Lennon Out

Vince all the players think Danny is a Bloon, it's time to wake up and smell the coffee, Lennons time is up. Paisley panda has better tactical knowledge.

FFS! More Clairvoyance! Took up that offer yet Mystic Meg?

Our board would do well to take a leaf out of Turnbull Hutton's book...

http://www.raithrovers.net/13191/dont-panic.htm

Magnificent statement from the Raith Rovers Charman:

DON’T PANIC………..

Saturday February 22nd 2014

Those of us old enough to have watched ‘Dad’s Army’ first time round must surely have been influenced by Jonesy’s cry of ‘Don’t panic……’

I sometimes muse as to whether or not this mantra does not apply to football supporters generally or, perhaps, our supporters specifically.

Depending on our result, we can be sure of one thing: a massive over-reaction to events on the field.

This can be positive…….we could win the Scottish Cup and the Ramsdens Cup, or it can be totally negative – we’re heading to the seaside league, the management team should be sacked, the Board should resign, the players are hopeless. Does this ring any bells? Anyone out there recognise themselves?

So, let’s take a deep breath and consider things for a moment. When the Club was in the course of being ‘reclaimed,’ I seem to recall that it mattered not what division we were in, nor what kind of team we put on the park. The most important thing was that we still had a club to support.

Survival from that period onwards meant trying to get finances and debt under control. It became a balancing act between what resources we could put behind the team and what we had to spend on a crumbling stadium, as well as – at the same time – having some kind of product on the pitch that supporters could get enthused about. Put all these issues together and, I agree, it is sometimes difficult not to panic!

Roll the clock forward to 2014. We’re in a cup final, we’re in the quarter final of the Scottish Cup, we’re in the second tier of Scottish Football and we’re in a really competitive league, with only a handful of points separating seven or eight teams. We’ve lost key players to long-term injuries. We’ve lost games we all felt we could have won. We’ve won games that maybe we felt we were lucky to do so. Bottom line is that we are where we are and we just need to get on with it.

I was always brought up to believe that the real football supporter got behind the local club. If a so-called supporter wanted to celebrate victories week in week out, regular cup final appearances, bragging rights etc. etc., then you followed Rangers, Celtic or Manchester United from afar. The rest of us had a different perspective……successes came along only occasionally and, therefore, became milestone events.

Easter Road on the 8th February. Memorable, pleasing……one for us all to remember. Pittodrie a few seasons back – exactly the same. On the other hand, remember the abysmal cup defeats away to Queens Park or at home to Dumbarton, or a Boxing Day humping at Berwick, a midweek hammering at Forfar and the result at Cowdenbeath a week or two back – miserable, depressing, but let’s not do a Jonesy.

This is Raith Rovers. We are Raith Rovers. This is the joy and delight (should this be ‘the agony and the ecstasty’ in here?) – in equal measures – of supporting our team. We will have bad days. Bad decisions – only with the benefit of hindsight – will be made. We will experience the highs and lows as generations of Rovers fans have done over the years. It is our place in the grand scheme of things. We know that this week’s villain will be next week’s hero – and vice versa!

This may be the time to address another urban myth that seems to have surfaced over the last month or two, the one that suggests we have a grand plan of not wanting promotion. We have NEVER, during my time with the Club, taken a view that we would not want to progress if we were good enough. What we have done is avoid throwing money we do not have at some flight of fancy. Our target this season was a top four finish and then to take it from there. Our cup runs are a bonus. We will be disappointed if we do not make the top four. However, we will all buckle down to make the best of where we end up. We’ll continue to pay our dues, make the right decisions as we see them and not be deflected by either short-term panic or mass hysteria, based on the most recent setback.

I started this with a reference to Jonesy. I should finish with a reference to Private Frazer – he who preached, “We’re DOOMED.” I guess we should define doomed…….. Is that doomed totally, as in not having a club to support at all? Or is it merely not doing as well as we thought we should? Or is it that every other club in our current league probably has the exact same hopes and aspirations as we have? It’s called competition. There are winners and losers. That’s life, folks. Get used to it.

Remember Easter Road? An inspired, fighting performance with a depleted team. An incredible away support, behind that team to a man. The post match joy and delight.

