Cheesy's Away.

He was neither the best or the worst player we have ever had, but at least he gave his all for St.Mirren and he certainly does not or did not deserve the abuse he got on this site.

Well, quite. He's not even in the list of the worst 25 players to play for us in the past two seasons.

We are always looking for hidden agendas but maybe there isn't one! The statement stated 'mutual consent' (and I know that could mean anything); his contract was up shortly anyway and he is injured. Maybe Cheesy just decided - like many on here - that he needs a break and leaves a few weeks early. I know I wont be back this season, mutual consent or not. (And I have paid in advance via my season ticket for the upcoming games so the club ain't going without).

Yes, he is a st.mirren fan. yes, he probably is gutted. And, yes, he gave his all but effort should be a given, not an expectation. ultimately he wasn't good enough, particularly given the wage he was reportedly on.

Stories about which were probably a great big stream of pish!

Off the back of yesterdays AGM, do you think that decisions have already been made by who goes and who stays at the end of their contracts and Cheesey was one of those who would not be here next season? If the case, maybe he hadn't taken it too well and asked to leave early considering he is a Saints fan and it being pretty heartbreaking news.

seems rats are leaving sinking ship

will captain go down with her mr Gilmour

next will be thommo then goodwin

get ready for cheap kids next season but season ticket prices we will see

got to balance books close on stand will be next to save money

no games at 3 in winter to save leccy bill on floodlights

we are so skint preseason tour to isle of man ,,,

known marc since he was a nipper, work with one and go to the games with another of members of his family and known his dad for years too first and foremost marc has always and hopefully will still be a saints fan .marc over the years served the club well and has made a bawz of a few too just has all players at the club sorry its came to this but hope you find a new club and good luck for the rest of your career cheesy lad

Doesn't make much difference I guess. My guess he was injured for the rest of the season and just felt he'd rather go now than hang around the club for another month and the club agreed to let him go.

Another cup winning legend gone, all the best in the future Cheesy!

Doesn't make much difference I guess. My guess he was injured for the rest of the season and just felt he'd rather go now than hang around the club for another month and the club agreed to let him go.

Another cup winning legend gone, all the best in the future Cheesy!

That just leaves Goodwin, Teale, Thompson and McGinn out of the 16 squad members Edited by cambiebud

He was neither the best or the worst player we have ever had, but at least he gave his all for St.Mirren and he certainly does not or did not deserve the abuse he got on this site.

anyone who throws personal abuse at cheesy is not a true Saints fan mate ignore them don't give them fuel

This is the best option for Marc who leaves with his head held high and his dignity intact. He will always be a cup winning legend and one of our own who never once responded to the utter morons who screamed personal abuse at him during games.

Good luck Marc you deserve to find a good club and you deserve our gratitude for going at this point thus saving the club you support a fair bit of cash. One or two wage thieves should follow your example by doing the right thing by the club.

Hearing that this rumoured Belgian consortium has a replacement lined up who is every bit as good.

post-1859-0-27209600-1429116409_thumb.jp

sorry couldn't resist.....frustrating player because he reached the desired level on many occasions but just fell far short too much of the time. Always gave 100% though and I suppose that's all you can ask so I thank him for that and wish him well.

Edited by WirralSaint