Lennon Out

Shull, if I was asked to name the most positive thinking, dyed in the wool, cup half-full, ever-faithful person on this forum......................... it would be a no brainer, you'd win hands down.

I only wish that all companies, shareholders, patrons, customers and general punters had your attitude, then all the managers / directors and company structures could make as many mistakes, howlers and tactical gaffes as they like and they'd survive (to make yet more).

The world would surely be a better place!

Danny will be gone by the end of the season, that much is clear. So why can't we just get behind him and the team for his last 7 games in charge? Surely we owe him that? Every other teams fans are getting behind their current team, so why can't we do the same? It's detrimental to our chances of staying up with everyone just moaning and complaining we're going down, 7 games (maybe 9), get behind the team.

Danny will be gone by the end of the season, that much is clear. So why can't we just get behind him and the team for his last 7 games in charge? Surely we owe him that? Every other teams fans are getting behind their current team, so why can't we do the same? It's detrimental to our chances of staying up with everyone just moaning and complaining we're going down, 7 games (maybe 9), get behind the team.

Thistle's fans are so behind thier team they managed to fill half of 1 stand for a home game last night giving the rest of the stadium to the opposition !

I'm pretty sure come the post split fixtures the away ties at Thistle and Killie will see big noisy travelling Saints supports roaring the team on regardless of who is in charge after all it's what we do.

Thistle's fans are so behind thier team they managed to fill half of 1 stand for a home game last night giving the rest of the stadium to the opposition !

Thistle moved their fans to cash in on Celtic clinching the title last night - I was there on Tuesday night but I wouldn't have turned up had we been in Thistle's circumstances to watch them celebrate at our stadium.

I'm pretty sure come the post split fixtures the away ties at Thistle and Killie will see big noisy travelling Saints supports roaring the team on regardless of who is in charge after all it's what we do.

If Lennon remains in charge I'm not so sure we will.

Thistle moved their fans to cash in on Celtic clinching the title last night - I was there on Tuesday night but I wouldn't have turned up had we been in Thistle's circumstances to watch them celebrate at our stadium.

If Lennon remains in charge I'm not so sure we will.

So you are saying fans won't go to support the team in the hour of need just because of who is managing us. I wan't Lennon to go as much as the next man but I sure as hell won't let that stop me from supporting my team in 2 of the biggest games of the season. I would suggest the massive majority of our support will share my sentiments. Those that refuse to go to these games on those grounds can find another club to support.

The support that day at Falkirk was unbelievable. From half an hour before kick off our end was jam packed with everyone, and I mean everyone singing their hearts out, so much so the music in the stadium was turned up to drown us out, which never worked as we just sang louder. I'm sure that some of the players said they could hear the support in the dressing room and it really fired them up that day.

So you are saying fans won't go to support the team in the hour of need just because of who is managing us. I wan't Lennon to go as much as the next man but I sure as hell won't let that stop me from supporting my team in 2 of the biggest games of the season. I would suggest the massive majority of our support will share my sentiments. Those that refuse to go to these games on those grounds can find another club to support.

I'm saying some won't and we don't even know if they'll be the biggest games of our season - the play-off games will I reckon, however you may well be right and I wrong, it's just a pity you went on to spoil it with your last sentence. The one thing that really pisses me off about the site is when posters take the "I'm a better fan than you" line - and that goes for the people who liked your post too.

The support that day at Falkirk was unbelievable. From half an hour before kick off our end was jam packed with everyone, and I mean everyone singing their hearts out, so much so the music in the stadium was turned up to drown us out, which never worked as we just sang louder. I'm sure that some of the players said they could hear the support in the dressing room and it really fired them up that day.

100% agree. There was a really strange mood in the support that day. Everyone was bang up for it. Absolutely brilliant.

Players responded too, it was 2-0 going on 6-0.

100% agree. There was a really strange mood in the support that day. Everyone was bang up for it. Absolutely brilliant.

