Gary Teale Will Be The Next Manager

Whilst all of us are thinking Thommo or other managers our board are once again thinking differently from our support.

If you go back over the last 20 years all we've done is bring in the cheap option then promote the assistants.

Tom Hendrie > John Coughlin > Gus McPherson > (board fall out with Andy Millen) > Danny Lennon > Tommy Craig ..... And so it continues.

When Craig was appointed one of the first things he said was his job was to help bring through Gary teale and Jim Goodwin. The board appointed the 3 of them thinking smuggly to themselves there's our cheap option managers for the next 5-6 years.

History would tell us - Don't be surprised!

Edited by Big Yards

Listen this could work. Just watching Swansea today and their young manager Gary Monk came through their team as player to manager.my own preference is for a tried and tested manager.

True MCS, but he had loads of money to spend. Any manager we get will be scrambling around for frees and loans. What is most obvious is the lack of anything resembling a system. Players don't seem to know where they're playing or what they're supposed to do when we inevitably go one down. A tried and tested man who can make us difficult to beat is required

I'm inclined to think if Craig gets the bullet that Goodwin and Teale would step up for the remainder of the season. Not saying it'd be my choice but I think it'll be the boards next move to continue the stalling until the sale goes through.

The thing is, surely Goodwin and Teams are part of the coaching setup and, as part of TC's backroom team, are just as culpable as our clueless manager? They may have played no part in the farcical signings but if they were given the reins then I hold no confidence that much would change. If TC is to go then we should bring in a tried and tested man.

I'm inclined to think if Craig gets the bullet that Goodwin and Teale would step up for the remainder of the season. Not saying it'd be my choice but I think it'll be the boards next move to continue the stalling until the sale goes through.

But Big Yards thinks the BOD will be around for the next 5 to 6 years.

The thing is, surely Goodwin and Teams are part of the coaching setup and, as part of TC's backroom team, are just as culpable as our clueless manager? They may have played no part in the farcical signings but if they were given the reins then I hold no confidence that much would change. If TC is to go then we should bring in a tried and tested man.

Sadly that didn't stop them appointing Craig.

The next manager must be someone who is currently not employed by St Mirren FC.

Gary Teale would be a dreadful choice, the guy once got thrown out of Bonkers nightclub for being too drunk back in the late 90s.

I got threw out of Club 30 grab a granny night in the late 90's for being drunk , or was it being desperate?

Now for a touch of fantasizing for a bit of light relief.

Who should/could be the next manager whenever that may be?

How about for starters Derek Adams, Stuart McCall, Billy Stark or Terry Butcher?

Any of these have proven track records as managers unlike the present incumbent.

Also, would you like to see Teale and Goodwin retained in their current roles? Personally, I would like to see Thommo as assistant to any of the above experienced managers.

Our record is such this season that urgent action is now essential before it is too late as TC's managerial record would indicate that it is beyond his capabilities of turning things around.