Whitley Bay Vs Saints - Mon 28Th July 7.30

Murray7

Back in the olden days it was common practice for managers to set up first team friendlies (sometimes during the season) with inferior opposition. It would allow the strikers to bang in a few goals and boost their confidence. Maybe this is TC's thinking.... Been great to see all of our new strikers get on the scoresheet.

Enjoyed the wee night out with my son. Hard to judge considering the opposition but, as they say, can only beat what's in front of you.

McLean and Tess were a class apart.

The big striker worked hard, held ball up well and scored four.

For me worth a punt but was carrying a bit of timber as the negative.

Seems the strips are selling well.................................

How are the sales of the new home strip going ?

JD sales of the home strips are more or less the same as this time last year.

You oan them Nicotine patches Again Smoke's ? thumbup2.gif

Someone told me today that the trialist didn't impress much and looked overweight.

Div, seriously, whoever told you that hasn't got a clue and you probably shouldn't listen to them ever again.

Even against Blyth he showed up well. I confidently forecast on P&B (before yesterday's game) that he would score ten goals for us next season if we signed him. I stand by that. Possibly push it out to 12. thumbup2.gif

Had a good night last night, well we did score 10 despite the quality of the opposition.

Just to show how parochial the north east is when I got there some middle aged fans from Whitley were behind me saying, which league are these in, Scottish Premiership was the answer, the first said shouldn't be too desparate then, they beat Blyth on Saturday saud the second, oh Blyth are a good side said the first!!

By the end of the game they were acknowledging that they were 4 or 5 yards short of our boys and were treating it like an exhibition from Barcelona!!!

Nice to be appreciated and a reality check on how much better we are than what some people see week in week out.

By the end of the game they were acknowledging that they were 4 or 5 yards short of our boys and were treating it like an exhibition from Barcelona!!!

Nice to be appreciated and a reality check on how much better we are than what some people see week in week out.

:)

I must agree!

Recent times that I've seen Saints, the football has been so much better than under the Sainted Gus (lang may his lum reek). His football did the business effectively for Saints during that time but it made my eyes bleed. :(

Funny, I can't remember last season's pre-season games either, but I remember the battle with Oxford at Love Street in nineteen - canteen. No 'jessification' that day! Oxford kicked us off the park wearing black boots - Shull would approve.