Players responded too, it was 2-0 going on 6-0.

Yeah I was there that day and a few seasons earlier at Fir Park for the 2-3 game against Motherwell - I reckon you can only rally the troops for an away game once a season and with the safety net of the play-offs I don't reckon we'll see the support turn out en masse if/until that happens.

That was the best atmosphere I can remember at a match. We have had great cup ties, and league title deciders where the support was buzzing, but that afternoon in Falkirk was astonishing.

When we left the stadium, a few Bairns fans we spoke to commented that they had never experienced anything like it.

It was also one of the best St Mirren performances I can remember witnessing. This is no coincidence. The players said that the crowd drove them on, and I believe that. How could they have felt anything other than inspired with such a magnificent support behind them, even as they warmed up pre-match.

I mentioned recently that it was a privilege to be in that stand that afternoon. The hairs on my arms are standing up just remembering it.

Edited by Drew

That was the best atmosphere I can remember at a match. We have had great cup ties, and league title deciders where the support was buzzing, but that afternoon in Falkirk was astonishing.

When we left the stadium, a few Bairns fans we spoke to commented that they had never experienced anything like it.

It was also one of the best St Mirren performances I can remember witnessing. This is no coincidence. The players said that the crowd drove them on, and I believe that. How could they have felt anything other than inspired with such a magnificent support behind them, even as they warmed up pre-match.

I mentioned recently that it was a privilege to be in that stand that afternoon. The hairs on arms are standing up just remembering it.

Indeed, a special day.

Arrived early, decided to sit close to the front, serious error, the downpour drenched us but even that was forgotten as the atmosphere was electric.

Just had a feeling we couldn't lose that day, the players responded in like and it was a perfect result.

Happy drive home, daughter and son in law, a Dundee Utd supporter, all said it was one of the best games had attended.

Roll on the play offs. whistling.gif

I was supposed to go to that Falkirk game but was very ill when it came to it. Gutted I missed it!

Doesn't look like he's going to be let go before the split. I think he has the ICT and 'Well games to save his job, until the end of the season anyway. Another two bad results/performances and he'll be gone. Maybe. Actually, I have no idea.

Edited by ulysses

I mentioned recently that it was a privilege to be in that stand that afternoon. The hairs on arms are standing up just remembering it.

A guy I work alongside who lives 5 minutes from Fir Park said our support for the 2-3 game in 2006/07 was the loudest he's ever heard - unfortunately like I said it's not an atmosphere you can create every game.

A guy I work alongside who lives 5 minutes from Fir Park said our support for the 2-3 game in 2006/07 was the loudest he's ever heard - unfortunately like I said it's not an atmosphere you can create every game.

One thing is certain, we won't get it at a home game. I have already decided that I am more likely to attend the away post-split matches than the home. Terrible to say when my club won't get any financial benefit, but that is the way it is.

Fed up with people slagging Lennon off. People have short memories of what this man has done for our club. Its the players that need a bloody good shake and need to get their fingers out.no more excuses lets pack out the stands till end of season that's what TRUE fans will do show loyalty to Lennon and our team.

I'm saying some won't and we don't even know if they'll be the biggest games of our season - the play-off games will I reckon, however you may well be right and I wrong, it's just a pity you went on to spoil it with your last sentence. The one thing that really pisses me off about the site is when posters take the "I'm a better fan than you" line - and that goes for the people who liked your post too.

It wasn't aimed at you as you didn't say you wouldn't go. I am not pronouncing myself to be an uber fan but I honestly find it difficult to understand the logic of anyone who claims to support the club but would refuse to go and support the team in a potentially vital match down to a manager not being sacked. Yes this season has been crap but we are not done for yet (despite the manager imo). A big support in the post split away games might just make the difference like at Stirling, Falkirk and Motherwell. If we do end up in the play off then the same applies but we can still avoid that scenario and we can at least try to help the only way we can by backing the team on the park. You are entitled to respect an individual's choice to stay away on the grounds of Lennon still being manager but that sticks in my craw. The club always has been and always will be bigger than any individual be that manager, player or chairman for that matter.

