Cheesy's Away.

If I got a game ahead of Cheesy as a youngster and he ended up winning a national trophy with the team we both support, I'd be absolutely gutted at how my life had turned out too.

Poor guy.

Edited by JM1

If I got a game ahead of Cheesy as a youngster and he ended up winning a national trophy with the team we both support, I'd be absolutely gutted at how my life had turned out too.

Poor guy.

yeah just like a lot of others that played with him were thinking jammy bastard wish my dad was a director

Lol he wouldn't be with us if his dad wasn't a director.

I played in same team as mark when he was younger and he couldn't even get a game.

He's lucky he's tall and got a dad on the board of a football team because he's not very good with the ball and would of ended up like the rest of us watching the game

I am more than interested to know what team you played beside Marc in and the reasons you never made it.Paul Cairney and Marc went on to play professional football from St Mirren FCBC and Saints pro youth.Did you play in either of them or was it Lochfield Primary?

I am more than interested to know what team you played beside Marc in and the reasons you never made it.Paul Cairney and Marc went on to play professional football from St Mirren FCBC and Saints pro youth.Did you play in either of them or was it Lochfield Primary?

I think it was the latter.

Though rumour has it he was 18 at the time!lol.gif

Aye the Lochfield Wizards! Weren't there rumours they were looking to enter their B in the old Second Division?

Paul had to stick in and work hard to get where he is, not handed in a plate to him and was a quality player when younger.

Could of been a much better player if he wasn't too fond of a drink or two

Paul had to stick in and work hard to get where he is, not handed in a plate to him and was a quality player when younger.

I played alongside Alex Mcleish and between us we went on to win 77 caps for Scotland.

I know.

That c**t cheesy didn't half get that league cup winners medal handed to him...

Which team did you play for ????.Both Paul and Marc had to work hard to get where they have.I just hope you were not one of the quality players in my team who did not.

Let's show marc some respect. He like the rest of st mirren fans were delighted at cup win and pulled the st mirren shirt on every week not just for a wage but because he is a fan. If I won the lottery maybe I would want my son to be a part of the set up. So I applaud marc and hope he comes back to get a respected send of.

Edited by fan4ever

I think a lot of folk are jealous that Cheesey got to live the dream of playing for his boyhood heroes and winning a cup winners medal along the way.

If you think he was getting picked every week because his old man is on the board, then you are deluded.

If you think he was getting picked every week because his old man is on the board, then you are deluded.

Do you think it was because DL, TC and GT couldn't be bothered trying Sean Kelly at CB then? That said Sean beside Goodwin could have been just as bad as Cheesy beside Goodwin. Who knows, indeed who even knows enough to say that Marc was or wasn't picked because of his dad. Deluded is strong, it's certainly not impossible.

yeah just like a lot of others that played with him were thinking jammy bastard wish my dad was a director

I'm feeling your pain......and reading your jealousy!!

I got fairly close to being a professional footballer but didn't quite make it, the reason was I just wasn't good enough ..........I have nothing but respect for the guys that do make it, try not to drown in your own bitterness.

I'm feeling your pain......and reading your jealousy!!

I got fairly close to being a professional footballer but didn't quite make it, the reason was I just wasn't good enough ..........I have nothing but respect for the guys that do make it, try not to drown in your own bitterness.

lol ok that's how I'm jealous of every other player that's played for St mirren hate them all that's why I go supporting them every week and will continue to do so.

Cheesy was more fortunate than others not much wrong with that but he was.

Its like thompsons son who gets to go and play with the older age groups to help him improve better.

lol ok that's how I'm jealous of every other player that's played for St mirren hate them all that's why I go supporting them every week and will continue to do so.

Cheesy was more fortunate than others not much wrong with that but he was.

Its like thompsons son who gets to go and play with the older age groups to help him improve better.

You've still to tell us who you played for?

What is the point in saying Cheesy was good, bad or indifferent? This is guy who won us a cup (thanks very much) but he's an ex player now. It's time to look forward and make sure we have a good team next season, the past is gone, it's now and the future that matters.