Adam Campbell Day - Killie Away

Bud the Baker

This transfer window is crucial as it is obvious we need better quality to come on and prevent us losing. It sounds like a number of our top players are suffering from exhaustion/injury due to insufficient back up in the squad. Danny subs may be baffling at times however he doesn't have many options if things go against us. A goalkeeper like kello doesn't sign for a club if he doesn't see potential. That signing alone might suggest there are more to come. Maybe I'm trying to make myself feel better

I thought we were pretty slack throughout.We also weren't direct enough. I was getting fed up watching all sorts of f*cking about when all that was required was a ball into the box.

I think Thomas Reilly would be well advised to look at how Steven McGarry became a more effective player when he bulked up physically.

He needs to get out on loan to a championship club and regular games would improve him physically. Impossible to say if he is good enough or not from his very limited opportunities. We might have another Stevie May in our ranks of he might just be another John Baird but he needs games to show what he can do. Problem is with such a small squad it's very difficult to let anyone go but Campbell's arrival is his opportunity to go imo.

I actually counted more than two typo's... which happens when I try to post on my wee phone screen.

You have failed as chief sarcasm editor!

High horse?

I started by saying I am a massive fan of Darrens. It's ok to say that but not criticise a very poor performance?

Maybe the concept of a discussion forum is alien to you?

So what your saying is it's ok for you to criticise Darren Mcgregor but not ok for me to criticise you? That means it's not a discussion forum we are on but you being a dictator telling people what they can & can't do. Your "excuse" for spelling mistakes was your "wee phone screen" Darren can't use that excuse for his poor performance so maybe he put his boots on the wrong feet, maybe he had a migraine, maybe he was drunk from 36 hours before nobody knows there were 14 players out there today over course of the match & i don't seem to remember any of them being directly responsible for the goal we lost at the end. 99% of goals are not down to individual errors.

Only one point from two games against two of the poorer sides in the league after taking early leads is a tad disappointing. A very healthy away support but sadly no result. Bring on the hoops!

Agreed.

Takes the shine of 3 points from Dundee United which really weren't expected.

Should/could have built on this but haven't, disappointing at least.

So what your saying is it's ok for you to criticise Darren Mcgregor but not ok for me to criticise you? That means it's not a discussion forum we are on but you being a dictator telling people what they can & can't do. Your "excuse" for spelling mistakes was your "wee phone screen" Darren can't use that excuse for his poor performance so maybe he put his boots on the wrong feet, maybe he had a migraine, maybe he was drunk from 36 hours before nobody knows there were 14 players out there today over course of the match & i don't seem to remember any of them being directly responsible for the goal we lost at the end. 99% of goals are not down to individual errors.

We must be close. whistling.gif

He needs to get out on loan to a championship club and regular games would improve him physically. Impossible to say if he is good enough or not from his very limited opportunities. We might have another Stevie May in our ranks of he might just be another John Baird but he needs games to show what he can do. Problem is with such a small squad it's very difficult to let anyone go but Campbell's arrival is his opportunity to go imo.

Absolutely agree with this. To be honest, in the numerous times I've seen Reilly come on I've yet to see him make any sort of impact or demonstrate that he has what it takes to play at SPL level. Yes, the boy is very young and I'm not writing him off, but he would benefit enormously from playing 1st team football against no nonsense defenders. It certainly worked for McLean when he went out to Arbroath (if I remember correctly) and McShane at Dumbarton (although the less said the better about how he fared as a Saints 1st teamer...).

As someone pointed out on the bus home - How could Kris Boyd have outpaced our defenders to score the winner !!

Scandal that we left rugby park with nothing should have had at least a point on the board and would have remained 2 above Kilmarnock instead of one behind now

Poor show im afraid - on a plus point campbell took his goal well and looks lively hopefully he will do well for us, sadly on the subs bench we have nothing impact wise coming on to win a game young reilly and harkins just dont cut it.

The hawk never kicked his own arse today , could and probably should have been subbed much earlier !

I was merely asking the question as I was not at the game today. Just wondered what the reported booing was all about. Its clear now though that it wasn't coming from the Saints fans

Yup , and if it's a play off we're doomed ! Hope Partick remain mince !

Knickerwetter.There is no way we will be in playoffs -Ross County are awful. They only beat Inverness yesterday because Yogi Hughes has finally got his tactics across to the Caley side.

Poor show today , plenty of the ball but never really looked like we were going to do anything with it. Kilmarnock are god awful , Boyd aside , they haven't got one player I would want in our jersey. Pass marks to McGinn , Campbell, Kello and maybe Naismith. Cheesey and McGregor were all at sea on various occasions in the 2nd half , culminating in the goal , the protection Goodwin offers when sitting in front of them was sorely missed.

Better not say that, the Goodwin boo boys will be after you.

Knickerwetter.There is no way we will be in playoffs -Ross County are awful. They only beat Inverness yesterday because Yogi Hughes has finally got his tactics across to the Caley side.

Not that old knickerwetter cliché , come up with some other idea ! happy.png Anyway , if County bring in a few others with the capabilities of Big Slew then they'll be up the league pronto !

That was a huge let down today, we travelled down in good numbers nearly 1500 and the players let us down badly with a honking performance. If we turn up against the green vermin with a similar performance then I'm afraid it will end up a cricket score.