Let’s build on that. Let’s not dwell overlong on the disappointments we all feel. I’m neither in panic mode or doom mode. I could be but that just ain’t gonna solve anything. Fasten the seat belts, it could be a bumpy ride. It has been throughout the Club’s history.

After all, we are the Mighty Rovers.

Enjoy the game.

Captain Mainwaring

(aka Turnbull Hutton)

DG, I agree with virtually everything you post on here, but the idea that it's the fans' money is wide of the mark.

Without wishing to go all Tedious Tom, as a fan of St Mirren, one chooses to take part in a commercial transaction in exchange for 90 minutes' worth of 'entertainment'. At no point is it implied that the money you give as part of this deal remains yours, to be redistributed/invested on your behalf.

The fans continually invest week after week, year after year. There's also another 48% shareholders out there.

The board are elected to spend the money on behalf of the entire shareholding, that's the main point I was making.

It's not all their money either.

FFS! More Clairvoyance! Took up that offer yet Mystic Meg? Magnificent statement from the Raith Rovers Charman:DON’T PANIC………..Saturday February 22nd 2014Those of us old enough to have watched ‘Dad’s Army’ first time round must surely have been influenced by Jonesy’s cry of ‘Don’t panic……’I sometimes muse as to whether or not this mantra does not apply to football supporters generally or, perhaps, our supporters specifically.Depending on our result, we can be sure of one thing: a massive over-reaction to events on the field.This can be positive…….we could win the Scottish Cup and the Ramsdens Cup, or it can be totally negative – we’re heading to the seaside league, the management team should be sacked, the Board should resign, the players are hopeless. Does this ring any bells? Anyone out there recognise themselves?So, let’s take a deep breath and consider things for a moment. When the Club was in the course of being ‘reclaimed,’ I seem to recall that it mattered not what division we were in, nor what kind of team we put on the park. The most important thing was that we still had a club to support.Survival from that period onwards meant trying to get finances and debt under control. It became a balancing act between what resources we could put behind the team and what we had to spend on a crumbling stadium, as well as – at the same time – having some kind of product on the pitch that supporters could get enthused about. Put all these issues together and, I agree, it is sometimes difficult not to panic!Roll the clock forward to 2014. We’re in a cup final, we’re in the quarter final of the Scottish Cup, we’re in the second tier of Scottish Football and we’re in a really competitive league, with only a handful of points separating seven or eight teams. We’ve lost key players to long-term injuries. We’ve lost games we all felt we could have won. We’ve won games that maybe we felt we were lucky to do so. Bottom line is that we are where we are and we just need to get on with it.I was always brought up to believe that the real football supporter got behind the local club. If a so-called supporter wanted to celebrate victories week in week out, regular cup final appearances, bragging rights etc. etc., then you followed Rangers, Celtic or Manchester United from afar. The rest of us had a different perspective……successes came along only occasionally and, therefore, became milestone events.Easter Road on the 8th February. Memorable, pleasing……one for us all to remember. Pittodrie a few seasons back – exactly the same. On the other hand, remember the abysmal cup defeats away to Queens Park or at home to Dumbarton, or a Boxing Day humping at Berwick, a midweek hammering at Forfar and the result at Cowdenbeath a week or two back – miserable, depressing, but let’s not do a Jonesy.This is Raith Rovers. We are Raith Rovers. This is the joy and delight (should this be ‘the agony and the ecstasty’ in here?) – in equal measures – of supporting our team. We will have bad days. Bad decisions – only with the benefit of hindsight – will be made. We will experience the highs and lows as generations of Rovers fans have done over the years. It is our place in the grand scheme of things. We know that this week’s villain will be next week’s hero – and vice versa!This may be the time to address another urban myth that seems to have surfaced over the last month or two, the one that suggests we have a grand plan of not wanting promotion. We have NEVER, during my time with the Club, taken a view that we would not want to progress if we were good enough. What we have done is avoid throwing money we do not have at some flight of fancy. Our target this season was a top four finish and then to take it from there. Our cup runs are a bonus. We will be disappointed if we do not make the top four. However, we will all buckle down to make the best of where we end up. We’ll continue to pay our dues, make the right decisions as we see them and not be deflected by either short-term panic or mass hysteria, based on the most recent setback.I started this with a reference to Jonesy. I should finish with a reference to Private Frazer – he who preached, “We’re DOOMED.” I guess we should define doomed…….. Is that doomed totally, as in not having a club to support at all? Or is it merely not doing as well as we thought we should? Or is it that every other club in our current league probably has the exact same hopes and aspirations as we have? It’s called competition. There are winners and losers. That’s life, folks. Get used to it.Remember Easter Road? An inspired, fighting performance with a depleted team. An incredible away support, behind that team to a man. The post match joy and delight.Let’s build on that. Let’s not dwell overlong on the disappointments we all feel. I’m neither in panic mode or doom mode. I could be but that just ain’t gonna solve anything. Fasten the seat belts, it could be a bumpy ride. It has been throughout the Club’s history.After all, we are the Mighty Rovers.Enjoy the game.Captain Mainwaring(aka Turnbull Hutton)

