Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

2 minutes ago, elvis said:

Am I missing something here have Aberdeen made a bid for him.

They want him. They will probably sell the inferior player of Lewis Ferguson for £2M but want McGrath for £250k. He is worth more than that to us. Aberdeen can f**k off.

On 6/10/2021 at 1:54 PM, magnus said:

It seems for the first time in ages we would have a squad with competition for every position.

I'm thinking we will be a sort of 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 formation with two holding midfielders and two attack minded wing backs. 

We are targeting a holding midfielder that can also slot into central defence if required. 

I think the extra height in next seasons team will allow us to make more of Shaunessys long throws. 

We have definitely kicked on as a squad, as I don't see us involved in the relegation battle. 

8 hours ago, elvis said:

Am I missing something here have Aberdeen made a bid for him.

Not sure if Aberdeen but there has definitely been at least one official bid tabled for him. 

Don't know by whom or for how much and what level of consideration it was given but it definitely was placed and I'm guessing was rejected as I heard about it around a week ago. 

4 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I'm thinking we will be a sort of 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 formation with two holding midfielders and two attack minded wing backs. 

We are targeting a holding midfielder that can also slot into central defence if required. 

I think the extra height in next seasons team will allow us to make more of Shaunessys long throws. 

We have definitely kicked on as a squad, as I don't see us involved in the relegation battle. 

Although if we lose Jamie McGrath and JDH that's arguably our 2 best players away and not replaced.

1 hour ago, magnus said:

Although if we lose Jamie McGrath and JDH that's arguably our 2 best players away and not replaced.

I really dont see JDH as one of our best players. He started brightly but was a shaddow of the player for most of his time.  I am not fussed if he goes

Has Kiltie not been brought in as an option for filling McGrath's role if he does go?
If he stays give us an option if we play 1 up from to have both likes of McGrath and Kiltie just behind to come through in attack?

29 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I really dont see JDH as one of our best players. He started brightly but was a shaddow of the player for most of his time.  I am not fussed if he goes

I wonder who classed him as a defensive midfielder. He is a tidy enough midfield player but he is not a classic defensive mid. He needs to integrate more in midfield if he is going to progress in the game. I wonder if his agent is struggling to get him a better gig promoting him in this specific position.

Jim admitted JDH's form had dropped due to having no pre season, niggling injuries and the huge number of games in Feb. JDH is an class player and should show his worth next season if we are lucky enough to keep him.

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Not sure if Aberdeen but there has definitely been at least one official bid tabled for him. 

Don't know by whom or for how much and what level of consideration it was given but it definitely was placed and I'm guessing was rejected as I heard about it around a week ago. 

Pretty sure that if the club had received an offer they would have made a statement to either tell them to bugger off or to alert other clubs to get a bidding war going. It would be odd for them to say nothing.

Mind you, I know the square root of sod all about what happens at the club so....:D

Edited by oaksoft

Dundee United, surely that is a joke? Are they not skint and appointed a cheapo manager to play the youths or have I missed something?

I'm not accepting there is any substance to that article.

Be an absolute slap in the face if he ends up there, we’ve had an offer on the table since late last year, getting fed up with it tbh, if he doesn’t want to be here then get him tae! Offer off the table, there will be much better players out there anyway.

Some agent he’s got though from holding out for a championship/LG 1 club to potentially signing for a club that finished below us last season.

Edited by mattman

With us losing Durmus and Connolly I wouldn’t be against us making a move for Matty kennedy at Aberdeen although they would probably play hard ball due to them wanting McGrath.

He was an almost every present for them last year. I personally think they have f all chance of signing McGrath from us. But if Kennedy was available yeah defo.

Unless of course Dundee United blow us out the water after landing JDH

With us losing Durmus and Connolly I wouldn’t be against us making a move for Matty kennedy at Aberdeen although they would probably play hard ball due to them wanting McGrath.

2 different matches season before last when fans were still allowed in Kennedy got the "your fuc#ing sh#te" song sung at him because well he was.

Another guy who likes a dive to con the referee and has about 2 good games a season.

It's a no from me.