Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Elsewhere people saying would think we would be fine with getting in a left back and sub keeper. I think in an ideal world I would like a sub Keeper, left back, a holding midfielder and striker.

Noticed on skys transfer centre that lee cox who used to be with ICT is being chucked by Swindon. I would take him in the hlding mid role. Always thought he was good. We won't see anything happen though until things are sorted.

Apparently we've signed a 16 year old on a 3 year deal. Played well in the Renfrewshire cup semi, welcome aboard, Lewis :)

Hamilton Teenager Signs For St Mirren.

A HAMILTON teenager has been told he can go far in football – but it’s up to him to grab his chance.

Former Holy Cross pupil Lewis McLear (16) has signed a three-year contract at St Mirren after impressing coaches who asked him in for a trial.

The former Mill United and Celtic Boys’ Club youngster will be used primarily for under-17, 19 and 20 games at the Paisley club, but youth development chief David Longwell says it’s up to Lewis how well it goes for him.

He said: “I wouldn’t have signed Lewis if I didn’t think he was good enough.

“Wee Lewis is a young kid that we looked at and brought back in, and he has done very well in a full-time environment.

“He’s good technically and can play anywhere across the midfield.

“He’s good going forward and as a box-to-box player.

“We’ve given him a contract that will give Lewis another year at under-17s and under-19s, and he will be eligible for the new under-20s league.

“He has a lot of potential and it’s down to him to keep his feet on the ground and keep working hard – and who knows where it can take him.

“He’ll certainly get an opportunity with us.”

Lewis’s dad Frank (49) is delighted with the opportunity.

He said: “We’re over the moon and really happy with it; the whole family is delighted.

“We’re from Whitehill so it’s some achievement, especially at 16, and for Lewis to get picked up as quickly was great too.

“Lewis wants to go all the way and he’s good enough – there are high expectations for him.

“A lot of clubs were interested in him but we’re happy that he’s at St Mirren, because of the type of football they play.

“They like to play from the back, through the midfield, and that suits him.

“St Mirren are one of the best clubs for youth policy in the SPL, and are as good as the Old Firm in that regard, with their own facility and things like that.”

Couldn't blame Gowser if he was putting out the feelers. The Scottish game is f'k'd and I wouldn't be surprised if we end up trying to renegotiate the players contracts after the SPL revenues get sorted out. It's hard enough when you are a fan, but if you were a player like gowser who just wants to enjoy your football, and your income depends upon it....it must be very tempting to do a bluto.

According to PDE , Paul McGowan being touted round English clubs by mystery agent !

This is the kind of news i was dreading, its no suprise really though, a few other will probably follow him. its goin to be a long hard season for us and another relegation battle will probably be on the cards. This is the 1st season in a long time that im not actually looking forward to and cant be arsed, the whole league is a joke, scunnered with the whole rangers and spl fiasco and past caring. Last season was a success for us but it looks like its going to be 1 step forward and 2 steps back for us because of this rangers and spl farce.

roll on marmaris in 2 weeks time.

Apparently we've signed a 16 year old on a 3 year deal. Played well in the Renfrewshire cup semi, welcome aboard, Lewis smile.png

Hamilton Teenager Signs For St Mirren.

A HAMILTON teenager has been told he can go far in football – but it's up to him to grab his chance.

Former Holy Cross pupil Lewis McLear (16) has signed a three-year contract at St Mirren after impressing coaches who asked him in for a trial.

The former Mill United and Celtic Boys' Club youngster will be used primarily for under-17, 19 and 20 games at the Paisley club, but youth development chief David Longwell says it's up to Lewis how well it goes for him.

He said: "I wouldn't have signed Lewis if I didn't think he was good enough.

"Wee Lewis is a young kid that we looked at and brought back in, and he has done very well in a full-time environment.

"He's good technically and can play anywhere across the midfield.

"He's good going forward and as a box-to-box player.

"We've given him a contract that will give Lewis another year at under-17s and under-19s, and he will be eligible for the new under-20s league.

"He has a lot of potential and it's down to him to keep his feet on the ground and keep working hard – and who knows where it can take him.

"He'll certainly get an opportunity with us."

Lewis's dad Frank (49) is delighted with the opportunity.

He said: "We're over the moon and really happy with it; the whole family is delighted.

"We're from Whitehill so it's some achievement, especially at 16, and for Lewis to get picked up as quickly was great too.

"Lewis wants to go all the way and he's good enough – there are high expectations for him.

"A lot of clubs were interested in him but we're happy that he's at St Mirren, because of the type of football they play.

"They like to play from the back, through the midfield, and that suits him.

"St Mirren are one of the best clubs for youth policy in the SPL, and are as good as the Old Firm in that regard, with their own facility and things like that."

Let's hope we can afford to keep a decent youth policy

This is the kind of news i was dreading, its no suprise really though, a few other will probably follow him. its goin to be a long hard season for us and another relegation battle will probably be on the cards. This is the 1st season in a long time that im not actually looking forward to and cant be arsed, the whole league is a joke, scunnered with the whole rangers and spl fiasco and past caring. Last season was a success for us but it looks like its going to be 1 step forward and 2 steps back for us because of this rangers and spl farce.

roll on marmaris in 2 weeks time.

Dont forget JJ that the other teams are in the same boat so it will be an even "evener" start for us.....so here's hoping we make a good start and push on from there

enjoy your Turkey and bring back

2 blondes,200 fags,2 bottles of Smirrenoff ......and a curly wurly

• 2 weeks later...

We always knew Gowser was going to go during the 2012 - 2013 season , thats why Celtic put a sell on clause when he moved to us , great player , who I think will move on before the end of the transfer window , after a few excellent displays at the start of the season.

Carey, McGowan, McGregor and McLean could demand a decent fee.

If we were offered money for any of these players we would have taken it already. Agents will know that we just want them off the wage bill and will look to get frees for their players so they can take a bigger cut of the transfer money.

If we were offered money for any of these players we would have taken it already. Agents will know that we just want them off the wage bill and will look to get frees for their players so they can take a bigger cut of the transfer money.

In the case of Carey and McGowan we'd be as well freeing them given that Smelltic get a whopping chunk of any transfer