What makes it worse is that Kilmarnock were actually a very poor side who never looked like scoring a winner, up until Cheesy made his monumental f**k up.

Pissed off and away to have a wee dram and calm down.

Really tough couple of games coming up now. Ra Sellick at home then Sainteee away, who have a fantastic record and McDiarmid, while we are terrible away.

Would hate to see us get dragged back down to County and Thistles position but it's not looking unlikely sadly.

Every time we seem ready to kick on and challenge the heady heights of mid table we mess up. Been the story of Danny's 4 seasons in charge actually.

thanks for the laugh... ... lol.gif

You picked up on one part of my post... me pointing that out hardly makes me a dictator.

I am certainly not telling you what not to do... your posts are funny!

In all honesty were going nowhere. We won't go down but we won't be anywhere near top six. Danny doesn't seem capable of assembling a squad that can win more than they lose. We're now 9th and I can see a wee battle with killie to get 8th as being the best we can hope for. The worst being a playoff which I think we will avoid. Not too much to get enthused about a honking performance today that sees us now have one win in six. The team is not good enough but we will have folk on here who say I'm out of order. When you see McGinn limp of only to be replaced by Reilly you kinda know it's not going to end well. Anyhow I think that despite a good wee spell in November when we beat some teams everyone beats it's been pretty rubbish. Away defeats at pittodrie , fir park and now Kilmarnock are bad but failing to beat hibs, ict and a dreadful hearts means the top six is not a possibility. To be top six you need to win home games. It's a shame were struggling cos it did look better for a while but with celtic at home then away days to Perth and Edinburgh respectively It's going to be tough

Edited by norrie82

Really tough couple of games coming up now. Ra Sellick at home then Sainteee away, who have a fantastic record and McDiarmid, while we are terrible away.Would hate to see us get dragged back down to County and Thistles position but it's not looking unlikely sadly.Every time we seem ready to kick on and challenge the heady heights of mid table we mess up. Been the story of Danny's 4 seasons in charge actually.

It's been the story for a hell of a lot longer than that.

In all honesty were going nowhere. We won't go down but we won't be anywhere near top six. Danny doesn't seem capable of assembling a squad that can win more than they lose. We're now 9th and I can see a wee battle with killie to get 8th as being the best we can hope for. The worst being a playoff which I think we will avoid. Not too much to get enthused about a honking performance today that sees us now have one win in six. The team is not good enough but we will have folk on here who say I'm out of order. When you see McGinn limp of only to be replaced by Reilly you kinda know it's not going to end well. Anyhow I think that despite a good we spell in November when we beat some teams everyone beats it's been pretty rubbish. Away defeats at pittodrie , fir park and now Kilmarnock are bad but failing to beat hibs, ict and a dreadful hearts means the top six is not a possibility. To be top six you need to win home games. It's a shame were struggling cos it did look better for a while but with celtic at home then away days to Perth and Edinburgh respectively It's going to be tough

a succinct post that perfectly sums up our position

excellent

In all honesty were going nowhere. We won't go down but we won't be anywhere near top six. Danny doesn't seem capable of assembling a squad that can win more than they lose. We're now 9th and I can see a wee battle with killie to get 8th as being the best we can hope for. The worst being a playoff which I think we will avoid. Not too much to get enthused about a honking performance today that sees us now have one win in six. The team is not good enough but we will have folk on here who say I'm out of order. When you see McGinn limp of only to be replaced by Reilly you kinda know it's not going to end well. Anyhow I think that despite a good we spell in November when we beat some teams everyone beats it's been pretty rubbish. Away defeats at pittodrie , fir park and now Kilmarnock are bad but failing to beat hibs, ict and a dreadful hearts means the top six is not a possibility. To be top six you need to win home games. It's a shame were struggling cos it did look better for a while but with celtic at home then away days to Perth and Edinburgh respectively It's going to be tough

I think we need a bit of a reality check., here. When was the last time we won more than we lost? We're a small club, not destined to be among the top teams in Scotland. If we can at least challenge for a top six place and have the odd good cup run, then that's it, guys. Wake up.

I think we need a bit of a reality check., here. When was the last time we won more than we lost? We're a small club, not destined to be among the top teams in Scotland. If we can at least challenge for a top six place and have the odd good cup run, then that's it, guys. Wake up.

Why is that it? Dunfermline were an established SPL club and are now skint and below us. Hearts are fcuked and below us. The Rangers are fcuked and are below us. Falkirk and Hamilton quietly slipped away while we retained SPL status and won a cup. For a good while under Paw Broon and Fenlon, we looked better than both Aberdeen and Hibs. Our current squad looks better than Ross County, Partick, Kilmarnock and doesn't look too shabby when compared to St Johnstone's.

Point being - yes we are a small club, but are in a better place than many. I see no reason why we shouldn't be a club that can mix it with the likes of Motherwell and Dundee United aiming for the 'best of the rest', rather than accepting 'our fate' of being perennial relegation dogfighters 'lucky to be here' and displaying an attitude that we can never aspire to, or reach, a higher level.

Looks like McInnes and Butcher are stamping their mark on previously poor sides, maybe this is where our problem lies.