I came on here, knowing the paranoia would be strong for this one, intending to post the above.

If people don't want an 'entertaining' ride it would be easier to support Shellic or Man U or Sevco...

Wait a minute.... :unsure:

In my opinion, changing management now would not increase our chances of staying up.

Danny Lennon is not the right manager for the club and he hasn't been since 2011 in my opinion, but it's too late to sack him this season.

If we do go down I want it on his CV, I don't want a patsy coming in and taking the hit for him.

Coming from a guy who's denied any agenda and sticks to his "opinion" through 2 of the most successful season the club has had and sticks the knife in by wanting us, if we go down, to be on Lennon's CV.

Supporter or vindictive individual, you decide. thumbdown.gif

Just watched the game on bbc hoochtiechoochtie.

Was a 50-50 with both players eying the ball. Goodwin ended the game with an egg on his head!

Adams has it in for Goodie and was well out of order. Danny was right in telling him where to stick his opinion.

Interestingly... at the time we appointed Lennon I was touting Adams for the job. I even shared a table with him at a football do and thought he was a real gent.

Can I now apologise.

Too late for that now, Adams is the new "Rat-Faced-Reid". .

kkpazUM.gif

whilst it is easy to point the finger at Lennon (and he is culpable - that cannot be denied) he ahs monumentally f**ked up at least 2 transfer windows - Last summer was a monumental f**k-up - Where is Gilmour - is he dead/ Struck dumb. This is a point in time where we need leadership - and non is forthcoming. The club is being seriously mismanaged at every level.

Lennon is not doing his job (unless his job is to have us relegated, in which case he is on a serious bonus payment).

Gilmour - please tell us what is happening, are you trying to throw away 15 years of hard work. Do we seriously went to be in the ginger bottle league, regular trips to Falkirk, Cowdenbeath, Alloa etc?

Get this sorted

Lennon thinks we haven't clicked yet! Sorry Danny but it's you that hasn't clicked. His post match interviews used to be mildly entertaining now it's quite sad to hear a very honest man sounding delusional. The worry for me is we do tend to either sack managers when they are being successful or wait until it's too late to sack the ones like danny who have totally lost the place. It's natural to feel sorry for him and no one wants to see anyone out of a job but we need to act while there is still time.

Lennon thinks we haven't clicked yet! Sorry Danny but it's you that hasn't clicked. His post match interviews used to be mildly entertaining now it's quite sad to hear a very honest man sounding delusional. The worry for me is we do tend to either sack managers when they are being successful or wait until it's too late to sack the ones like danny who have totally lost the place. It's natural to feel sorry for him and no one wants to see anyone out of a job but we need to act while there is still time.

But every other team around us has clicked. Who is to blame for the lack of clicking?

I came on here, knowing the paranoia would be strong for this one, intending to post the above.

If people don't want an 'entertaining' ride it would be easier to support Shellic or Man U or Sevco...

Wait a minute.... :unsure:

I agree with the sentiment here and actually loved Hutton's piece, however, I remember the last two relegations clearly and neither felt particularly good.

Yeah, we're a wee club that will have its ups and downs but if we can see one of those downs on the horizon and do something to stop it happening then shouldn't we?

