Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 minute ago, JM1 said:

Stelios is a decent player. Some guy but a bit prone to lapses in concentration. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if he came back but I reckon we could do better.

I don't see him as anything close to what we need.

A "bit part" player in a team widely recognised as not good enough for this league...................got disaster written all over it.

Anyway, nothing to see here, more chance of us winning the league than us signing him IMO. 

1 hour ago, JM1 said:

Stelios is a decent player. Some guy but a bit prone to lapses in concentration. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if he came back but I reckon we could do better.

Concentration was indeed the problem, not ability. I doubt that has changed over 6 months. We don't want a repeat of that mauling he got at Pittodrie.

1 hour ago, munoz said:

You could be right , but definitely no worse than some that are currently at the club.

Again, likely true but I hope we would base our signing policy on 'significantly better' rather than 'not any worse'. 

For what it's worth, though, Hodson has came into a bit of game these last few weeks so I couldn't see Stelios displacing him in any event. 

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Again, likely true but I hope we would base our signing policy on 'significantly better' rather than 'not any worse'. 

For what it's worth, though, Hodson has came into a bit of game these last few weeks so I couldn't see Stelios displacing him in any event. 

If OK's first 3 signings are anything to go by , I'd say they all meet that criteria of 'significantly better'. 

Would be surprised if there's any truth to these rumours.

2 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I would have kept Stellios as cover or both full backs , and a great option to have on the bench , when he comes of the bench he gives the crowd a lift , which potentially gives the rest of the team a lift and ups their game .

Most of us loved having Stelios - he was a character and did some very positive things - DEFENDING however, was not his strong point 

He is not a Premiership standard player...

We need to progress NOT REGRESS