Fed up with people slagging Lennon off. People have short memories of what this man has done for our club. Its the players that need a bloody good shake and need to get their fingers out.no more excuses lets pack out the stands till end of season that's what TRUE fans will do show loyalty to Lennon and our team.

Can't say Lennon isn't to blame.... No change or response coming from the players as a result of his managerial decisions, his post match comments are always the same, poor substitutes e.g. Paul Mcgowan off v St. Johnstone was extremely questionable as was Magennis staying on the pitch, poor tactical decisions.

As much as I agree the players need a good shake, Im not sure DL helps things.

Lennon has had 4 years of loyalty so behave yourself, times up.

Excluding the cup success, what exactly has Danny done for the club? Are we any further forward than 4 years ago? I have never been a Danny basher and a realist but tactically he is baffeling, his signing policy is not a success other than in 2 or 3 instances and in any football business success on the pitch is the measure at any club. It has been his team for last 3 seasons and on the pitch we are poor and easily beaten. It is his job to manage the players, assess the weaknesses and strengths of our players v the opposition and strengthen any key positions. The continual poor fare demonstrates he has not succeeded in developing the team and himself as a manager and simply has not learned from his mistakes. The players are indeed culpable but if they have a manager that keeps tinkering with the squad, playing players out of position and not dealing with weaknesses in certain positions, then it causes problems on the pitch. I like the man, he has the club's best interests but he clearly cannot do the job he is well paid to do anymore.

I mentioned recently that it was a privilege to be in that stand that afternoon. The hairs on my arms are standing up just remembering it.

The away cup tie at Gretna was a brilliant atmosphere too. We were packed into a temporary stand behind the goal and there was a party atmosphere and tons of singing. Unfortunately we were shit and Charlie Adam wandered away from the near post. Damn.

Falkirk and Motherwell were the best I've experienced in all my days. Magic atmosphere, great performances, great results. Hugging strangers and all that stuff. Brilliant.

The away cup tie at Gretna was a brilliant atmosphere too. We were packed into a temporary stand behind the goal and there was a party atmosphere and tons of singing. Unfortunately we were shit and Charlie Adam wandered away from the near post. Damn.

Falkirk and Motherwell were the best I've experienced in all my days. Magic atmosphere, great performances, great results. Hugging strangers and all that stuff. Brilliant.

In many ways they were even better than the cup final? Winning away from home in a real do or die atmosphere. Amazing memories.

When team leaders can't cut it you usually find the team gets tinkered with, gutted and then finally someone says "maybe it's actually the team leader". Danny has tinkered, messed around with, gutted, pissed off and misused his team members again and again. Time someone had that clarity of thought moment...or, more to the point, acted on the bloody obvious fact that Danny just doesn't have it.

As for TRUE fans...get a grip, nobody should just sit and accept our recent run.

In many ways they were even better than the cup final? Winning away from home in a real do or die atmosphere. Amazing memories.

I would say they were on a par with winning finals for atmosphere and memories. Funnily enough, in 1987 I was more excited at the end of the Hearts semi final than the final itself. This was because of the complete and utter kicks in the stones that were the three 1980s losing semi finals. The Billy Thompson through the legs Aberdeen replay, the pelted with coins Rangers replay, and the spawny Celtic winning goal in another semi.

Those games, plus Hammarby and the 2010 LC final.... Bloody hell.

Getting past the Scottish Cup semi final stage was magic.

One thing is certain, we won't get it at a home game. I have already decided that I am more likely to attend the away post-split matches than the home. Terrible to say when my club won't get any financial benefit, but that is the way it is.

The away games are better as we are all in the one stand.

At home we are spread across 3 stands