Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

57 minutes ago, shull said:

Simon Murray, presently at Ross County is a target for us to sign in January.

I think he would be a great signing.

Hmmm. I’m not sure he’d solve any problems for us. I see him as a Curtis Main type workhorse and tireless runner, but not going to get us goals. Could be wrong. 
If he’s a straight swap for someone who’s going then fair enough, but I don’t see him as a particularly positive “addition” to the squad. 

On 12/20/2023 at 3:12 PM, shull said:

Simon Murray, presently at Ross County is a target for us to sign in January.

I think he would be a great signing.

Just the sort of player the teams needs a headless chicken :zipit only problem is if we don't fill in the corners by January he's liable to run through a gap in the stadium and we won't ever see him again 

Like what happened to her maw ⬇️

film luca GIF

Edited by portmahomack saint

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2023 at 1:00 AM, portmahomack saint said:

Just the sort of player the teams needs a headless chicken :zipit only problem is if we don't fill in the corners by January he's liable to run through a gap in the stadium and we won't ever see him again 

Like what happened to her maw ⬇️

film luca GIF

You mean he'll go to the rangers? 🤪

54 minutes ago, alanb said:

Some media speculation around Curtis Main returning to Scotland with us,Motherwell and Dundee being linked with him.

Would definitely need at least one striker out to accommodate him.

Curtis Main did very well for us last season but let’s not forget, he was f**king mince the previous one !    
IF he returned , I would hope it was the 22/23 version . 

18 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Curtis Main did very well for us last season but let’s not forget, he was f**king mince the previous one !    
IF he returned , I would hope it was the 22/23 version . 

He was playing with the aid of painkillers and underwent surgery between seasons

Some people put his upturn in form down to the manager, more likely his consultant and the scalpel used to repair the injury 

16 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

I'm not big fan of bringing ex players back but I'd make an exemption for a Lewis Morgan or any the Mcginn clan to keep the bloodline 

Agree, normally a few good games and then a run down to their pension.

Just now, hamlet said:

Agree, normally a few good games and then a run down to their pension.

My thoughts exactly, would have to be a player with a strong affiliation with our club, who'd always give 100%  someone like a Steven Thompson Jackie Copland Stephen McGinn type.

And Lewis Morgan {hates the Morton} he's also is a great wee player and won't need the pension 

From a reliable source…

Hearing we are closing in on Calum Waters from Morton for a small fee and a couple of loans going out the other way. Would be a solid signing IMO… backup for Tanser and allows Elvis to cover in Strain’s absence. Robbo apparently a big fan and he’s been a big part of M*rton’s revival in recent weeks. They’re willing to let him go as it will free up funds to keep Lewis Strapp till the end of the season. Good business all round. 

4 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

From a reliable source…

Hearing we are closing in on Calum Waters from Morton for a small fee and a couple of loans going out the other way. Would be a solid signing IMO… backup for Tanser and allows Elvis to cover in Strain’s absence. Robbo apparently a big fan and he’s been a big part of M*rton’s revival in recent weeks. They’re willing to let him go as it will free up funds to keep Lewis Strapp till the end of the season. Good business all round. 

Sorry not for me, wasn't impressed with him when we had him on loan previously 

3 hours ago, RossCSmfc said:

From a reliable source…

Could be possible given we need backup to Tanser. I can't see who we would let go on loan.

Not convinced this is true