The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

Interesting that our opponents next week are ICT who with four goal humpings helped see the end of Hendrie and Coughlin.

A similar scenario will surely see the end.

I would have hoped that yesterday's performance would have been enough for the BoD to react. If they don't make a decision now then I genuinely have no idea what to expect anymore, well I do expect two things every Saturday, 0 points & 0 goals scored!

Pish!

Interesting that our opponents next week are ICT who with four goal humpings helped see the end of Hendrie and Coughlin.

A similar scenario will surely see the e

I just can't see us getting anything from ICT.................................a cup run is always good, but TC can't seriously think he can take us anywhere in the Cup, All this game is going to do is heap even more pressure on TC !

I'm not going either.

Nowt to to do with the legend that is wee Tam.

But to do with the invalidity of my Season Ticket.

Seriously Shull, TC a legend? Did you miss the space and meant a leg end? Tam as you call him is historically an unmitigated failure as a manager. The biggest concern for me is that yesterday's defeat was expected and when it happened I felt nothing other than sheer resignation and a deep feeling that there is no escape from this. If we do go down (and that is very likely) blame must be placed at the feet of the Board who are running our club and made the decision not just to appoint a failed manager but also to give him a 2 year contract FFS. They are culpable for that decision but also responsible for ensuring the club does whatever is required to secure our status. The silence is deafening. The board saved us, but how much more milage is left in that when all around us is crumbling and heading down south quicker than a whore's drawers?

Edited by nedflanders123

don't think they will give a toss,dont seem to be bothered what happens with st Mirren at this present time,1 of the papers even reports they left the ground yesterday after the 3rd goal went in,which is totally unacceptable for a board of directors

Wonder what the Board will think if attendance is as low as some think?

It's a shite state of affairs to be in Tommy, and all the shooting practice in the world won't make any fecking difference if we don't know how to defend!

Have we done any defensive drills in training to try and resolve the errors we are making most weeks? I've been told no.

First law of football in a crisis like this. Make yourself difficult to beat.

Agreed. Even Danny realised this. After the horrendous run of results at the start of last season, he changed the team and made them narrow and compact. Tommy has no clue how to do this whatsoever. The injuries don't help, but that doesn't necessarily have to affect the tactics. Maybe Tommy thinks we can only play one way with what we've got?

Have taken my time in posting after yet another expected defeat(Hamilton for Gods sake).What on earth is this man thinking about throwing in two young boys in a struggling team already beset with injuries. Going also with a rookie keeper.Above all playing them on one of the worst playing surfaces in the league.He said he had the strikers practising all week yet leaves them on the bench.His post match interview proved beyond all reasonable doubt how utterly clueless he is.He should have all his fit players in today not tomorrow and nothing but double sessions will do from now on.Learn something from a good Paisley boy a fine young head coach by the name of Robbie Neilson.However for now your time is well and truly expired at my beloved Football Club.

Genuine question for any legal minds out there - at what point can TC be sacked for non-performance without the need for compensation?

If I missed my work target every week I would be bagged and laughed out of a tribunal.

I would at the very least expect someone to have had a word about not meeting expectations and offering me "extra training". Continued poor performance would result in a warning, then the tin tack if it doesn't improve.

That's a matter if weeks at my work - why is it different for football?

Genuine question for any legal minds out there - at what point can TC be sacked for non-performance without the need for compensation?

If I missed my work target every week I would be bagged and laughed out of a tribunal.

I would at the very least expect someone to have had a word about not meeting expectations and offering me "extra training". Continued poor performance would result in a warning, then the tin tack if it doesn't improve.

Imagine that would be really difficult in football as there's a lot of points to play for. Look at Newcastle, 5 wins on the bounce and they are tied 4th.

Obviously I cant see us winning 5 on the bounce but it's not an impossibility.

The difference is when I started my job I didn't sign a 2 year contract, just a contract of terms and conditions.

An employer can dispense with your services when you are on a fixed term contract at any point they wish , as long as they pay up in full the remainder of the contract albeit 1 month / 18 month etc. They have only committed to you for that length of time.

A person in full time regular employment is harder to get rid of as the process can be quite long winded.

It can be an advantage having someone on a fixed term especially if there is a `review period` perhpas 3 or 6 months ? written in which allows both parties to terminate the agreement.

Every permanent or fixed term contract is different in most repsects as it is down to whatever is agreed.

Like most poeple have stated , it is astonishing the Tommy got a 2 year deal ! that was an error of judgement if there was no `review period` written in.

Tommy should show some dignity , leave , and allow us to rescue our season. (IMO)