When we dropped out of the original Premier Division I didn't think there was anything that could be done. We were rubbish and the writing was on the wall throughout that season. When TH took us down we were all screaming for Big Yards to be let loose through the middle and by the time he woke up to it and we won some games it was too late ( and that cheatin 'c**t Main sent us down)!

Thing is, I still believe we have enough about us to get out of this but we need a result soon. Momentum is everything in sports and Lennon was responsible for us losing the momentum we had at the tail end of the year with his inexplicable personnel decisions v Hearts.

We need to get a settled formation that plays people in their proper positions and provides us with an opportunity to get forward and score goals and he needs to get some fire in his belly and motivate this bunch (who are the real problem BTW) to get the results necessary between now and the end of the season.

Relegation would be a f**king disaster this year as we'd stand next to no chance of getting out of that league next year with a stronger Hearts and Sevco in it.

Changes need to be made or changes need to be made.

I agree with the sentiment here and actually loved Hutton's piece,

Hutton would be singing a different tune if it was Raith , and not us , who were sitting 11th in Premiership. He/they would be doing all in their power to avoid the drop. So comparing us with a mid-table Championship club who are still in recovery is way wide of the mark ! We've done the recovery bit , now we need to preserve our status !

Hutton would be singing a different tune if it was Raith , and not us , who were sitting 11th in Premiership. He/they would be doing all in their power to avoid the drop. So comparing us with a mid-table Championship club who are still in recovery is way wide of the mark ! We've done the recovery bit , now we need to preserve our status !

I don't disagree with that but I think Hutton captured the essence of being a "diddly team" pretty well.

Ive never been Danny's biggest fan. A lot of folk mention he is a nice guy, which he is,but being nice or not, he is a lost cause now. Seeing him sit in the dugout with his hands in his pockets and a look of disinterest shows that the guy is resigned to either jumping or being given the shove.

He's had time to try new (and sometimes bewildering) set up's and formations which havent worked, the team seem to have no connection with him now and his post match and newspaper interviews, are increasing becoming like the pished ramblings of a grandad who's had a spot to much of the good sherry! and the referring to himself in the third person- STOP IT!

Another problem, the BOD seem reluctant to fart a nugget, so unlikely they will shove him as they will need to pay him until the end of the season, as per his contract, and if they get someone in, thats another wage they will have to pay, and even if they are prepared to, who can we get that will be able to reverse some of the damage.

Im lost on what can be done, and its hurting to watch us getting humped on a regular basis.

Think it's time we hear from the board and see what they have to say, but seems we hear he-haw unless it suits them.

Sorry guys, rant over

I've been on here for over a year, just post when I'm pissed off. Hence 130 odd posts only. But it's no surprise to see so many new members on - people are struggling to make their emotion heard. End of the day the thing is we all care deeply and don't want to see our club go down the swannie. I agree there are way more important things in life but we are on here to discuss SMFC and it hurts.

I actually feel for DL, despite his utterly baffling tactics, shocking transfers and his tedious post match interview routine that we hear every single week. He's been made the scapegoat during what has been a terrible calendar year in the league for the club. The players, the directors, the backroom staff all have to take part of the blame as well as the manager himself. It's not just DL making mistakes.

Our current squad of players is on par with a lot of top six sides. This team should be winning games regardless of the managers' tactics/team talks. Most players are being played in their preferred positions and are being paid good wages to give 100% on the pitch no matter who the manager is. That's the thing that disappoints me most; as supporters, we're paying their wages to travel up and down the country to watch them put in half arsed performances week after week. It's completely unacceptable. The least they could give us is a full bloodied effort.

Danny, roll up your sleeves. Get off that f**king bench on Saturday and show us if you want to be here or not and you make sure that the players follow suit. As far as my support goes for him, Saturday is last chance saloon.

Each and every member of that squad/staff are fighting for their futures and for the future of our club. It's not just Danny who should be getting the boot if we continue this form for the remainder of the season.

The only players we have that have been showing some sort of fight in recent games are Marian Kello and John McGinn.

It would be good to hear from someone (SG) on the current issues. That's a big part of the problem for me, no communication from the club other than Danny's sad and repetitive post match guff. I wonder if either are on here under some alias? If so please talk to us!

