Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
pozbaird

Hearts And Us.

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, W6er said:

Me too. I know it's a historical thing, but I would prefer a rivalry with Partick - they're much closer geographically and we are both the same size and live in the shadow of the Old Firm. Plus I don't like their fans - hipsters (beardy weirdies, bohemians), students and those whose sensibilities are too fragile to cope with the bigotry of the Old Firm. I really don't like Thistle, actually.

Yup, some of their fans are a bit "precious"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2020 at 8:15 AM, windae cleaner said:

Every game wee Frank got it

A mind the cup game in 86 where they booted f**k out of money and Neil Cooper went in goals.

We were surrounded by the Maroon Balloons who giving it tight to McGarvey

At the end of the game a few started to appauld the man

With shouts "No wonder you're knackered McGarvey you're carrying a whole team"

Great wee player never gave up

That was my last St. Mirren game before moving to Jersey. Sunday 9th March 1986. Left for Jersey the following Saturday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That was my last St. Mirren game before moving to Jersey. Sunday 9th March 1986. Left for Jersey the following Saturday. 

Plenty of trouble that day

Lucky my group got off at Waverly instead of Haymarket where the Hibs casuals were waiting for Saints fans getting off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

We have always been made the scapegoat for their failure against Dundee.  I was at the Celtic game and Saints fans did boo certain Saints players for their effort.:rolleyes:

I left at half time disgusted at how we were playing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

We have always been made the scapegoat for their failure against Dundee.  I was at the Celtic game and Saints fans did boo certain Saints players for their effort.:rolleyes:

I've seen us lose by 5,6 and 7 to both arse cheeks- that game was just another one of those days when we were blown away.

Back then I'd have probably preferred to see Hearts win the title,  but now knowing how much comedy that day has provided since, it's a close call. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The constant whining and conspiracy theories from them about 86 are laughable.

Simple fact  - If you need to avoid defeat in one game against a team multiple places below you in the league to become champions and you can't do it then you don't deserve to be champions.

If they are looking for someone to blame, they only need to look in the mirror.

Edited by southsidebud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prior to that game Celtic had gone 16 games unbeaten and won the last 8 on the bounce. They were a team packed with internationals. It was hardly a surprise they pumped us that day. Imagine players like McGrain, McStay, Aitken, Burns, Johnson, McClair playing today for Scotland?
 

Hearts fans also tend to forget that they had lost and drew with bottom side Clydebank that season. They were a team packed with cheating dirty cnuts. 
 

Hearts blew the league themselves. Fcuk them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me as a Scottish Football fan, I had always wished that Hearts had won the league that year - and that Aberdeen had managed to get the draw at Ibrox on the last day in the early 90s - probably the two nearest misses since the last non OF win.

After realising all the bile and vilification that has been coming our way on 86 (I admit I was ignorant on the scale until recently) - I am now glad they blew it. It was in their own hands. 

To paraphrase Yflab above - Feck 'em

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I left at half time disgusted at how we were playing. 

I told my mate a big Celtic fan  what the score would be that day as soon as I found out we were playing Jim Stewart in goals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, elvis said:

I told my mate a big Celtic fan  what the score would be that day as soon as I found out we were playing Jim Stewart in goals. 

You must have been surprised that we only conceded 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh big Jon Jon Obika

nearly made me a streaker

When big big Jon Obika put the ball in the Hearts net

Oh wee Annie Anne

She said she widnae Budge

But along came Jon Obika

Her plans did turn tae fudge

Big Jon Jon Obika

of Hearts he did get rid

What an assist by the old Covid

Now Hearts they are full of intrigue

as they try and fix the league

But chances are rather sparse

Cos big Jon Jon Obika he dumped then on there arse

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Oh big Jon Jon Obika

nearly made me a streaker

When big big Jon Obika put the ball in the Hearts net

Oh wee Annie Anne

She said she widnae Budge

But along came Jon Obika

Her plans did turn tae fudge

Big Jon Jon Obika

of Hearts he did get rid

What an assist by the old Covid

Now Hearts they are full of intrigue

as they try and fix the league

But chances are rather sparse

Cos big Jon Jon Obika he dumped then on there arse

 

Tam, oh Tam, it's so bad it's almost good.

Well done, well done indeed. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...