Next St Mirren Manager

Despite him having them safe initially. Boost. Drop. Point?

If I was appointing Butcher it would be for his track record of being able to build a team that it is competitive at an SPL level on a small budget like ours and being able to discover decent additions to a squad that aren't on other SPL team's radar. He also knew when to say to some long serving ICT stalwarts their time was up as first team players and a few moved to Ross County and ICT brought in new players and finished the next season 4th instead of 9th the previous season. It took him a year to turn ICT round from the squad he inherited - 2 transfer windows.

I don't think there's any deal on the table

Doesn't matter who's in the boardroom

We need new players in this week pronto

Atleast 2 new signings must be brought in this week, if we don't bring in new players Ross county will beat us, no doubt about it.

just heard Gary Teale say on sportscene "there was nothing in the game" there is the reason he should not be given the job, did he seriously think that it was 50-50 yesterday

Of course, if you actually listened to what he said he thought there was nothing in the game up until the goal.

Which there wasn't.

Of course, if you actually listened to what he said he thought there was nothing in the game up until the goal.

Which there wasn't.

The Sportsound chunderers (inc Willie Monotone) thought Saints were the better side before the goal, which they referred to as coming against the run of play.

Which there wasn't.

ok might have spoke too soon, he said "to me there was nothing in the game, nothing in the game at all up until the first goal" so what did he do about it ? we were never in the game after that goal - is that what he means

Edited by buddiecat

The Sportsound chunderers (inc Willie Monotone) thought Saints were the better side before the goal, which they referred to as coming against the run of play.

I have heard that so many times about Saints when they are up against a "bigger " team. .

I'd be happy enough if we were never in the f**king game but managed to scrap 1-0 victory after a controversial goal in the 91st minute , that somehow ricocheted aff Derek McInnes's heed before trickling over the line. .

I have heard that so many times about Saints when they are up against a "bigger " team. .

I'd be happy enough if we were never in the f**king game but managed to scrap 1-0 victory after a controversial goal in the 91st minute , that somehow ricocheted aff Derek McInnes's heed before trickling over the line. .

There are a lot of similarities between Scotland and St Mirren Neil

I would imagine that Gary Teales record of five deteats in six matches will be enough to see him appointed as next manager.Long past caring these days, but has the Saints chairman had anything to say about the most recent form and lack of player movement I wonder ?

Not much point in going over old ground about the disastrous choice of Craig as manager, I think most fans had this sussed out many months ago, but there appears to have been no effort to try and explain the boards latest mistake. Perhaps they are like me and have given up caring.

I endured watching most of the game on BBC Alba on Saturday and the empty stands are testament to how most feel about the current plight.

Ive even heard that they are still charging £20 a time for entry and making every game all ticket, lol. Thats only £220 per home point, what a bargain, lol.

Who'd have believed just 2 years ago that we'd have sacked our Cup winning manager, replaced him with his doddery old assistant, sacked him and would sit managerless 5 weeks on from that half way through a desperately needed transfer window while Hamilton Accies would be 28 points in front of us weighing up 70 applications including a former World Cup Winner.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30838261

Crazy and depressing...how the hell did we get here
?