Only seem to see SG have a peek from out the door of his bullet-proof bolthole. Think as much as us think Danny should move on, a lot of post seem to not refer to the BOB or SG that much. In my opinion, they arent free from blame regarding the current situation we are in

Only seem to see SG have a peek from out the door of his bullet-proof bolthole. Think as much as us think Danny should move on, a lot of post seem to not refer to the BOB or SG that much. In my opinion, they arent free from blame regarding the current situation we are in

We're in this mess because of the board. They saved the club before and thank you for that. However if we always buy cheap _you buy twice. I suspect Lennon was cheap but might have got better. He hasn't and it's time he moved on. Thanks but see you later.

I actually feel for DL, despite his utterly baffling tactics, shocking transfers and his tedious post match interview routine that we hear every single week. He's been made the scapegoat during what has been a terrible calendar year in the league for the club. The players, the directors, the backroom staff all have to take part of the blame as well as the manager himself. It's not just DL making mistakes.

Our current squad of players is on par with a lot of top six sides. This team should be winning games regardless of the managers' tactics/team talks. Most players are being played in their preferred positions and are being paid good wages to give 100% on the pitch no matter who the manager is. That's the thing that disappoints me most; as supporters, we're paying their wages to travel up and down the country to watch them put in half arsed performances week after week. It's completely unacceptable. The least they could give us is a full bloodied effort.

Danny, roll up your sleeves. Get off that f**king bench on Saturday and show us if you want to be here or not and you make sure that the players follow suit. As far as my support goes for him, Saturday is last chance saloon.

Each and every member of that squad/staff are fighting for their futures and for the future of our club. It's not just Danny who should be getting the boot if we continue this form for the remainder of the season.

The only players we have that have been showing some sort of fight in recent games are Marian Kello and John McGinn.

for a change danny was out of the dugout quite a lot yesterday,but no obvious difference,so that kind of blows any theory that standing in the technical area will make a difference,if you don't know what you are doing then it doesn't really matter if you are sitting ,standing ,hiding, ranting ,

Budgeted for it wasn't the question.

Someone else's money, why would the say that? Because it is all of our money.

Let's not forget, the board are nominated to spend our money.

I agree though, budgeting to break even isn't good. Think we had £10k cash in hand last time the accounts we're done (if not, year before). For someone with no credit facilities this is crazy.

Yes it is crazy and I've been bleating on about that since Rangers went bust.

It's fecking lunacy TBH and we are now seeing one example of the possible downside of what is essentially financial mismanagement.

Like it or not, we're stuck with Danny.

On your point about whose money it is?

It would be our money if there was budgetary room for it but somebody went and spent it all.

Therefore any payoff to Danny would not be from our money - it would need someone else to pay for it.

If we honoured their current contracts and paid Thommo some extra money to take us to the end of the season it would hardly break the bank. If you want to talk about a waste of money I give you Bahookie, Harkins, Grainger to name but a few.

Again I'm not disagreeing with you about some of these players.

I'm simply stating that it requires someone other than fans to stum,p up the cash for a dismissal.

You don't even know how much it would cost.

Phrases like "it would hardly break the bank" are easy to say when it's someone else whose paying.

My guess is that it would cost a 4 figure sum minimum.

Do you have that amount lying around?

I thought you were going out for the night and had already forgotten about today?

IF we lose to Killie next week then we'll have taken 2 points from 21 against other teams in the bottom six since the 29th December.

Assuming we don't all have your zen like " relegation comes to all, as soon as you accept it you will be at peace" outlook on life you'll excuse a few of us for thinking this is completely unacceptable even if it's not our money.

By the way, how do you think the guy who does control the purse strings feels at the thought of his investment going tits up, as it will if we take the drop?

As shull would say "f**kem" After all thats what there saying to us by not getting rid.

No point sacking Lennon. Too late. Need to get back to basics, players in right places. Two absolute transfer window disasters; reliance on loan signings and Lennon's tinkering with positions has resulted in this freefall lasting best part of a year. If it wasn't for McGinn and Thompson we would be relegated already.

McGinn, Thompson and Kello to be fair. Kello's arrival has thrown into even sharper focus what an absolute dereliction of duty was performed by the board of directors and manager in the summer. They thought it was a good idea to take a top-flight team into a season with two teenage loanee goalies on the books. Edited by pozbaird