into the team recently.  I hope there's a chance of him staying, especially with his recent performances but that's up to the manager at the end of the day

Edited by Percy Veer
"up" to, not "us" to...

8 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

There is no way we would entertain that with 18 months left on his contract. 
As far as I'm lead to believe we were looking for around 700k for McGrath 2 summers ago, before he eventually went the following January window with 6 months left on his contract for around half of that.

I honestly can't see us entertaining any lower than £1m at this stage. With Lasley onboard alongside Robinson, would he have a better insight of how Motherwell held out for higher fees for their prized assets? The timing of the accounts released publicly will have clubs thinking they can buy on the cheap, though id like to think we can stand our ground even till the summer if there are not serious bids.

Look at the likes of Dykes at Livy (tbf he's went on to do very well), Connor Sammon at Killie, Toni Andreu & Hendrie at Acciews(ffs) all in the past going for 7 figure sums.  
Baccus is an international (also played at a WC finals) and at a very good age with 18 months left on his contract.

I've always wondered how other teams, especially the Accies, have managed to consistently get "top dollar" for their young stars.  I think McCarthy and McArthur went for considerable fees did they not?

40 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Talking to yourself doesn't constitute you being told. emoji1787.png

That is not true. emoji56.png

I was told in person at the game against Hearts on the 7th of January that you had been banned before.  Someone is certainly "telling lies" and I bet it's not the person who told me...

I was told in person at the game against Hearts on the 7th of January that you had been banned before.  Someone is certainly "telling lies" and I bet it's not the person who told me...
And who was this person that told lies about me previously?

Only fair I get to defend myself from scurrilous accusations. [emoji1787]

16 hours ago, Percy Veer said:

I've always wondered how other teams, especially the Accies, have managed to consistently get "top dollar" for their young stars.  I think McCarthy and McArthur went for considerable fees did they not?

According to stats online, McCarthur went to Wigan for around 500k (I think he had a year left on his contract), then a further 700k when he was sold to Palace.   sure McCarthy was sold for around £1.2-1.4million (depends where you read), though they also made around £2m on a sell on fee when he moved to Everton.

I'm hoping with Lasley onboard with us now, he will have had an insight to how Motherwell also negotiated top dollar for their players including the likes of Kipre and Turnbull for example.

On 1/16/2023 at 9:47 AM, djchapsticks said:

Think it's a shoddy bit of journalism.

£350k has been plucked from thin air because we are looking at £350k for Erthan.

There's no chance is Baccus being allowed to walk for anything like £350k and if he did, every single person working in the club at board level should be expected to resign immediately .

I agree it is shody.

Irony would be that rangers will likely pay twice that for Cantwell who's fine nothing in 2 seasons and is out of contract in the summer!

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

More importantly we NEED someone who can sniff out a goal to come in. 

I agree totally but in order for that to happen he has to go as I would assume he is the highest earner at the club and ok he has had some injuries but for whatever reason doesn't seem to be able to convince manager to pick him when fit. 

14 minutes ago, Sonny said:

If we are paying Brophy we should be playing him. Top scorer last season and Main and Ayunga cannot score.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

…..and Brophy can?? I’ll make a bold prediction that at least one of Main or Ayunga (or possibly both) will score more goals this season than Brophy did last. 

I would have Ayunga and Main in the team every time before Brophy. At least they do other things while they’re not scoring goals. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

What's been a good season so far could have been so much better if we had someone who could score close to 10 goals.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

Thing is someone known for that is signing for clubs with more money than us. Sadly we need to find someone who can play our system and hit form.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Thing is someone known for that is signing for clubs with more money than us. Sadly we need to find someone who can play our system and hit form.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately need to offload a few now well known shite strikers in order to free up finances. Can't see many takers for this lot.